Bottoms Only ?

Cruiseaholichal

Does anyone know is there is a topless sun bathing area on any of the Princess Ships?
No, there are no topless sunbathing areas on Princess ships.

No, there is no "public" place to topless sunbathe that I know of, unless you have mini-suite on Dolphin deck!!
I'm a little confused as to why Dolphin deck mini-suites, which are completely exposed on the Grand-class ships, would be more appropriate? Perhaps you meant Emerald deck mini-suites which are completely covered?

Yes, it was either on the Golden or the Grand, can't recall which one. I know we were above basketball courts. Not a large area but private and accomodates at least 20.

I believe you are talking about the private pool we saw when touring the Bridge. I thought we were told that pool was for staff/entertainers only - this was on the Golden Princess.

It was a joke and a funny one at that :D
A couple of years ago, we were in a Caribe deck balcony and one day, while we were in port, I was hanging out there and got up to move around a little, going to the railing. The old gentleman (had to be in his 80s) in the cabin below us on Dolphin deck came out, proceeded to completely strip, laid his swimsuit and stuff out on the chairs, walked around his balcony a bit then went inside. I was struck dumb. It was NOT a pretty sight. :(

It was NOT a pretty sight. :(
For some reason, people equate topless with Playboy. I was on a Sun Princess cruise and one of the guys I was hanging out with was in his early 20s. His big thing was to get himself to a topless beach at one of the ports so he could take in all the "natural beauty." He came back with tales of the beach being popluated with very non-Playboy "bunnies." He was quite disappointed.

For some reason, people equate topless with Playboy. I was on a Sun Princess cruise and one of the guys I was hanging out with was in his early 20s. His big thing was to get himself to a topless beach at one of the ports so he could take in all the "natural beauty." He came back with tales of the beach being popluated with very non-Playboy "bunnies." He was quite disappointed.

You mean nothing but "real" people?:rolleyes:

A couple of years ago, we were in a Caribe deck balcony and one day, while we were in port, I was hanging out there and got up to move around a little, going to the railing. The old gentleman (had to be in his 80s) in the cabin below us on Dolphin deck came out, proceeded to completely strip, laid his swimsuit and stuff out on the chairs, walked around his balcony a bit then went inside. I was struck dumb. It was NOT a pretty sight. :(

A woman did that on a balcony in full view of the Panama Canal cameras a few years ago.....also not a pretty sight....:)

double post....deleted

Two years ago we were on the CB and it was docked at St. Martin. I was shopping with DH and some friends. They had an 18 year old son. We all went back to the ship at different times. My friend and her daughter didn't want to walk back, but I wanted some exercise, so they took a cab and I walked. I didn't backtrack to the road, but went instead down towards the water. I could see the bridge I needed to cross and figured it would be shorter. All of a sudden I came across a topless beach area. There were about 20 college age girls there. I just kept walking and was laughing to myself. I kept saying, boy Dan, Rob & Cory (18 yr old) sure missed this! When I told Cory, we was like, lets to back! It was really pretty funny.

I believe you are talking about the private pool we saw when touring the Bridge. I thought we were told that pool was for staff/entertainers only - this was on the Golden Princess.

I don't recall any pool that was nearby. There are smaller pools which are reserved strictly for staff/crew but we weren't anywhere near that. It wasn't advertised as a topless area but seemed to be pretty well known (ha ha, I'm sure!) I can't recall which ship but I think it was the Golden. It was several years ago, 2002 or 2004, 10 day cruise to the mediterranean. Perhaps the policies have changed since then.

Archived