pacific dawn scale model 1/200

nzmatt

hi,

i want to finish the p/d by end of July but while i am on the cruise i can find out if i missed any thing or is not on the plans,so in 3 months,and the star princess well just testing the waters hopefully by xmas most of the star wou;d be done the hull anyway,

here are 3 photos of the star princess taken today.

matt

deckview.jpg

deck.jpg

topview-2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

They do look great Matt, I love your work but please tell me you do not keep there as I would be very afraid they would get knocked off the table.

I am assuming you just put it there to take a photo. They are way too precious.

hi,

yes i keep the models on shelf attached to the wall,and the table is the working bench.......so no models will smash....i have had that happen before...i wont use the words i would say...lol

matt

• 4 weeks later...

hello,

dawn model is good but the star princess to much for me so i kept the deck house but recycled the hull wood to make.......another model i am not going to tell you let the photos do the guess work......and when the first person gets the name right i will tell you....a clue they are sister ships and only 2 were built?

cheers matt

P8080236.jpg

P8080232.jpg

P8080233.jpg

P8080235.jpgP8080234.jpg

The Dawn is looking good matt cant belive how much talent you have.

Is the new ship Ov2?

hi you win a drink your are right :cool:it is the ov2 the pacific jewel they are sister ships so i thought be good to do that and fix the problems i have learned from the p/d model to the p/j model. that was the name when the ov2 was built along with regal princess,ov2 was built as the crown princess.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pacific_Dawn_(ship)

this link works just have to copy and past it but the bottom works fine

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ocean_Village_Two

matt

sure you can my beer i cant stand to drink beer.....update on the p/d model stb side all balconys are done what a pain in the .....:cool:i will do the port side on weekend,some problems with balcony's but that's my problem when i build the pacific jewels balconys i will fix that problem.

cheers matt

p.s will post new pics on weekend.

hello,

some new images taken 15/8/09

i am happy with the model but when i made the balcony's stb side they look ok but i am not happy.....port side seems good,you see that i have not finished balconys on port side, stb side done...takes a while to do,when i get to the p/j balconys for that model i have a new method so any mistakes on the p/d model can be fixed for the jewel.which is coming along good...the hull that is.

cheers matt :D

portaft-4.jpg

stbaft-4.jpgstbfwd-3.jpg

portfwd-3.jpgstbtop.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

hi guys,

here are some new photos of the pacific jewel model,the p/d is going good will get a side by side photos one day ,as you see i undercoated the hull white...and you can see the hull shape,and small problems i found with the p/d model have been fixed..have a good weekend.

regards matt

P1000166.jpg

P1000167.jpg

P1000168.jpg

P1000169.jpg

P1000170.jpg

• 2 months later...

hi,

some news,

here are new photos of the p/j and p/d model as you can see the p/d still the same and p/j is good learning from what i did for the p/d model and fixing mistakes...to hot to do ship models this week.

cheers matt

P1000649.jpg

P1000650.jpg

P1000653.jpg

P1000648.jpg

P1000651.jpg

Archived