Is sharing a soda card stealing?

Podorama

LOL!

When my DD was 13, we went to the movies. As we stepped to the ticket counter, the cashier asked, "One adult and one child?" (She could easily have passed for 11, and no one would have been the wiser.) Without hesitation, DD said, "Two adults." I was never more proud of her.

I wonder if she would have done the same thing if I had been sneaking her into amusement parks when she was 4.

im sure she would have.. everyone thats a young one always wants to be considered an adult...

and no one is sneaking anyone into amusement parks:rolleyes:

A local department store places an advertisement in the newspaper. It states that next week there is a sale on widescreen TVs. The newspaper makes a mistake and instead of $2699.99 they list the sale price as $26.99.

There are two types of people in this world. The first type realizes that somebody made an honest mistake and that there is no way that the department store could possibly sell those TVs for $26.99.

The second type marches down to that store and demands with great indignation and thunder that the department store sell them the TV for the promised price of $26.99. And by God they are not going to leave the store until they get that $26.99 plasma.

I bet I could guess which type you would be. And I bet you could guess which type I consider a decent person and which I type I consider is to be a morally bankrupt opportunist.

Yeah add that to my list. Along with robbing banks, stealing cameras from my fellow passengers, driving while drinking:rolleyes: Afterall if you go back and read this thread that's the kind of person that shares a soda with his significant other. You guys crack me up:D

Yeah add that to my list. Along with robbing banks, stealing cameras from my fellow passengers, driving while drinking:rolleyes: Afterall if you go back and read this thread that's the kind of person that shares a soda with his significant other. You guys crack me up:D

i cant believe what the world has come to!!!!!!:eek:

im sure she would have.. everyone thats a young one always wants to be considered an adult...

and no one is sneaking anyone into amusement parks:rolleyes:

Oh ok. My DD did the right thing, only because it was to her perceived benefit? Sorry, I can't let that stand. She knows very well that Mom loves a bargain. But she knows that Mom loves integrity even more. She spoke up when she didn't have to, because she knew it was the honest thing to do -- something that's very important in our family. ;)

I'm trying to understand this... you'll do the right thing if someone specifically asks, but if not, then you consider it "lucky"?

I'll post this again: "Our character is what we do when we think no one is watching."

To answer OP's question--yes, I think it's stealing unless the card is a punch-type card good for, say, 20 cokes. Then no.

However, I gotta ask the question. You've already paid hundreds, if not thousands of dollars for this cruise. And now you want to hold back $30? Why? Why not buy the card if you're a big soft drink consumer, or just pay by the drink? Why must there always be people who try to get something for nothing?

And please don't tell me the cruise line is already getting so much of your money. You didn't have to take the cruise. Nobody is forcing you. If you don't like what the line charges, take your business elsewhere. Just be honest about it. Please.

BTW--just back from our cruise, where my son and daughter both got several soft drinks on the house. When we produced our cruise card for payment, we were often waved away by our server or the bartender. Sometimes honesty does have its rewards.

My husband purchased the soda card, because he likes Diet Coke in the morning instead of coffee.

Usually I would drink water with my meals, he would have his soda. One day, I wanted a soda and I gave him my card and asked him to purchase me a soda on it. He went up to the guy serving drinks at the buffet and got his soda with his card and then he gave the guy my card and ordered me a soda. The guy told him not to worry and just used my husband's soda card for my soda.

So I think they really don't care whether you share or not.

The waiter hoping for a tip IS NOT the same as the CFO of Carnival. Of course, the waiter doesn't care. You might be shocked to learn that the guy that writes the bank's TV adds, IS NOT the same guy that approves the loans. Life's like that!:D

Dan

Since this thread was about Carnival please read the following:

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Fountain_Fun_Card.aspx

Then tell me where it says the soda purchaser must consume the sodas he buys.

