Is sharing a soda card stealing?

Podorama

By your way of thinking one pax could buy a card and supply soda for the entire ship for the entire cruise.

OK, thats it! Since such a over the top example again is used... I will take the challange! I have a cruise (Yes Carnival) in about a month, I will for the first time ever, buy a soda card ( I don't even drink the stuff, well not very often anyway) and I intend to try to buy EVERYONE on the ship a soda.

I am not kidding.. I will do everything I can to see how many sodas I can buy and then give away!! If anyone asks me for a soda I will go get it for them.... I will try to be proactive and just give the darn things away! Lets just find out if it is even possible with ONE soda card to buy EVERYONE on the ship at lest one soda!! IT must be since the "example" keeps being used as proof why sharing a soda card is stealing!

Stay tuned I'll let you know how it goes!! Thanks for the great IDEA!

Pod-O-Rama

OK, thats it! Since such a over the top example again is used... I will take the challange! I have a cruise (Yes Carnival) in about a month, I will for the first time ever, buy a soda card ( I don't even drink the stuff, well not very often anyway) and I intend to try to buy EVERYONE on the ship a soda.

I am not kidding.. I will do everything I can to see how many sodas I can buy and then give away!! If anyone asks me for a soda I will go get it for them.... I will try to be proactive and just give the darn things away! Lets just find out if it is even possible with ONE soda card to buy EVERYONE on the ship at lest one soda!! IT must be since the "example" keeps being used as proof why sharing a soda card is stealing!

Stay tuned I'll let you know how it goes!! Thanks for the great IDEA!

Pod-O-Rama

But you must give us an HONEST report, ok!

so if stealing is stealing.... can you not think of even one situation where stealing is justified?

I wonder which is worse.. "Stealing" a soda that is in fact paid for OR, belittling, insulting, ridicule and degrading people you do not even know because you THINK you know what they may think on a topic and disagree.... Hmmmmmm

Hmmmmmmm, indeed. If you think a soda card costs too much and someone belittles, ridicules, insults and/or degrades you because of it, well, you're absolutely right, that's pretty low. But if you "think" that sharing a soda card is not stealing, well, that's like "thinking" the sky is green. You see, that's not really a matter of opinion.

so if stealing is stealing.... can you not think of even one situation where stealing is justified?

I wonder which is worse.. "Stealing" a soda that is in fact paid for OR, belittling, insulting, ridicule and degrading people you do not even know because you THINK you know what they may think on a topic and disagree.... Hmmmmmm

I find it AMAZING that the people who are so quick to take such a moral high ground are also (for the most part) the same ones who have been insulting and degrading.... talk about hypocrisy!

Wow...are you talking about other posters on this thread or yourself.....shakes head and confused......;) ;)

So if I buy a soda card and thus have "bought" sodas to be consumed at my leasure and give a soda away that is wrong. (err stealing or cheating....) But if I buy a soda and bring it on to the ship (which is legal) and give it away that is ok... HUH???

Wow...are you talking about other posters on this thread or yourself.....shakes head and confused......;) ;)

I have insulted nobody, have not suggested anyone was a thief, stupid, lacked brain cells...etc. Which has been said and suggested of me. All I have done is ask a simple little question or two. You may want to re-read this thread if you think I have.

So if I buy a soda card and thus have "bought" sodas to be consumed at my leasure and give a soda away that is wrong. (err stealing or cheating....) But if I buy a soda and bring it on to the ship (which is legal) and give it away that is ok... HUH???

YES if you buy a card and share it you are wrong under terms of card.

On my last cruise we were waiting in the showroom and the wife of the couple in front of us order a coke from the pop card. When the waiter gets back and gives it to her, she stiffs the waiter.

Then when he is gone, she gives it to the husband.

A couple minutes later a different waiter shows up and she orders another one for herself and she stiffs him too.

Maybe the OP can get free cruises because they aren't at full capacity and those berths would just get wasted anyway.

I can't believe it.....

1960 views and 142 posts on whether stealing is stealing.....

I would think the first person who answered this "YES" would have been the end of it.....;)

Post #143 view # 1961...LOL:rolleyes:

If it were only that simple:D

Hmmmmmmm, indeed. If you think a soda card costs too much and someone belittles, ridicules, insults and/or degrades you because of it, well, you're absolutely right, that's pretty low. But if you "think" that sharing a soda card is not stealing, well, that's like "thinking" the sky is green. You see, that's not really a matter of opinion.

