pacific dawn scale model 1/200

nzmatt

hi there,

i am building scratch built model of pacific dawn,was going to post photos but will have to wait till later,the bloody battery went dead on me:eek:dont you hate that.when i post the photos i will explain how i am building the model,

cheers matt

hi again,

just had enough battery after a speed charge,the model was only started today,had a day of work,i have put the bulkheads on and cut out deck 7 and deck 10 and more bulkheads,all glued together,hopefully i will finish this model,i got the builders plans about 7 years ago from princess cruises when i did a model at that time but that didnt work out,so here is another go at it,let me know your comments,

cheers matt

PB220148.jpg.f2bbb3cb816cd3254e05aca545e586fb.jpg

PB220149.jpg.fb6abd01e7333b18700717e39b58df2c.jpg

PB220150.jpg.4078a71888c88e3852830582cf5c9056.jpg

PB220151.jpg.320a578be0b43b4bd9763a8c5b3f2dbf.jpg

two more photos of the builders plan,also i have big ga plans,5 foot in scale 1/200, and others at scale 1/100 which are 12 feet.princess cruises sent me some in big scale and some in small scale not sure why???anyway let me know what you guys think,

cheers matt

PB220152.jpg.70a64a3f4e36372290e0800f3d05b597.jpg

PB220153.jpg.31649058f35fe937af459fe5520f18ce.jpg

My goodness matt. That looks like a labour of love.

I hope the tour of the dawn added to your interest in making this.

What a talent you have, i think you are young as well (sorry if i am wrong)so this is an amazing feat.

what other ships have you done? why the interest in building ships?

look forward to seeing more as you build your "dawn"

thanks for the comments,yes the dawn tour help in doing this,also i use to see her as the regal princess in lyttelton,year 2000 from my home when i was there,been in sydney for 4 years,i am 30 years old:eek:old man hehehe,i have done a container ship and a Australian navy ship,but the wife wants to see a model finished!!!!!i have done 3 in nz but no good there,will keep everyone posted on progress,cheers matt

hi again,

just had enough battery after a speed charge,the model was only started today,had a day of work,i have put the bulkheads on and cut out deck 7 and deck 10 and more bulkheads,all glued together,hopefully i will finish this model,i got the builders plans about 7 years ago from princess cruises when i did a model at that time but that didnt work out,so here is another go at it,let me know your comments,

cheers matt

Great stuff Matt,

I used to get paid for doing this stuff, except it was with industrial plants as a subject. Some things I didn't want to finish, but my boss made me!

Looks like more fun when it is a labour of love.

Keep posting pics as you go

Cheers

Geoff

lol xmas party i will most likely be working, i work days and weekend nights at a cafe 3 more weeks then back home to nz for 7 days yipee:D,so the xmas party most likely out.no not taking orders but who knows,cheers matt

hello there,

a new update will post photos,tomorrow,just to say i have lots of sanding the hull,have filler drying over the hull,and working out the aft end of the stern openings,have a good nite,

cheers matt

hi everyone,

sorry about no photos i have been busy at work and going to nz to see mum next week so i will get some on thursday,i have sanded the hull back to smooth and put the bilge keels on and now doing the stern and bow thrusters,anyway photos that i will post will show that tomorrow have a good nite

cheers matt

lol small world,i wont be on from the 17th of dec to 26th of back home to nz to see mum,i get back xmas day,i found time to take 3 photos,taken only 10 mins ago,just finished the stern thrusters and bow ones,cheers matt

PC120173.jpg.f459a977a3a4226eece8c153103cab2a.jpg

PC120176.jpg.1e137064d3ec0d2a54cd99c5cc912b10.jpg

PC120177.jpg.7d68def3b7802601a31076190dd09ad0.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Archived