What time do you wake up and start your day?

bearswife

What time do you start your day?  

167 members have voted

1. 1. What time do you start your day?

• 6am -7am
    • 8-8am
    • 8-9am
    • 9am and after, I want to SLEEP!

My dh likes to sleep late and I like to start early. At home I wake up late because I have nothing to look forward to except work. On vacation I start early because I dont want to miss anything. DH thinks he vacation is resting. What does everyone else do?????:D

OOPS, I made a mistake on polled 8-8 is supposed to be 7-8 etc, sorry

As I get older I'm not a very good sleeper, so I naturally wake up and just doze between 4:30 and 6:00. If I know that my sister wants to sleep in I'll try to sneak out of the cabin and head up to the Lido for a quiet cup of coffee before the hustle of the day begins.

I usually eat in the dining room for as many meals as I can (I just don't like standing in buffet lines). So I'll go back to the cabin to get sis up about 30 minutes before the dining room opens.

when I am on Vacation..i don't want to miss any time at all..i can sleep when I get home...i usually am an early riser and staying in an inside cabin, i try and set my clock for about 6:45, shower and upstairs by 7am..so peacefull at that time..i read my book, and go back and wake DH up about 8:30 for breakfest...

DH and I are both early risers for work and vacation, so we are both up and running no later than 5:30 am and starting our day. Will both be up and walking the deck and having a cup of coffee no later than 6:00 AM, now that is peaceful, but usually in bed no later than 11:00PM also. Need to stay on work schedule.:D

Sandy

It depends if we're at port or at sea. At port we get up 1 1/2 before ship docks this gives us time to have breakfast and get ready for shore excursion. At sea we have no set time maybe 8 or 9 we spend the whole day by the pool. Sometimes I wake up my husband and we watch the sunrise from our balcony.

I get up early most mornings (6:00-6:30) for my workout or to get prepared for an early shore excursion. Except the one before the final sea day (because I like to enjoy the nightlife for one last time the night before) and I take the last sea day to do nothing (ok, I'll read, nap, explore the ship one last time, nap, take in a show, nap, maybe a last workout and obviously a last leasurely dinner, usually in one of the speciality restaurants).

DH and I are both late risers. I'd never make it with an early bird, :eek:

Now that we are retired, the best thing is not being a slave to the clock radio. We get up early or late depending on our excursion schedule. We eat in the dining room whenever possible and I do the trivia games, so I try to be finished with breakfast by 9. We are not late revelers, but I usually stay up reading past midnight, while he goes to bed earlier.

A cruise is the time to do your own thing, sleep when you want and get up when you want. (That's the story of our life now anyway!)

I try to book excursions that don't start before 9 or 10, but that's not always possible, so we work with whatever comes up.

I usually have the stewardess bring my coffee each morning at 7:30. She can let herself into the cabin and gently wake me if I'm still dozing. This doesn't necessarily mean that I'm "up" at 7:30. Depending on the night before, and the activities planned for the day, I sometimes roll over and go back to sleep. I'm always "up" by 10, tho, so I can get dressed and hit Bingo!

We are up between 6:00 and 7:00 which isn't too bad as I get up around 5:15 on work days. Being on a cruise ship can be a bit of a struggle, what with the late nights and all :D; like others above, a little afternoon nap is the perfect remedy :).

When we get up is greatly determinted by the time of our shore excursion, if any. We usually get up about 1 1/2 hours before the tour meeting time. For sea days, it is whenever we wake.

Noticed you're booked on the Star in April 08.:cool: Same start time on an SA cruise?? No wonder you have so many posts, you are all over cc.:) Way to go. May join that cruise.;) P & T in SD

I am an early riser anyway (5:30-6:00) but it seems that on vacation I tend to get up even earlier. Sometimes 4:30 or 5:00. I never miss a sun rise plus I love to see the new port we are in and watch their island come alive from our balcony with morning coffee. Hmmmmm can't wait for Jan. It's a good thing we always get a balcony so as not to disturb hubby who likes to sleep till atleast 7:30-8:00.:eek: Just give me a good book w/ coffee and a wonderful view !!!!!!!!!!!:)

Archived