pacific dawn scale model 1/200

nzmatt

Hi NZMatt, have been following the progress with interest. Spent a few years in design with Adelaide Ship Construction in early 70's. Was intrigued by the Owners model which was presented each time on handover - never saw the construction as was done off site by contractors. You have given a new dimension to the end product. At least you should not have to sweet talk wife to knock down wall to get it out as a sail nut friend did with his 35ft real yacht built in his family room in our street. Need a very understanding wife to get away with that. Should have no problem selling the model I would have thought - Travel agent, transport museum (powerhouse etc) tourism NSW or wherever she sails:). Dont think I could bear to part with it though if it were mine. Regards G&H

hi matt

been watching your progress for a while now and the end result i sure will look fantastic.

but i have a question where did you get the ships plans as i would like a copy, the internal layout of the ship interest me as im in the ship repair buisness (navy) / is there any chance you could e-mail me a copy ?

thanks in advance

mic

maker10 at optus net dot com dot au

hi matt

been watching your progress for a while now and the end result i sure will look fantastic.

but i have a question where did you get the ships plans as i would like a copy, the internal layout of the ship interest me as im in the ship repair buisness (navy) / is there any chance you could e-mail me a copy ?

thanks in advance

mic

maker10 at optus net dot com dot au

hi no i got these from princess direct back in 2000 5 sheets are scale 1/100 the other 10 are 1/200.8 feet long for small ones and 25 feet for big plans. but there is a model plan company in Italy sells these at scale 1/250 which are good and also have sun princess plans to.just send these ppl a email.as the plans i have are a0 size and ao size twice.

cheers matt

http://translate.google.com.au/translate?hl=en&sl=it&u=http://www.anb-online.org/articolo.php%3Fsez%3D21%26sz%3D853%26nm%3Dcrown_princess_e_regal_princess&sa=X&oi=translate&resnum=3&ct=result&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dassociazione%2Bnavi%2Bmodels%2Bcrown%2Bprincess%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26channel%3Ds%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26hs%3D0NJ%26sa%3DX

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

hi folks,

got my lifeboats today that my friend in nz made all good,but the model well the paint work went yellow white so i sanded it back and with a expensive brush fix that,and the prom deck 7 and 8 windows looked crap so i ripped them of and going to put new ones in,even if the lifeboats block them i still want it to look good,will post a photo when lifeboats are in and deck 7-8 done,otherwise all ok.

cheers matt

hi folks,

got my lifeboats today that my friend in nz made all good,but the model well the paint work went yellow white so i sanded it back and with a expensive brush fix that,and the prom deck 7 and 8 windows looked crap so i ripped them of and going to put new ones in,even if the lifeboats block them i still want it to look good,will post a photo when lifeboats are in and deck 7-8 done,otherwise all ok.

cheers matt

Looking forward to the new pics, Matt:).

• 4 months later...

hi there,

small update,

i have put deck 15 ,have to work all the detail out but getting there,i want to finish it when i go on the s day cruise at the end of July.

regards Matt

lifeboats-1.jpg

pdtopview.jpg

pdportfwd.jpg

pdaftview.jpg

pdaftport.jpg

nice job something i picked up when painting with white to stop yellowing i put a dot of black tint in the white paint. still very nice job looking foward to seeing it finished

nice job something i picked up when painting with white to stop yellowing i put a dot of black tint in the white paint. still very nice job looking foward to seeing it finished

hi,

thanks i used a tubmans test pot white i got from bunnings,next time i think i might spray paint it....

cheers matt

• 2 weeks later...

hello,

here are some new photos,

one is of me next to the other model i am building a ship i use to know well.

and some of the p/d model.i wanted to build a model of pacific sun but p&o told me they don't give plans or drawings out now...i got my p/d plans 9 years ago,i have sun princess plans though..

regards matt

mattspocmodel.jpg

pd8.jpg

pd7.jpg

pd6.jpg

pd5.jpg

pd3.jpg

Archived