Hey Parrot Rob... I have yet to state if I think it is stealing, or should be done.. :-) In fact all I have done at all is ask a few simple questions and well, ...do a little fishing! :-) Now about that soda, if it is already paid for are you telling me it should be paid for again??

Of course now I feel that it needs to be proven if in fact it is at all possible to use only ONE soda card and supply the ENTIRE ship with soda! :-)

On my last cruise we were waiting in the showroom and the wife of the couple in front of us order a coke from the pop card. When the waiter gets back and gives it to her, she stiffs the waiter.

A couple minutes later a different waiter shows up and she orders another one for herself and she stiffs him too.

Maybe the OP can get free cruises because they aren't at full capacity and those berths would just get wasted anyway.

Not me, I tend to over pay and over tip if anything!

Hey Parrot Rob... I have yet to state if I think it is stealing, or should be done.. :-) In fact all I have done at all is ask a few simple questions and well, ...do a little fishing! :-)

Of course now I feel that it needs to be proven if in fact it is at all possible to use only ONE soda card and supply the ENTIRE ship with soda! :-)

While it may be possible it is still wrong to do it. The card is issued to the holder for their own use--but hey, have a go at it if it makes you feel better!!!:confused:

Hey Parrot Rob... I have yet to state if I think it is stealing, or should be done.. :-) In fact all I have done at all is ask a few simple questions and well, ...do a little fishing! :-)

Wrong is wrong, and if you want to be wrong, have a go at it. Card is intended to be used for your personal consumption that is why they are sold per person, not per family, per cabin, per deck . . . . . . per ship!!!:rolleyes:

That's right. That is, of course, unless the soda you brought on with you clearly says it can only be used by the person that bought it. I don't think it says that, so feel free to share it.

The soda card, on the other hand...

It's really not that difficult to understand for people that have common sense.

I have insulted nobody, have not suggested anyone was a thief, stupid, lacked brain cells...etc. Which has been said and suggested of me. All I have done is ask a simple little question or two. You may want to re-read this thread if you think I have.

You're right about one thing at least, it's a simple question.

Which is why so many people are baffled by your ability to comprehend the simple answer :confused:

So like I posted to the other poster by your logic I can buy a soda card and give my sodas to all the pax on the ship one by one. Cause once I take possesion of the soda it is mine to do with as I will.

I would love for you to try that on your next cruise and see what happens!

Technically I suppose you could. Not sure why you would:confused:

Nah I wouldn't do that because that is not my logic at all.

If the sharing of cards were to become a real problem I wonder if they would go to a limited type of card - say 20 sodas for a set price rather than having an unlimited card? Then it wouldn't matter who drank them. They could tie the feature into your S&S card like Disney does their dining plan.

They should do what Disney cruise lines does. Raise the fares $400pp and give you the soda free.;)

Bill

That's right. That is, of course, unless the soda you brought on with you clearly says it can only be used by the person that bought it. I don't think it says that, so feel free to share it.

The soda card, on the other hand...

It's really not that difficult to understand for people that have common sense.

Now now Rob, you come across as a goodguy, don't start with the insults!

So if I buy a card, get a soda (they open a can) then I give the soda away then go to my room and get a soda (same kind, size etc) and take it to the bar I just got a soda card soda from and give the un-opended soda to the bar... did anything wrong, stealing, cheating occur?

Now now Rob, you come across as a goodguy, don't start with the insults!

So if I buy a card, get a soda (they open a can) then I give the soda away*** then go to my room and get a soda (same kind, size etc) and take it to the bar I just got a soda card soda from and give the un-opended soda to the bar... did anything wrong, stealing, cheating occur?

ob·strep·er·ous (ŏb-strěp'ər-əs)

adj.

Noisily and stubbornly defiant.

But if you really want an answer, yes, you did. You broke the rule at the ***, and anything you do after that doesn't change that fact.

Be ludicrous and pretend you don't understand all night if you like, I'm going to bed.

Do you mean stiffing the waiter as in not giving him a tip? If so the tip is paid up front when you purchase the card. No need to tip above that.

So no she did not stiff anyone;)

You're right about one thing at least, it's a simple question.

Which is why so many people are baffled by your ability to comprehend the simple answer :confused:

Rob, the insults are not very nice! Tisk Tisk

Hmmm, I am sure I have not really stated my opinion one way or the other! That you or anyone else thinks I have is well..... interesting.

However there certainly are differenting points of view on this thread on this topic! I do not see what my ability to "comprehend" or lack thereof has to do with it! :-)

Archived