Gordan or Lawerence please advice

scottie86

Just toured with Lawrence last week (April 1st) and had a great tour. There were 23 of us for a prearranged tour. He gave us a tour of the island and the upon our request, dropped us off at a beautiful beach where we ate lunch and swam. He was very pleasant and informative and he provided drinks (local beer, rum punch, water and fruit punch). He was also a great sport and helped me pull a April Fools joke on the group. I would recommend him on your next trip to Antigua!

• 3 weeks later...

Gordan now requires a $20.00 booking charge (via credit card) when reserving a tour with him. He asks for our phone number so that he can call us to get our credit card information, or we can call him. I feel a little uneasy about giving out our credit card number. For those of you that went on a tour with Gordan, did you have to pay the $20.00 booking fee? Is he trustworthy?

Also has anyone done the Tight on the Budget Tour with Gordan for $25.00? Was it any good? I'm wondering how it compares to his Island Tour for $40.00/person.

Gordan now requires a $20.00 booking charge (via credit card) when reserving a tour with him. He asks for our phone number so that he can call us to get our credit card information, or we can call him. I feel a little uneasy about giving out our credit card number. For those of you that went on a tour with Gordan, did you have to pay the $20.00 booking fee? Is he trustworthy?

Also has anyone done the Tight on the Budget Tour with Gordan for $25.00? Was it any good? I'm wondering how it compares to his Island Tour for $40.00/person.

I booked the Island tour with Gordon via his email. Then I contacted him by phone and gave him my credit card info. Yes... I was a little uneasy, however it was a card just for travel and could be quickly canceled. I didn't mind the small deposit request however I will not pay in full prior to a tour.

I'll post back on how the tour went. :)

No one we toured with, when we went with Gordon had a problem with the deposit. he is very trustworthy. He has gotten beat so many times when people didn't cancel, that's why he takes the deposit. we did a $30 tour with him and had a blast. we paid an additional $5 for nelson's dockyard, which is a must. he includes snacks and beverages for the price and gets fabulous chicken wings to munch on. I recommend him in a heart beat.

I did another tour in St Thomas that she took the charge card # for the entire tour, but didn't run it until the day of the tour

any more questions, let me know

No one we toured with, when we went with Gordon had a problem with the deposit. he is very trustworthy. He has gotten beat so many times when people didn't cancel, that's why he takes the deposit. we did a $30 tour with him and had a blast. we paid an additional $5 for nelson's dockyard, which is a must. he includes snacks and beverages for the price and gets fabulous chicken wings to munch on. I recommend him in a heart beat.

I did another tour in St Thomas that she took the charge card # for the entire tour, but didn't run it until the day of the tour

any more questions, let me know

Did you make a stop at Devil's Bridge?

Is it worth seeing?

Where you able to explore Devil's Bridge and go into and the water there or was it only a short stop for a photo?

Did you make a stop at Devil's Bridge?

Is it worth seeing?

Where you able to explore Devil's Bridge and go into and the water there or was it only a short stop for a photo?

you can't swim by Devils Bridge. we stopped for a photo op. gordon walked across the bridge. he took us to a nice beach though where you could snorkel. they had a restaurant at the beach as well.

It was the best day of our cruise. we had a great time with Gordon

To everyone who wonders about Gordon's tours, we want to set your minds at rest! We've toured twice with him, both times that we were lucky enough to be in Antigua, one of our favorite islands. He's absolutely trustworthy, charming, knowledgeable, and Antigua is not to be missed. Yes, we went to Devil's Bridge, but it is just a photo-op kind of place--no way to go into the water there as it's a cliff-like spot where the ocean shoots up through crevices, highly recommended. I don't know anything about the abbreviated tour--but be sure you don't miss Nelson's Dockyard. We recommend Gordon without hesitation. I'm sure he's concerned about losing a day of business when irresponsible tourists never show up and never cancel. Hope this helps. Enjoy your cruise! :)

