Pacific Dawn webcam

Kiwi_cruiser

Now now Geoff. Don't forget that P&O Pacific Dawn was a Princess ship only a few weeks ago ;)

Does that mean that a month ago she was agreat ship but now she's had $40million spent on her she's no good:confused: :p ;) ?

Karen

Didn't the same thing happen to the Sun Princess when she arrived??:confused:

I'm not surprised at all.:rolleyes:

They must've got wind of the CCers who record the webcams and have frozen them to annoy us ;) Bloody P&O :p

I thought that too, but a new thought means I will give benefit of the doubt for now.

Try this for a theory, purely hypothetical.

100's, maybe 1000's of avid cruisers and fans log in to watch their ship. The dedicated staff at Carnival get peeved with their computer systems slowing to a halt, so they get an IT guy to find the cause. This guy finds the reason and mercilously pulls the plug. 5pm rolls around, and Ethyl after licking her last stamp for the day, figures it can be plugged in again.

OK, it doesn't allow for Sun Princess from the U.S. at 6:30 am, but it might be a possibility for today.

After typing all that, it looks like we won't get to see the journey to White Bay. While passing under the bridge, cam turned to Dawes Point to get a nice pic, then frozen again. :mad: I hope Sun Princess cam runs all the way to Wharf 8.

If you are watching Carnival, there are lots of enthusiastic customers of yours that want to see these cams running, especially when they are coming into port or have something interesting happening.

Not so cheery

Geoff

Does that mean that a month ago she was agreat ship but now she's had $40million spent on her she's no good:confused: :p ;) ?

Karen

No Karen,

I was just referring to Princess buying up the premium weather! :p

Cheers

Geoff

Hopefully Neil is catching the video :D I'm sure Geoff is capturing the Sun Princess, so with any luck we'll have some nice webcam viewing to come :D:D

Actually capturing both Jo.

Have tracked Pacific Dawn since leaving Sydney to drydock and back again. Was really peeved when it was frozen this arvo, so glad they turned back on for a bit!

Have also tracked Sun Princess from Portside.

Will see what I can put together over the next couple of days

I will not be specifically capturing Pacific Dawn from now, as I want to focus on Sun Princess lap of Oz. I am sure that Neil and others will be able to chronical PDs maiden cruise. Let me know if you cant, and I will keep 2 PCs capturing.

Cheers

Geoff

Thanks to Charmain for uploading them!

It's nice to see someone was using ShipWatcher :)

There's about 20 pics of PD approaching Sydney harbour in that set, well done :)

Hey!, Charmain was not the only one uploading shots to ShipWatcher I was as well :D ( I just did not have time to add my name to them :) )

My last post to this thread. P&O is probably good enough for me. I might find out one day, maybe I wont. For now I will settle for the ship that was newer and cheaper to book a cruise on. I don't really care whether it says P&O on the side or not.

I will try to put all the captured Regal Princess\Pacific Dawn trip to Singapore & back videos together for the weekend. No promises though, it may take longer.

A big thanks to the RP\PD crew that directed and zoomed the cruisecam to the harbour bridge a while ago to try to capture a moment. 3 or 4 frames had obscured images of Sun Princess entering under the bridge. The stills aren't flash, but the movement in the video will look ok.

2004087234453139126_rs.jpg

Cheers

Geoff

Archived