pacific dawn scale model 1/200

nzmatt

hi there,slow as i had trouble with the pool deck but he open balcony's are giving me trouble.but i have got back to work with the model,when i was thinking how to fix the model.i built a American ddg warship.but still here and will finished it.

regards matt

Hey Matt, good to see you're still around. Looking forward to seeing the finished product:)

hi,

no i went to sea a while ago and i had friends work for a shipping company ,which was sold in 1997,so when the ship left they gave me a spare counterpane it has a small rip but other wise its ok,its on the spare bed,

cheers matt

you wouldnt happen to be in the military would you matt, i ask this as the bedding in the pic is standard navy issue and i made one each day for about 9 years, have not seen one in a while though:D

I was going to ask the same question there. Once you've seen one of THOSE bedspreads and made them a countless number of times, it is a memory firmly etched in your mind. I've been out nearly 11 years and it still brings back memories lol :D

The model is looking fantastic as well Matt. I'm sure my Dad would be envious of you. He loves building ships and has built quite a few in the past.

Sarah

well i have booked a 3 day cruise in july on the p/d.we have a cabin on baja deck and we think it is b146..next to the lifts and stairs.i am building the model now going to sail on the ship,my wife booked it though ozcrusing.sister in laws coming and a freind.cant wait.

cheers matt

• 2 weeks later...

PA020201.jpg

PA020202.jpg

PA020195.jpg

here are some new photo with the aft area of the ship funnel and decks,i have attempted the dome,as you see itt as putty at this time,i only just finished that tonight,hope it looks ok will sand back on the weekend.

regards matt

He's donating it to me:D

lol:Di don't know what to do when it is finished,i doubt p&o would want to buy it,you will never get one like it again,who knows,but i want it to go to a good home one day..

regards matt

i could but i went there last week and i don't want it in storage,i would rather people can see it.or if i could get it on the ship itself?they could put it in a case and screw it down to the deck or display case,we dont want it to break with rough seas.

cheers matt

Archived