Warning-9th deck hump cabins

Booked 3 hump cabins in a row on 9th deck, Mariner of Seas. Did not sleep one single night as we were under the Royal Suite and they played thier Piano all night, moved around deck furniture all night, screaming and yelling. Reported this to guest relations on day 2 and they said they would check into it. reported again on day 4, no one seemed to care, i called down several times but no one cared. Our vacation was ruined due to none of us getting any sleep. I like to enkoy myself also but eberynight at 3 and 4 AM was getting old. I had 3 children with me . I have requested to be contacted and still no one, they don;t care I guess because they already have my money and the trip is over and was ruined. Just a fair warning about these rooms, make sure to check and see who is over your head before you book.

..... And noisy inconsiderate people frequently book cabins other than the Royal Family Suite. I am a night owl and tiptoe when I get back to the cabin after 1 AM but others..................

The OP drew a terrible hand here, those hump triplets are not cheap. Just like the Barcelona guy with the luggage issue who claimed 9 prior cruises and was surprised by chair hogs, 9 my a--. Not putting that in his thread.

Booked 3 hump cabins in a row on 9th deck, Mariner of Seas. Did not sleep one single night as we were under the Royal Suite and they played thier Piano all night, moved around deck furniture all night, screaming and yelling. Reported this to guest relations on day 2 and they said they would check into it. reported again on day 4, no one seemed to care, i called down several times but no one cared. Our vacation was ruined due to none of us getting any sleep. I like to enkoy myself also but eberynight at 3 and 4 AM was getting old. I had 3 children with me . I have requested to be contacted and still no one, they don;t care I guess because they already have my money and the trip is over and was ruined. Just a fair warning about these rooms, make sure to check and see who is over your head before you book.

I'm sorry you had that experience. We stayed on the hump on deck 9 for our last two cruises (93XX last year and 96XX this year) and had no problems with noise at all. I think you ran into some bad luck with the folks above you.:(

We are in 9318 on the Mariner in November.......hope the folks above us are considerate! :o I just looked at the deck plans and see that the Royal Suite is on the other side of the ship......

Sorry you had to deal with noise from above - that would have made me mad too!

We had the same problem on Mariner. We were in JS under the RS and they played that piano until 2am just about every night. Never heard anything from them except that darn piano.

We have stayed in hump cabins under RS on the Radiance class ships three times and never had that problem until Mariner. I will bring earplugs next time. We had a great time anyway.

Yes, this problem can happen regardless of cabin location. I'm a night owl and often leave the TV on all night. But I keep it low so as not to disturb my neighbors. At least I hope I don't disturb them!

What I hear OP saying has as much to do with the way Guest Relations acted as the noise from the Royal Suite. To my mind Guest Relations should have handled the problem. Isn't that one of their responsibilities?

It strikes me as bizarre when Royal Suite guests have the urge to play the piano at all hours of the night. These folks probably have a piano in their living rooms at home and never lift the cover off the keys :rolleyes:

Sorry to hear of your experience. I understand your frustration because about 5 years ago fiance & I were on Star Princess in an oceanview room. We paid a significant amount to upgrade to a midships balcony visualizing all the magical moments eating breakfast, watching the ocean & slipping into ports we would enjoy on that balcony. We are both non smokers. 10 minutes after we arrived in the room we went pout on the balcony to discover that the neighbors on both sides were smokers & were friends who liked to stay out side smoking & chatting across our balcony. Not only couldn't we go outside & enjoy our balcony, we couldn't even keep the balcony door open because smoke would drift in. Our use of the balcony was ruined. It was a full ship & we couldn't move. The Princess smoking policy allowed for their behavior and our complaint to Princess fell on deaf ears. So, I can share your pain. How do you prescreen your neighboring cabins when booking the cruise & cabin?

Polodad....I had the same problem. No RCCL solution that they can do anything about either. We did talk to our nieghbors and they were kind enough to slow their smoking a bit... We kind of shared time out there.

Now that there are stricter rules about smoking on the ships, balconies will have even more smokers. :(

I am actually considering giving up my prized cabin selection and moving to the very front of the ship where I wouldn't be downwind of any other balcony.

OP - did you ever consider just going up and knocking on their door? :rolleyes:

I was thinking the same thing - you could just pick up the phone and say something nice like "I'm sure you're not aware, but the children attempting to sleep in the cabins below you . . . ."

Uh-oh, I just looked at the deck plans for our Serenade cruise and we're under the Royal Suite! At the very end of it, but under it. And I had just moved to this stateroom from across the ship last week!!! I'm just going to keep my fingers crossed that the people in there are more considerate. And I am not adverse to going up and knocking on the door and asking them to keep it down, if it's after 1 am.

Hi Bryan & Lisa,

Sorry you guys had that problem, we were on the same cruise. I was also on the hump, cabin 8620. We had a little problem with the kids that were down the hall more aft. Late at night they would be running down the hall and making noise. I finally got up and put my robe on and told them to go somewhere else to make noise, and when it is time to get to their, cabin to do so quietly. Most of the time they made an effort to do so.

As far as money, I had to pay 14,000.00 for the 1 balcony and 2 Junior suites, I believe I paid much more than the Royal Suite. The fact was that Guest relations did not care at any given time, My husband did go to the room and knock on the door twice and no one would answer. We even heard them say one night, " a wowmans voice said to try to hold it down and the man said _ _ _ _ those people below us". It was ridiculous, This was my whole family's first cruise together as my sons and daughter had never been. This ruined it for all of us. I am upset about spending that kind of money and being treated this way by guest services. I have asked them to contact us but still no contact. I'm sure they don;t care. As far as room location I will never book under a Royal suite again, due to the Piano. I do not think tthey should have a piano on the boat, this is crazy, they should know drunks and idiots will play it at all hours of the night.

As far as money, I had to pay 14,000.00 for the 1 balcony and 2 Junior suites, I believe I paid much more than the Royal Suite. The fact was that Guest relations did not care at any given time, My husband did go to the room and knock on the door twice and no one would answer. We even heard them say one night, " a wowmans voice said to try to hold it down and the man said _ _ _ _ those people below us". It was ridiculous, This was my whole family's first cruise together as my sons and daughter had never been. This ruined it for all of us. I am upset about spending that kind of money and being treated this way by guest services. I have asked them to contact us but still no contact. I'm sure they don;t care. As far as room location I will never book under a Royal suite again, due to the Piano. I do not think tthey should have a piano on the boat, this is crazy, they should know drunks and idiots will play it at all hours of the night.

How did he know you were the people below him knocking on the door and not people from around him?

Maybe Guest Relations did try to talk to them for you. They may have told them you had cabins below and complained and would they please stop making all the noise. ;)

Archived