Lord this is getting really old:rolleyes:

Kurbanfan, you and I have argued before and we have agreed before. I have felt that you possessed a functioning, rational mind. But if you think that FAQ says anything else but use for and by the purchaser ONLY. You may be seriously wacky. :D

And you should not be encouraging that young girl that has gone from thinking stealing a $1.50 coke is OK, to saying stealing a $60. park admission is also OK. Can stealing cameras be far behind? You might be held as an accomplice!!!!!!!!:eek:

Dan

EX:

when you bring your children to great adventure... and children under 3 and under get in free.... your child is now four but looks very young and they pass them for 3...

would you really say oh no!!!! hes 4 i must pay for him to get in???

im sorry but if this happens... i can save 60 bucks on getting a 4 year old into great adventure that he most likely will never remember is like a lucky day.....

then of course im very supersticious so i have to do a good deed along that day like donate money to BC =) Always do that

See the problem is that you seem to be one of those that will not break the rules intentionally, but if someone else makes a mistake, you feel free to take advantage of it. Many of us won't *AND* don't. I don't quietly accept it as good luck if a server forgets to put something on a bill. If a park attendant makes an assumption that anyone in my party is under a certain age or over a certain age (for senior discount) and they are not, I say something. I don't quietly take advantage of another person's error even though it would save me money. I was not raised that way and I feel that is wrong and immoral. And I won't take advantage of these things as just "lucky".

For some of us honesty and integrity are not grey areas to be fudged around the edges just because it gives us personal advantage to do so. You may not believe that we do this, but many of us do.

Kurbanfan, you and I have argued before and we have agreed before. I have felt that you possessed a functioning, rational mind. But if you think that FAQ says anything else but use for and by the purchaser ONLY. You may be seriously wacky. :D

And you should not be encouraging that young girl that has gone from thinking stealing a $1.50 coke is OK, to saying stealing a $60. park admission is also OK. Can stealing cameras be far behind? You might be held as an accomplice!!!!!!!!:eek:

Dan

Actually I am not encouraging anyone to do anything of the sort. If you read my posts you will find that out. She's a big girl she can figure it out on her own.

Didn't know that you were the one to determine if I am of sound mind. But hey thanks for thinking of me:D Love how people throw out those little jabs because their argument is lacking.

Oh and by the way I have already been accused of stealing cameras:rolleyes:

Silly I know but that's just another jab that gets thrown out when some are lacking the ability to get their point across.

But hey, I will be the better person and if I ever meet up with ya on a cruise I will personally buy ya a beer. But it won't be no MIller Chill LOL!

In post #177, I asked podorama the OP a simple question. He/she/it has so far been unwilling or unable to answer. Leaving the rest of the theft is OK group high and dry.

According to the mini-thieves, it is OK to steal if:

Its a small amount like $1.50 [already escalated to $60.00]

Its from a company making profits,

If you think the mark-up is too high.

If a clerk/ticket taker makes an error.

If you choose to intentionally misinterpret a simple [and clear] rule of purchase.

And I guess, any other reason you might think of to your benefit and the detriment of others.

We have also learned that's it is OK to teach a young child to steal if they are only 3 or 4 years old because they are too young to realize what is happening around them! Talk about a head full of cement! Wow.

So troll leader, where are you? Come and answer the question.

Dan

See the problem is that you seem to be one of those that will not break the rules intentionally, but if someone else makes a mistake, you fee free to take advantage of it. Many of us won't *AND* don't. I don't quietly accept good luck if a server forgets to put something on a bill. If a park attendant makes an assumption that anyone in my party is under a certain age or over a certain age (for senior discount) and they are not, I say something. I don't quietly take advantage of another person's error even though it would save me money. I was not raised that way and I feel that is wrong and immoral. And I won't take advantage of these things as just "lucky".

For some of us honesty and integrity are not grey areas to be fudged around the edges just because it gives us personal advantage to do so. You may not believe that we do this, but many of us do.

