pacific dawn scale model 1/200

nzmatt

hi again,

well some of you may be wondering were i was???still here busy with work and things,well a update i had to put the dawn model in drydock repair.

the balcony's were rubbish so after thinking about that for months,while working the pacific jewel model..tonight on the p/d model i took all the balcony's out that i did and going to start fresh...a better way to build those...and p/j is getting there fixed some ideas that the p/d model had small problems.

i will post some images over the weekend as the models stand now and then i will give myself 2 months to finish it.

cheers matt

hi again,

well some of you may be wondering were i was???still here busy with work and things,well a update i had to put the dawn model in drydock repair.

the balcony's were rubbish so after thinking about that for months,while working the pacific jewel model..tonight on the p/d model i took all the balcony's out that i did and going to start fresh...a better way to build those...and p/j is getting there fixed some ideas that the p/d model had small problems.

i will post some images over the weekend as the models stand now and then i will give myself 2 months to finish it.

cheers matt

Geez, Matt, that's a lot of work. It looked pretty good to me.

Anyway, hope you get it all sorted soon. Can't wait to see the finished product :)

Geez, Matt, that's a lot of work. It looked pretty good to me.

Anyway, hope you get it all sorted soon. Can't wait to see the finished product :)

thanks,

yes a bit of work but i want it to be right...

cheers matt

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

hello,

i am still here have not done much on the models,no the jewel is in the shed,the dawn model is here on the model room,i was waiting to see what p&o have done and they have made changes to the dawn,the lower hull now is all blue instead of red and the blue line,and the bluish deck colour on deck 14 and 15 now is green like the jewel,i will update that now that they have done that,otherwise all is good.

cheers matt

thanks,

made from balsa frames and hull with balsa,but i found a big problem i had to rip all the balcony's:eek: out!!!!!!!i noticed that the plastic had came off i don't know why maybe the weather but maybe my glue could have been old?????so its in the dry dock for it now!!!!!i will let you know what happens.

cheers matt

Hi Matt,

Wonderful models; we sailed on Regal Princess before she became part of the P&O fleet so I have a "soft spot" for this ship on particular. I also dabble in radio control model boats, but nothing as complex as your efforts - I haven't read the entire thread so maybe I should already know the answer to this question, but are these models purely for static display or have you considered fitting them with motors/radio control and sailing them?

Slightly off topic, but I also collect ship models and I always buy a model of every ship that I have cruised on. Unfortunately some of these models are not accurate replicas and I was recently told about an English company called Skytrex/Mercator who produce highly detailed 1/1200 scale waterline models of most of the famous ocean liners as well as many of the current crop of cruise liners.

Do you have any knowledge of these models and if there might be a local (Australian) distributor?

Any information would be greatly appreciated - thanks.

Garry

have you

hi garry,

thanks,no i don't do r/c models i don't know how to do it,it seems easy though?

i don't know about the Skytrex/Mercator here in Australia?

how many ships have you travelled on?yes i liked the regal princess to,i see that your going on a grand class ship for your next cruise,i have built a model of the grand class that is a huge job i can tell you that?

have a good night.

matt

hi garry,

thanks,no i don't do r/c models i don't know how to do it,it seems easy though?

i don't know about the Skytrex/Mercator here in Australia?

how many ships have you travelled on?yes i liked the regal princess to,i see that your going on a grand class ship for your next cruise,i have built a model of the grand class that is a huge job i can tell you that?

have a good night.

matt

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the response, I'll have to keep searching for sources of the Skytrex/Mercator models.

I have cruised on the original TSMV Kanimbla (coastal passenger ship) Star Aquarius, Star Virgo, Norwegian Dream, Norwegian Wind, Norwegian Jade, Rhapsody of the Seas, MSC Magnifica, Regal Princess, Dawn Princess, Diamond Princess (twice, with another cruise booked) and the Pacific Sun booked for August.

You said that you had done a "Grand" class ship - which ship did you model?

I would love to see the pictures as we love the Diamond:D

Garry

G'day Garry, Mate you forgot the Captain Cook Endeavor we still remember the couple of days on the Harbour when QM2 & QE2 arrived in Sydney

Kind regards Bob & Boz

G'day Garry, Mate you forgot the Captain Cook Endeavor we still remember the couple of days on the Harbour when QM2 & QE2 arrived in Sydney

Kind regards Bob & Boz

Hi Bob, they say that the memory is the first thing to go - how's Boz?

That was a great little trip and I see that you are still cruising regularly. Esther and I still remember you and Robyn and Liz in fact we have lunch with Robyn periodically in Melbourne when she is down on business:p:p:p.

Garry & Esther

• 2 months later...

hi again,

i am still here,the p/d model thats gone now the the model wreckers.....the dam thing dropped as the shelf snapped.....i used most of it on the p/j model.and the star princess model is coming alone good...and i am doing the sun princess now which is just frames and deck 7 so far...so i will have the p/j and star princess and sun princess what a good mix...hope this time all will be good no breakages just working on the windows for the jewel i will get photos by the weekend on that one.and on the sun.

matt....

hi there,

new photos of the p/j model much better then my p/d model was!!and 3 new photos of the sun princess model and one of the star princess to thats a big job!!!

matt

topview-3.jpg

topview2-1.jpg

forward.jpg

sun princess

sun1.jpg

sun3.jpg

sun2.jpg

• 5 months later...

Archived