Two Queens and Sun Princess 24th February

cheznandy

We decided that we would train it into the city as parking in there is nothing short of c**p at the best of times let alone when there's a special event. When we train it we normally drive to Warwick Farm station (second closest to us) as Liverpool doesn't have a car park. I've just been on the city rail website checking out times and lo & behold........THEY'RE DOING TRACKWORK:mad: . No trains between Liverpool & Granville or Liverpool & Lidcombe. Sure, they have buses to replace but these don't run to a timetable. Will break the news to Jim when he gets home and decide what to do. May have to drive to Granville (but will have to check out parking first). 3 major events in the city this weekend & they're doing trackwork:eek: .

Karen

We decided that we would train it into the city as parking in there is nothing short of c**p at the best of times let alone when there's a special event. When we train it we normally drive to Warwick Farm station (second closest to us) as Liverpool doesn't have a car park. I've just been on the city rail website checking out times and lo & behold........THEY'RE DOING TRACKWORK:mad: . No trains between Liverpool & Granville or Liverpool & Lidcombe. Sure, they have buses to replace but these don't run to a timetable. Will break the news to Jim when he gets home and decide what to do. May have to drive to Granville (but will have to check out parking first). 3 major events in the city this weekend & they're doing trackwork:eek: .

Karen

Damn Karen, should have booked that room..........;) :p :)

Chez

xx

Damn Karen, should have booked that room..........;) :p :)

Chez

xx

I know!! But it would have been for Saturday night & it's getting home that's the worry, not getting there.

Anyway, what are the drink prices like on the boat?

Karen

Geri and I only bought a couple of bottles of Champagne/sparling wine, about $20 each, actually I dont think we even finished the second one.....very unusual:rolleyes: but I think beers, spirits etc are similar to pub prices.

Chez

xx

we are still thinking of driving in although we can get a bus.Hubby wants to park at star city i think it is $15 all day. we are going to go early and have a lazy breakfast in darling harbour.

we also may need to leave earlier before the queens leave as aldo has a fair amount of work to catch up on. we will see anyway

shame about the trackwork karen.

must remember to bring the countdowns......

Just spoke with Alan from Rhythm boats, he is looking forward to seeing us on Sunday:eek: . He has 28 of us booked and paid for, he is going to seat us on 3 tables of 10.

In regards to drinks, bottles of wine from $20, by the glass $5, beers $5 and spirits $6 :D

Departure is at 11.45am, there is a ferry booked in a 11.40am, so when the ferry leaves we board, last time we were half boarded and had to move from the wharf as another boat was booked in, then go back and get others, so dont worry if you see the boat leaving without you:p :) it will come back!!

Ok, I will see you all on Sunday, and some of you on Saturday:) after picking up Ms Cloak and Mr Dagger from Newy airport.

Most of you have my mobile phone number, so if you are meeting somewhere before, just let us know,

Chez

xx

we are still thinking of driving in although we can get a bus.Hubby wants to park at star city i think it is $15 all day. we are going to go early and have a lazy breakfast in darling harbour.

we also may need to leave earlier before the queens leave as aldo has a fair amount of work to catch up on. we will see anyway

shame about the trackwork karen.

must remember to bring the countdowns......

I checked out Star City & it says $17 per 6 hours:confused: . I figured we'd probably be there longer than that and of course of we go over to Botanic Gardens (or the vicinity) we have to get back. I'm also worried that ferries etc maybe pretty packed . Not sure how long we're staying either. Would love to stay for the passing by Fort Dennison at 6.30 but can't really stay much longer as by the time we get on a train & get home could be after 9 and Jim gets up at 4 for work. He usually goes to bed at 8.30 although he's willing to stay up a bit later but it will mean going to bed as soon as we get home. Like you Karon, we'll just have to wait & see.

Karen

Bloody cityrail. You think they would know better. At least there is no trackwork on the Newcastle line for once. Imagine all the people piling on buses to the football etc.

We might just meet at boat on Sunday, but can organise that tomorrow night. Did anyone actually book Pancakes? I will check back tonight when I get home.

I've checked out a few places & most (with alcohol:p ) don't seem to open til 11.30. WHAT'S THAT ABOUT:eek: . Anyway, I'm going to plan on being at DH around 11-11.15 and have mobiles for a few of you so anyone who'll be there by then let me know.

Brushtail & Charlie Girl, what time are you getting there?

KAren

Karen, I put a message on above re the drinks prices, I called Alan to confirm numbers.

