Copenhagen Taxi or Limo

2Scots

Hi - I will be arriving into the Copenhagen airport early morning in June 2008. We have the Marriott booked (through Priceline) and need transportation from the airport to the Marriott.

We don't want to take the train due to having our 81 year old Mother with us.

do you recomment a taxi or is there a Limo service that could meet us at the luggage area that we could pre-book on line?

Any suggestions?

Thanks

2Scots

We also are taking a taxi to Copenhagen Marriott. Do you recommend we change to local currency at the airport before taking the taxi, or change money before leaving for Copenhagen?

What is the cost, approximately of a taxi to the hotel? Thanks

Two good questions:

1. Take taxis or not from the airport (Kastrup) in to town?

You have two options. If you have lots of suitcases, then take a taxi. It will cost you around USD 50. (Maybe more, I didn't check the exchange rate and the USD is dropping daily.) OR if you can pull your suitcases yourself, then take the train. There is a station under the airport, and the rains are very frequent (every 10 minutes or so) to Copenhagen Central Station, from which you can then take a taxi. You will save, probably $20 or $30, depending on how many you are in your group. Obviously you pay per person for the train, and 4 can fit in one taxi!

2. Get local currency - in this case, the Danish Krone - they don't use the Euro. I would do this at Copenhagen airport either from an exchange desk OR a cash machine. If you can find the latter, the rate will be better. It should be much better than the rate you will get in the USA. Don't expect the Danish taxi drivers - or anyone else for that matter - to take US dollars. You can change either cash or travellers cheques at the airport. Go for the ATM if you can find one!

Bon voyage!

The Taxi's take credit cards. Very easy from the airport to hotels. Just followed sign to outside where taxi's were in a line and people to get in them were in another line. Someone was there to keep things orderly. I believe tip is included. Tip more if you expect taxi driver to handle a lot of luggage. Two of us plus 2 large suitcases,2 larger carry on size and small carry on just fit in taxi. Front seat was empty so someone could sit up there but more luggage would be a problem. Hope that helps.

I would stay with the taxi vs. the train. We know a couple who took the train and as they were carrying their luggage in the Copenhagen Train Station the man had his wallet pickpocketed.

The taxis are fine.

I would get some local money at the airport when you arrive. The taxis were plentiful and it is not a very long drive into town.

We had a wonderful time in Copenhagen. A very nice city.

Keith

I did exactly what you want to do this past Sept.- Star Princess 9/07 roll call.

Airport to Marriott...taxis line outside the baggage claim area. Easy to get a taxi. They took the credit card.

There were usually 2-3 taxis lined up in front of Marriott to take to town or to the port.

Checking out of Marriott to go to ship (do it earlier or later than the ship's or hotel's shuttle service meets...you will see a sign in the lobby near the front desk about the shuttles).

We took a taxi to the ship and got dropped off right by the entry to check in. They have chairs for you to sit in while you wait for check in. It took us about 15mins. to get up to checkin once we arrived.

CAUTION: When disembarking the taxi line up was frightening. This is where you need to prebook a limo/taxi so you do not have to get in that line up. We ended up grabbing our luggage and dragging it down the road quite aways thinking we'd take the train into town, but eventually a taxi picked us up. Pre arrange a ride on your return.

Quote from dog: Transportation

CPH to Marriott 2pm - 194 DKK ...we had 4 med. suitcases and 2 carryons and 2 people...fit all in regular mercedes taxi with 1 case in front seat. Taxis are metered in Copenhagen and usually start off with a fee. 15-20min.ride.

If you have someone order up a taxi for you the starting fee is higher than just standing in the taxi line to get one.

There were plenty of taxis at the CPH outside the arrivals door.

Marriott to ship was about 140 to 150 DKK.

Pre arrange transportation for ship to hotel or airport, as it was a very long wait for taxi line....." end quote

There is another thread on page 2 that I started that answers alot of questions.

Archived