GG

To everyone who wonders about Gordon's tours, we want to set your minds at rest! We've toured twice with him, both times that we were lucky enough to be in Antigua, one of our favorite islands. He's absolutely trustworthy, charming, knowledgeable, and Antigua is not to be missed. Yes, we went to Devil's Bridge, but it is just a photo-op kind of place--no way to go into the water there as it's a cliff-like spot where the ocean shoots up through crevices, highly recommended. I don't know anything about the abbreviated tour--but be sure you don't miss Nelson's Dockyard. We recommend Gordon without hesitation. I'm sure he's concerned about losing a day of business when irresponsible tourists never show up and never cancel. Hope this helps. Enjoy your cruise! :)

GG

I agree with you 200%. Gordan is wonderful. We were with him a few weeks ago and will deffintly use him again. He did take us to a beach that was not crowded at all. Everyone that did the beach tour through the ship hated it. Beaches were wall to wall people.

what beach did you go to????

Glad you enjoyed it.

I agree with you 200%. Gordan is wonderful. We were with him a few weeks ago and will deffintly use him again. He did take us to a beach that was not crowded at all. Everyone that did the beach tour through the ship hated it. Beaches were wall to wall people.

Does anyone have Gordon's website info to share?

Here is Gordan's website

http://www.tourguidegordon.com/

We are planning to book the Island tour with Gordan but as of yet have been unable to contact him via phone--we left a message so hopefully he will call back. Those of you that had booked with Gordan, how easy was it for you to contact him via phone so that you could arrange the deposit?

Here is Gordan's website

We are planning to book the Island tour with Gordan but as of yet have been unable to contact him via phone--we left a message so hopefully he will call back. Those of you that had booked with Gordan, how easy was it for you to contact him via phone so that you could arrange the deposit?

i booked with him before he requested a deposit. you can always email him your # and he can call you

Here is Gordan's website

Thanks so much!

i booked with him before he requested a deposit. you can always email him your # and he can call you

:confused: O.K. . . . according to your experience, it sounds like Gordan doesn't require the deposit right away.

I have left my phone number via email (three days ago) and by telephone message (one day ago). I suppose he'll call me when he's ready for the deposit.

mrspaper--how many days prior to departure did Gordan request your deposit?

Sorry for the questions--this will help me to understand the time frame here.

:confused: O.K. . . . according to your experience, it sounds like Gordan doesn't require the deposit right away.

I have left my phone number via email (three days ago) and by telephone message (one day ago). I suppose he'll call me when he's ready for the deposit.

mrspaper--how many days prior to departure did Gordan request your deposit?

Sorry for the questions--this will help me to understand the time frame here.

questions are fine.

we booked him a year ago and he wasn't requiring a deposit. He was organized and he had a book with everyone's emails and the amount of their deposit. I'm not sure how far in advance he took the deposits, but as long as you get a confirmation from him, you should be fine. I'm sure he'll ask for the deposit when he's ready. It's possible that he's on vacation himself. You never know. Due to how highly organized he is with a binder, i'm sure you'll have no problems with the reservation. he is such a nice guy. (and such a beautiful island). When we got home, I sent him pictures of himself

questions are fine.

we booked him a year ago and he wasn't requiring a deposit. He was organized and he had a book with everyone's emails and the amount of their deposit. I'm not sure how far in advance he took the deposits, but as long as you get a confirmation from him, you should be fine. I'm sure he'll ask for the deposit when he's ready. It's possible that he's on vacation himself. You never know. Due to how highly organized he is with a binder, i'm sure you'll have no problems with the reservation. he is such a nice guy. (and such a beautiful island). When we got home, I sent him pictures of himself

Thank you for the information--you have been very helpful.

Gordan did send me booking information that explains the pick up times and where to find him etc. I guess we'll just wait until he is ready for the deposit and contacts us.

Thank you for the information--you have been very helpful.

Gordan did send me booking information that explains the pick up times and where to find him etc. I guess we'll just wait until he is ready for the deposit and contacts us.

as long as you got a confirmation. maybe he won't even ask for a deposit

I have been in touch with Gordon today via his Blackberry, since we are only two people and the minimum is 3 he told me to get in touch with him again a few weeks before I leave, that is in late September...that sounds a little too close for comfort.

I guess I'll work on my roll call and try to get more people together so we can confirm a booking.

It sounds like an interesting tour

Donna

I sent Gordan an email asking him to let us know when he needs the deposit as I have been unable to reach him by phone and he hasn't returned my call.

