Inside Guarantee???

My husband and I are looking to take a cruise the end of September. Since it's last minute we are looking into booking an inside guarantee cat Z on MOS. Just curious about your experience with this? I'm a little nervous but would like to spend our money on other things. (excursions, shopping :D )

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

If you're prepared to get an inside cabin in the worst possible spot, and don't really care, then an inside guarantee is the way to go! Of course, you could also get upgraded at some point--either to a better inside room, or even an OV/Balcony!!!! BUT--you MUST be prepared to get exactly what you're paying for.

I prefer booking a specific room so I know exactly where I will be.

If you're prepared to get an inside cabin in the worst possible spot, and don't really care, then an inside guarantee is the way to go! Of course, you could also get upgraded at some point--either to a better inside room, or even an OV/Balcony!!!! BUT--you MUST be prepared to get exactly what you're paying for.

I prefer booking a specific room so I know exactly where I will be.

I've tried explaining that to my husband. You get what you pay for. I guess you can say I've been spoiled with balconies.

We are die-hard inside guarantee people... we always book that way and so far, we feel, we have been lucky to have inside rooms in good places...

That being said... our last cruise we booked IG as usual then discovered our friends were cruising with us and were on another deck.... plus, the price of that specific deck's inside cabin was $150pp LESS than what we paid for the guarantee (due to a last minute price drop)... we changed cabins AND got $300 back...

It depends on how important the cabin is to you... we spend so little time in our cabin that having an inside is really all we need.

yes that the way to go my frist cruise we got one with a window and we were up by 6 am everyday sun came in couldnt help it... in may of 2007 we got a inside room on deck 8 small but better i like dark when i sleep we are going on the exsplore of the sea on dec 2 and we got a inside room on deck 10 for 708 anight you have to look for it but it there god luck

donna

Worst case you get a room 10 sq ft smaller then most inside cabins. All you are guaranteed is an inside cabin. RCI can choose to upgrade you bepending on demand. The guarantees do drop off at some point and become n/a. If it's just two adults you have to just ask how much room do you need? We find the standard Inside has more than enough room. We use our cabin to change, take a nap, and sleep. The biggest decision is the cruiseline you select and in this case you have done well grasshopper.

Hi,

Just a gut feel (and past experience), most every time we got a guarantee cabin we found out about are cabin number shortly after the final payment is due. Every time it has been an upgrade (not a large one, but nice). So only being lees than 2 months out for your cruise, you may not get a great upgrade just because the others who already purchased guarantees before final payment maybe already got upgraded. Just a gut feeling and JMO;) .

John

Out of 6 sailings with a guarantee inside or outside, I have only been assigned a decent cabin once. I now book the lowest price cabin I can afford in an area I am happy with. Have been directly over the engine in the last cabin at the back on a guarantee. You had to laugh since the noise was soo loud you could only sleep with earplugs. That being said any cruise is better than no cruise at any price.

We had a inside guarantee. Got deck 2 almost in the aft, maybe 5 cabins from the very back of the ship, lowest level. There was some vibration at times from the thrusters, but it was a convenient location.

Id do it again if the price was right, even though we got the lowest deck and almost the very back of the ship, no upgrade.

We almost always book an inside gty. and have gotten upgraded about half the time. Usually in the same catagory (inside to inside, just higher deck). I always imagine we are all in suites when the lights go out!! ;)

With the exception of our last cruise we've always booked an inside guarantee. I've never minded them at all. They have what you need, and all we usually do in our room is change and sleep so it's never been a big deal. Plus, we could cruise more often if we booked an inside guarantee because they're so affordable.

Our last cruise on the Serenade was our first balcony and it was amazing and we fell in love with it, and it was a whole different experience, but next month my mom and I are going on the Explorer to Bermuda and we have an inside, and I definitely will not be complaining because um...I'll be on a cruise and not at home or work. :D We have a Grand Suite for our wedding/honeymoon cruise but that's just because it's such a special occaision. So basically, now we're addicted to balcony cabins but I'd never hesitate to book an inside if the price was right and we had limited time to plan or save $$. You'll be fine!

Laura

Go for it! Just have a few more mojito's and you won't care what room your in.:)

:D I like your thinking :D Still trying to decide which cruise. Mariner, Enchantment or Freedom. Too many choices not enough time to decide since we are trying to go for our anniversary at the end of September. Thanks for all of the replies.

The inside guarantee we are looking at is on Mariner of the Seas.

I like Mariner because it goes out of Port Canaveral which is much easier to get around in. Im a small town gal I guess. Its easy to find a hotel with cruise parking or a cruise deal that includes breakfast and shuttles to the port. Besides, Mariner is going to California in 2009 so you dont have a lot longer to cruise on her.

Iv been to Port Everglades in January and next month back to Port Canaveral and just like the slower pace there. Im back in 2008, but doing Disney. Im a equal opportunity cruiser, I like all the cruiselines, even Princess. There is tons of information on hotels and such down on the East Coast Port Thread.

Besides, Mariner is going to California in 2009 so you dont have a lot longer to cruise on her.

She is not going to a grave yard in California to die, she is just sailing out of California. :D Just cause she is coming here does not mean the OP can not sail her ever again. :D ;)

I like Mariner because it goes out of Port Canaveral which is much easier to get around in. Im a small town gal I guess. Its easy to find a hotel with cruise parking or a cruise deal that includes breakfast and shuttles to the port. Besides, Mariner is going to California in 2009 so you dont have a lot longer to cruise on her.

Iv been to Port Everglades in January and next month back to Port Canaveral and just like the slower pace there. Im back in 2008, but doing Disney. Im a equal opportunity cruiser, I like all the cruiselines, even Princess. There is tons of information on hotels and such down on the East Coast Port Thread.

I took that into consideration that the Mariner is going to the West Coast in 2009. Like you I like Port Canaveral. It would be much easier if it was out of Tampa though. :) We were looking at Freedom of the Seas. I put a hold on that cruise and 2 hours later my hold was gone and the price went up!!! :mad: I guess that's what I get for waiting.

Enjoy your Disney cruise!!! We loved ours.

She is not going to a grave yard in California to die, she is just sailing out of California. :D Just cause she is coming here does not mean the OP can not sail her ever again. :D ;)

Please don't take the Mariner away. :) I've never been to California. Here's my excuse to get out there now.

Please don't take the Mariner away. :) I've never been to California. Here's my excuse to get out there now.

yup, I guess you will just have to come visit us. We're not so bad. Most of us are nice and would love for you east coasters to come cruise with us. I feel for you on the whole losing mariner thing. I know she is special to you. But I sure am glad she is coming here. We needed a good ship in los angeles. But the prices sure were better in port cavaveral. I could get an owners suite out of PC for what I paid for a GS out of los angels. Anyway, maybe someday webwill see you out here.

(disclaimer: sorry if there are a lot of typos. Typing this on my phone and its hard. Now that is true dedication to CC)

lmao.....well to me its the graveyard of never more. :rolleyes: That's why I tell folks to do Mariner now before she goes off to the land of never more as Edgar Allen Poe says in his story. croaks "nevermore" again.

....there will be more ships Im telling myself just as good as Mariner.

(just teasing)

Archived