Least expensive cruise EVER ?

susycruise

I would love to know about the best price you've ever paid for a cruise and how you found it. Please include your airfare if you are like me and live nowhere near a port. The reason I ask is I see so many CC members who have taken DOZENS of cruises - I would love to be in your shoes!! :) :confused:

So far the cheapest for us we paid $469.76 per-person for an ocean view-4 day cruise. We did one around that price back in 2003 also.

We don't have kids and work for our selves. So we can take a cruise when we feel we are ready for one. So we normally take cruises when the prices are low. Plus we do live in Fl. so we can drive any of the 5 ports.

I paid $600 for my 8 night Eastern Caribbean cruise in February. It was in an inside stateroom, but this included my airfare from Little Rock, a precruise hotel, and transportation to and from the port, plus a few excursions. To top that off, on the way home the flights were overbooked and I took a bump. By the time I got home the next day (after taking multiple bumps), I'd received over a $1,000 in cash vouchers from the airline.

I paid $600 for my 8 night Eastern Caribbean cruise in February. It was in an inside stateroom, but this included my airfare from Little Rock, a precruise hotel, and transportation to and from the port, plus a few excursions. To top that off, on the way home the flights were overbooked and I took a bump. By the time I got home the next day (after taking multiple bumps), I'd received over a $1,000 in cash vouchers from the airline.

Wow wrp96, you actually made money on this one, excellent work!!

Wow wrp96, you actually made money on this one, excellent work!!

Well, after the onboard alcohol and spa bill it wasn't quite that good but it was close.:p

To be honest here's how I did it:

I booked onboard so had an onboard credit from that.

I had another onboard credit for another reason.

My airfare was paid by vouchers for taking bumps on previous flights home from cruises.

For the hotel I managed to catch a rate error ($30 instead of $300) in the middle of the night one night and the hotel honored it. This happened to be for an oceanfront room on the beach in Ft. Lauderdale - during high season.

And the cruise fare itself, I caught 2 different residency rate sales that dropped the price of the cruise and an upgrade to a better inside room.

we just booked a 4 night cruise on Monarch of the seas out of San Pedro for $169 pp. Its an inside cabin, but I really dont think you can beat the price. We live in San Diego and can get to SP in less than 2 hours. So by far, this is the least expenive cruise we have ever booked.

I would love to know about the best price you've ever paid for a cruise and how you found it. Please include your airfare if you are like me and live nowhere near a port. The reason I ask is I see so many CC members who have taken DOZENS of cruises - I would love to be in your shoes!! :) :confused:

The Staten Island Ferry. One can cruise all day for free.

I think I will win this thread. I paid $450 pp for my family of four to get two 1A porthole cabins on the Victory. I used some of my CCL credit card points, got a great rate, also used a Hotwire coupon, plus I got $200 obc (CCL shareholder benefit).

What made this an outstanding price was that it was for a Christmas 2004 sailing. Nope, it wasn't for the end of September hurricane season or some other time when no one can cruise.Check out the prices for a xmas cruise this year and you'll see what I mean!Since then, I have done a new years cruise and another xmas cruise (on Princess), but you know what they say- your never forget your first xmas cruise.

This new years, I got inside rooms on the Princess Dawn for $550. Not as good, but it'll do...

We paid $369 plus taxes, maybe bringing it to $410.00 at most, per person, for an 8 day Carnival Spirit Cruise (inside guarantee upgraded to obstructed ov) in March of this year. We booked it only about two weeks before the cruise. Since it departed San Diego for the Mexican Riviera and we live in San Diego, we had no transportation cost. This was our best bargain.

There are fabulous bargains right now, if you check travelzoo.com for the rest of the fall, including beginning of Dec. We are maxed out for that time period, so we cannot take advantage of them, but I advise anyone who checks this posting to check it out.

$37 in port taxes to Bimini. No cruise fare, just pay port tax.

Not much there. Its a small island in the Bahamas that has a lovely beach, one bar and one restaurant. Great if you love beaches or snorkeling.

I think parking a day was 1/3 of the cost of the cruise at Port Everglades.

I paid $459 for a 5 day cruise on NCL Dawn (Los Angeles to Vancouver) in a mini-suite.

Haven't been close since then, $2600, $2700 and $2100, so that $459 pp sure was nice!

Promotional email from NCL. I get them from HAL, RCL, NCL and Celebrity all the time.

My parents paid for my 1st cruise for me as a gift.

My parents paid for my 1st Disney cruise, as they invited all of us (16 total) on a family cruise.

My mother and I split our balcony on the Mariner last year. I was bumped off a flight a few months earlier, so my mother and I flew free, my grandmother's air flight was $250 round trip from Birmingham to Orlando. Total it was around $2000(air, cruise and transfers from hotel to port and back) for the 3 of us on a 7 day E. Caribbean.

In 1975 I went on a Western Mediterranean cruise OV for two weeks including airfare from Toronto to Malaga for $649. I enjoyed the trip and learned so much about travelling in Europe. It also began my lifelong love affair with Italy.

Fran

Archived