Karen and Karon, why dont you park near where we are staying at Kirribilli, they said there are no parking metres on Sundays;) and can park there all day, and get the ferry over with us, might be cheaper....,more $$$$ for drinks:p and get to see the ships and harbour from a different angle!!

The Darling harbour ferry leaves from Milsons point, which is a 10 minute walk from our accommodation. Just a thought:)

Chez

xx

Karen, I put a message on above re the drinks prices, I called Alan to confirm numbers.

Karen and Karon, why dont you park near where we are staying at Kirribilli, they said there are no parking metres on Sundays;) and can park there all day, and get the ferry over with us, might be cheaper....,more $$$$ for drinks:p and get to see the ships and harbour from a different angle!!

The Darling harbour ferry leaves from Milsons point, which is a 10 minute walk from our accommodation. Just a thought:)

Chez

xx

Yes, but what's it going to be like for parking on Sunday with such a huge event?? Are you willing to lay out on the road for us til we get there & park the car?:p :D

Karen

Yes, but what's it going to be like for parking on Sunday with such a huge event?? Are you willing to lay out on the road for us til we get there & park the car?:p :D

Karen

Sorry Karmac have already booked Chez' body to lay out on the road for me :D

We are aiming to get to Kirribilli before 10am. Which should give Hendo (my man) and I about 4 hrs of sleep after fininsing work at an ungodly hour. Maybe a combination of 'Duck tape' (which thanks to Geoff i have a good supply of) and toothpics will keep me awake, or my eyes open at least.

I've checked out a few places & most (with alcohol:p ) don't seem to open til 11.30. WHAT'S THAT ABOUT:eek: . Anyway, I'm going to plan on being at DH around 11-11.15 and have mobiles for a few of you so anyone who'll be there by then let me know.

KAren

Hi Karen we are catching 6.57 train from Fassifern Gets to Central 9.10

Then catch train to C /Quay Should be there about 9.40ish

So we plan to go earlier:eek: We'll have mobile .

We thought get the earlier train have look around Have few drinkies:p

So if any one wants to be there early we can meet up maybe

Cheers

Gail &Jim

There will be SPECIAL EVENT CLEARWAYS in the city on Saturday and Sunday. This most likely will have a spill over effect. I think you might have trouble getting any where near Star City let alone park there Karmac. I think your idea of driving to Granville might be more successful.

We've now decided to drive to Holsworthy. Only about 10 mins away but on the East Hills line....no hassle. However, apart from the events that's already been mentioned here, there is also Soundwave. My son is going to that & needs to go to St Peters (which is also on East Hills line) BUT trains only stop there on that line during peak hour. That means he's going to have to go to Central & then change & go back. What a pain.

Karen

what to do, what to do???

I am still thinking driving into the city around 9am might be ok, but am also thinking about maybe getting the bus in now, that way we are more flexible about getting home as we wont know where we will be later.

I am sure getting home will be the problem not getting there.

the bus ends at QVB so very close to Darling harbour.

KAren

Karen,

Can't go back to an earlier post, as my work PC freezes before I get there. There is a 24hr pub nearby (cant recall name) on Union St Pyrmont. We are at 4 seasons overnight, and will have a pretty easy morning of it on Sunday.

While things will be packed, I hope they are manageable. We will mostly be travelling at a different time to the cricket & soccer fans, and the city is not full of 9-5 workers.

Yes Jane,

I am amazed. Track work on Hunter & Central Coast lines finishes up in the early hours of Saturday morning. Trackwork seems endless there lately.

Pancakes. We have not booked there, and will take a pass on that one. I love pancakes, but not the ideal spot for DWs dietary needs. Figure I owe her a bang up meal on Saturday night, as it will be pot luck for her on Sunday.

Even tossing up leaving at 2am to see Vicky come in too. Will see how I feel tonight.

Chez & Jane have my mobile, and I will be on MSN briefly tonight for any others that want to exchange numbers.

Cheers

Geoff

Karen

Ummm - for us out of towners planning on getting the train in - does that affect trains from Parramatta into the City????

Ummm - for us out of towners planning on getting the train in - does that affect trains from Parramatta into the City????

Our line certainly doesn't effect you guys but I just checked out city rail site & there's no trackwork on that line.

Here's a link to the timetable for Sunday morning.

http://www.cityrail.nsw.gov.au/timetable/ttable.jsp?line=wt&day=we&dir=up&page=04

Karen

Archived