;) your the only person on here that from "the other side" makes sense- i completely respect you for that. Some people are the way they are nothing less nothing more..

I dont worry about what saves me money ... whatever money anything would have saved me i would donate it to cancer funds... so its not like im pocketing the money and sayy YEAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!=) ...

We have also learned that's it is OK to teach a young child to steal if they are only 3 or 4 years old because they are too young to realize what is happening around them! Talk about a head full of cement! Wow.

Dan

do you need help reading? ...because i think you read what i wrote wrongly....can you please re read my posts.... i was not trying to teach a 3-4 year old how to steal...

mabe you should follow through completely before you post:rolleyes:

Actually I am not encouraging anyone to do anything of the sort. If you read my posts you will find that out. She's a big girl she can figure it out on her own.

Didn't know that you were the one to determine if I am of sound mind. But hey thanks for thinking of me:D Love how people throw out those little jabs because their argument is lacking.

Silly I know but that's just another jab that gets thrown out when some are lacking the ability to get their point across.

But hey, I will be the better person and if I ever meet up with ya on a cruise I will personally buy ya a beer. But it won't be no MIller Chill LOL!

me 2 me 2 :p

i dont think he fully reads the posts ;)

Question.

If I buy a soda card, and only drink half of the soda and give the rest to my Dh, you are telling me that is stealing. NOW for the question.

If I buy a 20 oz soda on the road at a rest stop, and share it with my Dh, is that stealing????

It is the same aspect.

See, there's agreement on many levels. Beer and Miller Chill should never be used in the same sentence. And I would allow you to buy me as many beers as you like.:D:D Total agreement...........Now the rest of you, try to get along.

Dan

Question.

If I buy a soda card, and only drink half of the soda and give the rest to my Dh, you are telling me that is stealing. NOW for the question.

If I buy a 20 oz soda on the road at a rest stop, and share it with my Dh, is that stealing????

It is the same aspect.

YEP its stealing hehe-;)

Question.

It is the same aspect.

If I go on a cruise where I know what the rules are for soda purchases, basically you don't buy to split and I do that regularly and routinely I am breaking the rules, and stealing no matter how little the amount

Now if someone thinks that is the same aspect as buying a soda out of a vending machine and sharing it , then they are in the group that can rationalize theft

No it isn't the same aspect, sorry

do the math. I am allowed 4 sodas per day on the soda card to be fair.

6x7/1.50=28/7=4

this equasion is baised on a can of soda costing 1.50. And that is for a 8 oz glass. Not even the full 12 oz can. So I am now up to 8 glasses of soda a day. If I drink one every hour, that makes my soda card being overactive. Why not just put a limit of 8 per day on the cards? After the 8 per day, then you have to start paying for them.

If I drank that much soda, i would be sick. I can make a 20 oz bottle last me nearly 3 days. Where my DD can drink a 20 oz bottle in a matter of minutes.

do you need help reading? ...because i think you read what i wrote wrongly....can you please re read my posts.... i was not trying to teach a 3-4 year old how to steal...

mabe you should follow through completely before you post:rolleyes:

Maybe YOU should read what you post. You said you would let a ticket taker make a $60. error in front of the child and you would NOT correct it. THAT is TEACHING by example. And if you think a 4 year old won't pick up on that, you are way beyond clueless about children.

Every moment, every day, every way. we are teaching a watching child, even if we don't want them to learn the lesson shown.

Dan

Maybe YOU should read what you post. You said you would let a ticket taker make a $60. error in front of the child and you would NOT correct it. THAT is TEACHING by example. And if you think a 4 year old won't pick up on that, you are way beyond clueless about children.

Every moment, every day, every way. we are teaching a watching child, even if we don't want them to learn the lesson shown.

Dan

i guess im clueless i still dont see that im trying to sneak a child in an amusement park- i still dont see that im teaching a child to steal-:rolleyes:

Archived