Did You Receive Your Invitation?

olderpilot

Just received an e-mail invitation for a 3 day President's Cruise to Half Moon Cay. Looks like they are using the Westerdam to preview the new venues at HMC. Since that is the weekend of the Army-Navy game I'll be in Philadelphia.

Anyway, here's your chance to put your money where your mouth (or keyboard) is and bend Mr. Kruse's ear!

Dec 2-5.

I would have so loved to 'take him up on his offer' but, my luck that I have a doctor's appointment that I made 8 months ago. Seeing as I had to wait so long to get this appointment, I simply cannot cancel. I could be dead before I could get another appointment and see that doctor. (sarcasm .....don't mean it literally :( )

DARN IT....I would have loved to go.

We too got the email but I am with Vegas Jim to fly from the West Coast for only 3 days, the cost of air fare would be more than the cruise. Plus we will have just gotten home from the Ryndam by 2 weeks and we will be on the Westerdam in March. I did show my husband and made the comment about just getting off the Ryndam and he said "And so what is your point?" :p Meaning he would jump on another crusie in a minute. If we lived in Florida or if it was going out of San Diego I would do it in a minute.

We also received the invitation...However, will be on the "Westerdam" for its repo. trans-atlantic & should be able preview the changes on HMC, Nov. 28..Understand the Zuiderdam will be there at the same time...If it's too crowded will stay on the ship & enjoy the promenade deck... 3 day cruises do not excite us anymore..Enjoy the longer cruises best! Now lets hope we will not have any more major hurricanes...Watching "Frances" very closely (she's about 2,000 miles away). Happy Cruising..

We got ours and quickly figured out it would cost us almost as much to fly to Florida as the cruise would cost. Not doing that for a short cruise.

That's my problem too ... that and no more vacation time this year. :(

This is an ideal cruise opportunity, however, for people living within driving distance of the pier. It's just not worth it to pay airfare for what will amount to a mere two-day cruise.

Anyone planning on taking advantage of this?

Blue skies ...

--rita

Got the invite. Would LOVE to go, but I can't ... I've already got a wedding scheduled for that Saturday. :)

Oh, well ... I'll be on the Oosterdam 2 months later. I can wait that long from my Panama Canal trip. Still .. would have enjoyed seeing the Westerdam in December.

I'm really glad to see the group's answers on this thread!

"But sir, it's FREE!"

"So are toothpicks in restaurants, but I don't take those either."

lane

It's not FREE! Prices were quote on our invitation.

For Canadians

Inside From* Outside From* Verandah From* Verandah Suite From*

CAD$499 CAD$639 CAD$749 CAD$1,059

And then there's the cost of airfare from Canada - Too expensive for such a short cruise.

Hi!

Yes; we did receive our invitation, but as another Canadian said earlier, it would be VERY costly to fly from Canada for such a short cruise. Perhaps they could "sweeten" the deal for Canadians? LOL

Best regards and happy sailing,

Carol Ann

Not too long now before we sail on the beautiful Rotterdam on October 20!

I got the e-mail, too.

Spend two days flying to cruise for three? Nope.

Maybe if I lived in Florida. Maybe.

I will be interested in reading how the "improvements" go over with those who love the peace and quiet of Half Moon Cay, though.

Funny how this mass mailing went to so many people, but we don't get the same coverage for other promos.

Invitation extract - the bolding is mine.

"You’ll have a full day on our private paradise to explore the new activities and experience how smoothly they integrate into the peaceful and pristine nature of the island. The new additions include the WaveRunner™ park, Kids’ Aqua Park, Horseback Ride ’n Swim excursion and Stingray Cove."

Yeah, to me this does not bode well for HMC. Somehow, "peaceful and serene" and "Waverunner" are essentially opposites. I'll be very interested in the reviews of HMC after the "enhancements."

Well, it might be cool to jump on a big honkin' waverunner, jump over the swimming horses, into the Kid's Aqua Park, then tear over to scatter a few stingrays. Glad I got that drink coupon! :)

OK, OK. So maybe HAL will try to keep those of you who rent waverunners away from us good, decent people. :p

Funny how this mass mailing went to so many people, but we don't get the same coverage for other promos.

Ruth, I agree it seeems everyone got this email. This is the FIRST email I ever got from them about a promo. The other interesting thing was it was address to me not my DH whoses name is listed first on cruise documents:confused:

Interesting. Didn't receive the invite, but get lots of other promos from them. Anybody care to clue me in on the particulars? We will be in Orlando for a conference the week before. Might be able to talk DH into going just before the Xmas crazies. Thanks (in advance)

Linda

It's not FREE! Prices were quote on our invitation.

For Canadians

Inside From* Outside From* Verandah From* Verandah Suite From*

CAD$499 CAD$639 CAD$749 CAD$1,059

And then there's the cost of airfare from Canada - Too expensive for such a short cruise.

WHOA! Sorry about that!!! If that's an offer, what the dickens is an advertisement?

LKT

Yep got the invite, but we have a previous engagement. We will be in Fort Lauderdale and leaving for a HAL cruise on December 2nd also, on the Rotterdam.:cool: We will visit Half Moon Cay the day before and I am hoping the improvements will be in place by then! Not sure I will use them, but they should be interesting to see. I suspect they will be really spiffing up the place for that cruise and since we will be there the day before, perhaps it will be all shiny and new.:D :cool:

Localady....According to the e-mail, all of the HMC upgrades are supposed to be completed so you most likely will have the chance to see them all.

We will get to see them in January on our Veendam cruise.

Archived