How rough are the seas

Shocker

Wife and I are considering a cruise from San Diego on the Oosterdam to Cabo San Lucas, Mazatlan, and Pt Vallarta. She has motion problems. We have been on numerous cruises in the gulf and Caribbean without problems unless there was a storm.

Can anyone inform us how rough the seas are compared to the Caribbean. Thank you. Oh any other information about this cruise or ports would be appreciated.

Believe it or not the worse seas I have ever encountered anywhere was on the ferry from Long Beach to Catalina island. The seas were so rough & the boat which wasn't small but also wasn't a cruise ship was getting tossed around like a toy. The crew was even sick. It was horrible.

I now take non-drowsey dramamine just as a precaution & I have never had a problem. I do wear the sea bands to bed b/c I feel the movement more when I am lying down.

Wife and I are considering a cruise from San Diego on the Oosterdam to Cabo San Lucas, Mazatlan, and Pt Vallarta. She has motion problems. We have been on numerous cruises in the gulf and Caribbean without problems unless there was a storm.

Can anyone inform us how rough the seas are compared to the Caribbean. Thank you. Oh any other information about this cruise or ports would be appreciated.

It's usually a little rougher on the return trip to CA because the ships have a long way to go at full speed and are bucking the north to south winds and sea swells. But the roughest cruise we've been on was out of New Orleans to Grand Cayman, etc, so you never know.

its really a bit random...we have had 25 foot seas in the Caribbean buyt had heard that the first and last day going to Mexico could get just as rough...we went ready for it in October...the first day was actually VERY smooth so we thought we had escaped it...but the last day was as everyone said a bit cold and choppy...I think it was 12-16 ft...so not terrible, but definatly a bit rocky...just take some medicine and have fun

If your wife already has motion problems, talk to her doc before taking any online advice.

I seldom if ever get sea sick, but rough conditions put me at risk for falls; so I am extremely careful when going about the ship.

I am also very careful in my own room.

The seas depend entirely on the weather systems! If it's windy, it will be rougher than when it's very still. If a storm is brewing somewhere, it can affect the seas for hundreds of miles. It can be calm one day, and raging the next! There's really no way to tell!

You can check the wave height by going to Medeosail.com

Archived