Two Queens and Sun Princess 24th February

cheznandy

Uncle Arthur, do you recognise my avatar? HINT: Probably the richest, ugliest woman in the world.

Yes, I must agree with you mochuck, Donatella Versace is not a pretty women. Would love to have her money but I think I prefer my face:)

Karen

For those interested, I found this schedule of events for the two queens for all ports of call in Australia. It says that Sydney and Brisbane won't be doing a fireworks display for the boats.

Melbourne will have fireworks for the QV on Thursday at 8.45pm as she sails for Sydney.

It gives best vantage points for seeing the ships and info on public transport.

http://www.queenmary2.com.au/html/schedule-of-events.cfm

Karen

Yes, I must agree with you mochuck, Donatella Versace is not a pretty women. Would love to have her money but I think I prefer my face:)

Karen

Isn't she one of the turtles?

I think she shares the same lip collagen surgeon as Ivanna though

For those interested, I found this schedule of events for the two queens for all ports of call in Australia. It says that Sydney and Brisbane won't be doing a fireworks display for the boats.

Melbourne will have fireworks for the QV on Thursday at 8.45pm as she sails for Sydney.

Karen

No better vantage spot than the Rhythm Boat though! :p

Got my industry insider info on the movements in Sydney harbour over thr weekend..

This is the latest - I'll post an update if anything changes -

Saturday 23 - 5.30 am Queen Victoria arrives at Circular Quay

Sunday 24 - 5.00am Queen Elizabeth 2 arrives at "ADI" (Garden Island).

Sunday 24 - 5.30am Sun Princess alongside at Darling Harbour.

Sunday 24 - 4.00pm Sun Princess leaves

Sunday 24 - 6.00pm QE2 moves to Overseas Passenger Terminal

Sunday 24 - 6.00pm Queen Victoria departs.

Monday 25 - 6.30pm QE2 leaves Sydney for the last time :(

Don't know exactly where ADI is, but it must be one of the berths around Garden Island.

Got my industry insider info on the movements in Sydney harbour over thr weekend..

This is the latest - I'll post an update if anything changes -

Don't know exactly where ADI is, but it must be one of the berths around Garden Island.

Thanks for the inside knowledge Martin.

You are correct - ADI (Australian Defence Industries) is one of the Garden Island Berths.

Karen

Karen

This part for Sunday evening sounds amazing Karen!

Approximately 6:30pm: Queen Victoria and Queen Elizabeth 2 will pass on either side of Fort Denison .

They will greet each other with a ‘Whistle Salute’ using their signaling horns that can be heard over 16 kilometres away. This Royal Rendezvous will be the first and last time these two Cunard Queens will meet in Australian waters.

Kiribilli sounds perfect Chez. :D

Can someone please tell me why I booked a 6pm bus home? I am not going to hear/sea the tooting. Waahh

Is this rhetorical? So you could get home before midnight? Can hear the screams from my place.

After the ghost tour, you may never want to see sunset in Sydney again :eek:

Will get some video for you. I found a bus that leaves a bit later! :D

I am soooooo glad I am leaving Monday morning!!!:D :D :D

If you leave at 6 on the bus, you may still hear the toot Jane!! It's good for 16 km!! Hope they pass early for you!!

I hear the weather should be fine for the weekend...(it was a scorcher today in Melbourne...I burnt my knees!!) Perfect for being on the water.

I hear the weather should be fine for the weekend...(it was a scorcher today in Melbourne...I burnt my knees!!) Perfect for being on the water.

Scorcher???? What's that? :eek: :eek: Oh, yeah, it's February. :confused:

Summer has been a no-show this year.

Scorcher???? What's that? :eek: :eek: Oh, yeah, it's February. :confused:

Summer has been a no-show this year.

I agree Jen We put in new Aircon only used few times

Even pool not used much but I have to say it was nice to have on

those hot days we did have:cool:

Gheers Gail

I agree Jen We put in new Aircon only used few times

Even pool not used much but I have to say it was nice to have on

those hot days we did have:cool:

Gheers Gail

As of yesterday, Newcastle is tracking for the coolest average maximum temperature for February on record

Looking forward to catching up with those I have met and those still to meet.

Only really really peeved off about A League Grand Final, have been told there is no way I can get out of work on Sunday night, we have 3000 'Marinaters' as well as the Mariners coming back to work for a meet and greet. Although did manage to get my 7pm start moved till 9pm. So looks like I will be on my best behaviour with no alcohol to be consumed :( Which for all concerned is probably a good thing!

With a bit of luck will be able to wave the 'girls' goodbye and hit the freeway in time to get home for work. Was debating what to wear, maybe if I wear my work uniform i can just go straight to work :eek:

John and I are going to go to Caloundra next Tuesday night to watch the Queen Victoria she should be up our way around 2100hrs after leaving Bne around 1800hrs ....she passes quite close so she should look magnificent... will wait for the nod from John to book....lol..shhhhh.....cheers shiona

Archived