Pacific Dawn webcam

Kiwi_cruiser

Good evening everyone,

I was just looking at the pacific dawn cruise cam, and I think I spied land. Any idea wot I'm looking at?

Nev.

With her approx location and a chat with Neil, the Islands you saw were probably the Thursday Island group. She should be somewhere in the region of Townsville by now. She has not reported a position to the new call sign yet.

Cheers

Geoff

Bloody Ripper, Pacific Dawn is on her way home..in OZ waters, off Townsville. I can hear the VB's popping on the ship already (and the Jacobs Creek Pinot Chardonnay for the lassies)

I am excited..(sorry Big Kev)

Hope one of the morning TV shows has PD on camera come Tuesday.

Cheers..Les:cool:

Webcam is showing bright sunlight on the water off the port bow.

Definitely heading south down our coastline.

Dennis,

No visible marker from the webcam since Thursday Island and she has not yet reported a position. Based on her likely speed and the ETA in Sydney, she is likely to be off the Qld coast between Bundaberg and Hervey Bay at sunrise this morning.

Cheers

Geoff

I found Pacific Dawn's call sign - on the Sydney ports page that I check for work it has the specifc details of vessel movements, and I also discovered it lists the callsigns.

Dawn's is MZCE9

Would you give me the URL / Link for this info please?

I found Pacific Dawn's call sign - on the Sydney ports page that I check for work it has the specifc details of vessel movements, and I also discovered it lists the callsigns.

Dawn's is MZCE9

MZCE9 was an old call sign last used by Regal Princess in about 2000.

ZCBU4 has been used by Regal Princess until now.

I asked Carnival management what Pacific Dawn's new callsign would be and they said:

Dear Neil,

Thankyou for emailing Carnival Australia.

At this stage it is believed that the Pacific Dawn will be keeping the same call sign, however we have not been able to confirm this as yet.

If you have any further queries please contact our reservations department on 13 24 69 or your local travel agent.

Kind Regards

Information

P&O Cruises Australia

If I were a gambling man with an odd bookie, I'd be betting on ZCBU4 :)

MZCE9 was an old call sign last used by Regal Princess in about 2000.

ZCBU4 has been used by Regal Princess until now.

If I were a gambling man with an odd bookie, I'd be betting on ZCBU4 :)

Hi Neil,

sorry it's a work thing so I can't give out the URL for the site I look at, but it has Pacific Dawn registered in the UK, so maybe she will revert to her old Regal Princess UK registration...

I'm not going to bet on it though:D It could just be using old information.

The site also lists her 'change of name' date as 29/10/07.

I guess we'll have to wait until someone has been on it and seen what's painted on top of the tenders!:)

Hi Neil,

sorry it's a work thing so I can't give out the URL for the site I look at, but it has Pacific Dawn registered in the UK, so maybe she will revert to her old Regal Princess UK registration...

I'm not going to bet on it though:D It could just be using old information.

The site also lists her 'change of name' date as 29/10/07.

I guess we'll have to wait until someone has been on it and seen what's painted on top of the tenders!:)

Riffraf

That's an excellent idea! Perhaps we could give secret agent Chez a covert mission ;-)

Neil

Riffraf

That's an excellent idea! Perhaps we could give secret agent Chez a covert mission ;-)

Neil

Cool, I'm all for a secret mission;) ........now what do I have to do again:p do I go in disguise???

Geez, cruise director, sailaway organiser, photo taker, CC forum updater and now secret service........will I have time to go to the pub??

Chez

xx

Cool, I'm all for a secret mission;) ........now what do I have to do again:p do I go in disguise???

Chez

xx

Agent Chez,

Your mission should you chose to accept it is to covertly board the vessel, Pacific Dawn, get up nice and high, and look down into the lifeboats. Therein you should find a 5 digit code, probably "ZCBU4" or "MZCE9", but it could be any other 5 digit code. It should be painted in white on top of the lifeboat.

