Complaint of the Week #18

Philip217

Today we set a new complaint standard for the cruise industry. After reading over 2,000 comment cards, the following numbers came out:

97 Staterooms told us that they will never sail on my ship again because my staff did such a poor job of policing the policy of reserving sun chairs by the pool. In other words, we were not hard enough on the "chair hogs".

98 Staterooms told us that they will never sail on my ship again because my staff was too strict in policing the policy of reserving sun chairs by the pool. In other words, we were too hard on the "chair hogs".

97 votes for and 98 against.

George Bush was elected President with results like that.

What shall we do???

Tell the first 97 that they need to get up earlier! You snooze, you lose!

JK, of course. Thanks for these amusing posts. Even as we prepare for our first cruise in years, I can relate to these posts because I have spent my career in customer care.

A pessimist would say you can't win for losing. An optimist would say keep up the good work; enforcing rules in a fair and consistent manner is always the right thing to do.

More importantly, as everyone knows complainers are at least three times as likely to voice their complaint as opposed to complimenters. Therefore you likely pleased 300 to the 100 complainers.

I guess we have to demand a recount and get someone to decide whether is is a dangling chad, a dimpled chad, a garage door chad or is we've all just been CHAD!

we could appeal to the US Supreme Court right? Even though technically they do not have jurisdiction, I am sure they would be willing to write an opinion!

sorry........i have a really bad headache and the weird humor is starting!

I'm sick of all the whining, so I'm going to set up my own pool on a balcony. Not mine, of course, because I cannot afford one and besides, the chairs that i'm "borrowing" from the pool deck would crowd the space in my room.

So, whoever brings the beer (smuggled on board, obviously) and the grill can join me in your room & use my pool.

http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:tKwXFTXrS2TcNM:http://www.backyardcitypools.com/images/RIN/InflatablePool12Large.jpg

Today we set a new complaint standard for the cruise industry. After reading over 2,000 comment cards, the following numbers came out:

97 Staterooms told us that they will never sail on my ship again because my staff did such a poor job of policing the policy of reserving sun chairs by the pool. In other words, we were not hard enough on the "chair hogs".

98 Staterooms told us that they will never sail on my ship again because my staff was too strict in policing the policy of reserving sun chairs by the pool. In other words, we were too hard on the "chair hogs".

What shall we do???

You need to send emails to the 97 people who complained about being too soft on Chair hogs and tell them that 98 other passengers have quit the ship for good because you were too hard on the chair hogs and that there will now be at least a chair for everyone.

What shall we do???

Thank God that he can't run again!

I guess we have to demand a recount and get someone to decide whether is is a dangling chad, a dimpled chad, a garage door chad or is we've all just been CHAD!

sorry........i have a really bad headache and the weird humor is starting!

The last thing I want to see or hear about poolside is a hanging CHAD. :eek: :D

During our cruise on the Spirit 2007 jan, we were amazed to see one elderly couple place two towels at four different locations around the pool. As the sun moved so did they. The mans wife flitted from one bed to another, strategically placing books in opened positions and bottles of water as if just opened. I sat and watched this wonderful charade and realised that she'd have been better off running around the jogging track as she was not getting much r & r. However i realised had she have fallen over board it could of caused all manor of complications for the captain, like.

Have 8 people gone missing? To be fair this woman must have been quite intelligent as she was reading four books at once!

Me? I go to deck and look for a lounger ... if there isn't one free, I look for one that has just towel on it and nothing else, I just remove the towel and use it!

I notice a lot of people do NOT bother to take the towels with them to deposit in the Used Towels box when they leave the lounger.

The reason 97 people complained was because there were not enough chairs for them.

The reason 98 people had to "reserve" the chairs was because there were not enough chairs to go around.

The simple solution is to provide as many chairs as the demand requires, and no one will complain (apart from the cruise company's treasurer:D )

Archived