All things Monarch of the Seas

[quote name='PH8']Basically the same...........there was a change of cruise director(as of last Friday),so who know if that will make any difference[/quote]

I don't know about the Compass, but the change of cruise director has made a difference in other things. We were talking to one of the entertainment staff members and he told us that they had made some changes to various things and that Quest was quite a bit different because of the difference in directors. He said that anytime there is a new person the staff is very careful because no one "wants to be the one to cross the line" with the new director. The new guy didn't even attend Quest, the activities manager/director did it. He said that none of them had ever worked with this director so they were all playing things by ear and just following his instructions to a tee until they all got to know each other.

[quote name='CynLovesCrusing']I don't know about the Compass, but the change of cruise director has made a difference in other things. We were talking to one of the entertainment staff members and he told us that they had made some changes to various things and that Quest was quite a bit different because of the difference in directors. He said that anytime there is a new person the staff is very careful because no one "wants to be the one to cross the line" with the new director. The new guy didn't even attend Quest, the activities manager/director did it. He said that none of them had ever worked with this director so they were all playing things by ear and just following his instructions to a tee until they all got to know each other.[/quote]
Thats what I figured.,,,,,,,,,who's the new CD??

So Drew gone for good or will he be back by lets say the end of Oct. for my cruise? :o

Ok...I have not been on these threads for years, due the fact we bought a motorhome to travel in the "land yacht". However, a 16 year old in Michigan ended that when he smashed it up for us on the interstate. Now I am back to cruising (until I can buy or fix the next land yacht), and am very rusty on these threads.

I have booked an October 25th 4 night on the Monarch and am looking forward to re-discovering the "over water" vacation again.

We need the distraction for sure, and of course I am a RCCL fan.

Ok...I have not been on these threads for years, due the fact we bought a motorhome to travel in the "land yacht". However, a 16 year old in Michigan ended that when he smashed it up for us on the interstate. Now I am back to cruising (until I can buy or fix the next land yacht), and am very rusty on these threads.

I have booked an October 25th 4 night on the Monarch and am looking forward to re-discovering the "over water" vacation again.

We need the distraction for sure, and of course I am a RCCL fan.

hey--it has been a long time!:)

I'm on the Oct 25 cruise- come over to the Roll Call!!! http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1159044&page=13

PH8, why didn't you tell Drew I was going to be on the Monarch on the 25 of Oct. How dare he leave!!!! Doesn't he know who I am.:D Hope the new CD is good :o

Would appreciated any thoughts on the which deck OV cabins the Monarch of the Sea past cruiser prefer. Perhaps compare the standard OV 122 sq. ft. cabins on deck 6, 7 & 8.

Thanks ....

out of those you mentioned deck 8 is the best deal.........the ones marked are NOT obstructed.......and even the obstructed ones are not too bad...you still can see the sea and sun....

Deck 6 ,you can hear joggers going overhead early in the morning.........deck 7,you can see people walking right by your window.........

If you dont pick deck 8,good OV locations are deck 4 or 5.....super convenient.

2744539470042692775S600x600Q85.jpg

Would appreciated any thoughts on the which deck OV cabins the Monarch of the Sea past cruiser prefer. Perhaps compare the standard OV 122 sq. ft. cabins on deck 6, 7 & 8.

Thanks ....

We always liked to get one of the cabins on the starboard side up near Claude's. There is a door right there that is closed, but you can go through it and be right at Claude's. No foot traffic that far down the hall and no elevator noise. If you get the very last one, an employee stairway sepparates it from Claude's, so not sure if you would hear anything there. That is where we would be this time, but we are trying a JS. A little worried about noise from the pool deck, but will keep our fingers crossed.

I'm on the Oct 25 cruise- come over to the Roll Call!!! http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1159044&page=13

PH8, why didn't you tell Drew I was going to be on the Monarch on the 25 of Oct. How dare he leave!!!! Doesn't he know who I am.:D Hope the new CD is good :o

Thanks! :-)

I forgot about the roll call thing.

Archived