If you manage to infiltrate the operations centre, also known as "The Bridge" you will also see this same code either on a plaque on the wall, or next to any radio equipment.

As a last resort, you may interrogate the commanding officer, also known as "The Captain" or "The Designated Driver". But on no account should you use torture, although female charm is acceptable. Also, simply asking the question "hey, what's the callsign of this ship" might work.

You may optionally wear trench coat, dark glasses and hat, although these guises have had little effect in the past.

This message (or your computer) will self destruct in 5 seconds.

BANG

Agent Chez,

Your mission should you chose to accept it is to covertly board the vessel, Pacific Dawn, get up nice and high, and look down into the lifeboats. Therein you should find a 5 digit code, probably "ZCBU4" or "MZCE9", but it could be any other 5 digit code. It should be painted in white on top of the lifeboat.

If you manage to infiltrate the operations centre, also known as "The Bridge" you will also see this same code either on a plaque on the wall, or next to any radio equipment.

As a last resort, you may interrogate the commanding officer, also known as "The Captain" or "The Designated Driver". But on no account should you use torture, although female charm is acceptable. Also, simply asking the question "hey, what's the callsign of this ship" might work.

You may optionally wear trench coat, dark glasses and hat, although these guises have had little effect in the past.

BANG

Ok mission accepted. Do I keep my mission a "secret" from all other CCer's with me on the tour??

I will give the trench coat a miss as I may be mistaken for a dirty pervert, but I will wear a very low cut top;)

If all else fails I will take the last resort and just ask:p

My alias is a CCer, shhhhh, I will pretend I am on the tour to have a look around the Pacific Dawn, pretending like I am interested and taking lots of pics, no one will ever know

Do I get a special hidden camera?

Chez

xx

Agent Chez,

BANG

If anything goes wrong, we don’t know who you are Agent Chez, :p

Ok mission accepted. Do I keep my mission a "secret" from all other CCer's with me on the tour??

I will give the trench coat a miss as I may be mistaken for a dirty pervert, but I will wear a very low cut top;)

If all else fails I will take the last resort and just ask:p

My alias is a CCer, shhhhh, I will pretend I am on the tour to have a look around the Pacific Dawn, pretending like I am interested and taking lots of pics, no one will ever know

Do I get a special hidden camera?

Chez

xx

Mission control have had budget cuts

If required, agents must use their own equipment, including cameraphones. Shoe-phones are no longer available - too many of them ended up walking out the door.

Bonus points if you get a picture with the designated driver, though :)

Mission control have had budget cuts

If required, agents must use their own equipment, including cameraphones. Shoe-phones are no longer available - too many of them ended up walking out the door.

Bonus points if you get a picture with the designated driver, though :)

No worries, since Agent 99 and 86 are taken, may I be Agent 69??

Kind of suits my profile:p

Chez

xx

Agent Chez,

BANG

Love it Neil :D:D

But can you trust Chez to wear a trench coat and NOT flash the spunky PD staff? :p

Geez, cruise director, sailaway organiser, photo taker, CC forum updater and now secret service........will I have time to go to the pub??

Chez

xx

You guys are a hoot:D You just made my day when I read this you all just

carry it on so well You made me laugh out loud Chez:p

And don't worry agent Chez My mission will be to make sure you make it to the pub :D

Cheers guys and thanks again

luv youse hahahaha

xxx

Agent Chez,

BANG

Just wondering......... SHOULD I BE WORRIED!

Agent Chez,

BANG

Too funny you lot! :D

You do know that Kaos monitor (spy) these boards. Careful Kaos agent Sherry does not foil your plans.

Cheers

Agent 22

(two little ducks)

hello there,

in my experience when a ship gets sold(unless she stays on the Australian register or coast )then the call sign will change,also depends on were she is going to be registered?i guess we will find out on Thursday when we do the walk-around,i be taking photos from a model makers point of view also as me and my wife might talk a cruise in the next 2 years.cheers matt:D

Archived