He responded back quickly and said he will phone when he has the chance.

This sounds like a great tour--thanks to everyone on the forum for your advice and suggestions!

I have been in touch with Gordon today via his Blackberry, since we are only two people and the minimum is 3 he told me to get in touch with him again a few weeks before I leave, that is in late September...that sounds a little too close for comfort.

I guess I'll work on my roll call and try to get more people together so we can confirm a booking.

Donna

That's what we did. We ended up being 7 after one decided not to go. A family of 4 and one of our friends. We knew each other pretty well from the roll call.

Our family of 3- DH,DS(14) and me were on Gordon's Island tour on April 12, when on Emerald Princess, along with 3 other groups from our Roll Call. It was Easter Sunday and Gordon did the tour!

Gordon met us at the appointed time and location. He had all his paperwork organized and checked us in quickly.

As for posters unsure of the deposit, so were we. We contacted Gordon several times with questions via e-mail. He promptly replied with the answers. We asked him to call us for the cc# and he did. He reassured DH about the cc. Before we left for the cruise, $20pp was charged to my cc. When we met Gordon, he confirmed that the amount was paid. Others in our group also made deposits and there were no problems. We just paid him the balance at the end of our great tour.

Now for the tour- Gordon is so friendly and knowledgeable about his country. His van was A/C and really told us everything about the history, culture, politics, religion, food, etc. of Antigua. He took us through many small towns and spoke about their past and present. Gordon had a ready supply of cold drinks to quench our thirst -water, soda and local Wadadli Beer. The bread and cheese sandwiches were great, as were the chicken wings cooked by a local lady. We saw her BBQing them!

We went to Nelson Dockyard, the Interpretative Center and Shirley Heights. Gordon gave great commentary atop Shirley heights. He also told us how to tell the difference between sheep and goats.

Gordon took us to Long Bay beach- beautiful- and went snorkeling with us. We had fun and saw many interesting coral and fish. He then fed us again with more sandwiches and wings. Gordon then took us to Devils Bridge and explained the history there.

This tour (and Cosol's in St. Lucia) were the highlights of our cruise.

If you are reading this Gordon, thanks for the birthday song.

I recommended Gordon to a friend who visited Antigua 2 weeks ago .She went on the tour and loved it.

Any questions, please ask- glad to answer.

FYI- others we met on the ship went with Lawrence and enjoyed his tour, too.

Our family of 3- DH,DS(14) and me were on Gordon's Island tour on April 12, when on Emerald Princess, along with 3 other groups from our Roll Call. It was Easter Sunday and Gordon did the tour!

Gordon met us at the appointed time and location. He had all his paperwork organized and checked us in quickly.

As for posters unsure of the deposit, so were we. We contacted Gordon several times with questions via e-mail. He promptly replied with the answers. We asked him to call us for the cc# and he did. He reassured DH about the cc. Before we left for the cruise, $20pp was charged to my cc. When we met Gordon, he confirmed that the amount was paid. Others in our group also made deposits and there were no problems. We just paid him the balance at the end of our great tour.

Now for the tour- Gordon is so friendly and knowledgeable about his country. His van was A/C and really told us everything about the history, culture, politics, religion, food, etc. of Antigua. He took us through many small towns and spoke about their past and present. Gordon had a ready supply of cold drinks to quench our thirst -water, soda and local Wadadli Beer. The bread and cheese sandwiches were great, as were the chicken wings cooked by a local lady. We saw her BBQing them!

We went to Nelson Dockyard, the Interpretative Center and Shirley Heights. Gordon gave great commentary atop Shirley heights. He also told us how to tell the difference between sheep and goats.

Gordon took us to Long Bay beach- beautiful- and went snorkeling with us. We had fun and saw many interesting coral and fish. He then fed us again with more sandwiches and wings. Gordon then took us to Devils Bridge and explained the history there.

This tour (and Cosol's in St. Lucia) were the highlights of our cruise.

If you are reading this Gordon, thanks for the birthday song.

I recommended Gordon to a friend who visited Antigua 2 weeks ago .She went on the tour and loved it.

Any questions, please ask- glad to answer.

FYI- others we met on the ship went with Lawrence and enjoyed his tour, too.

Thank you for your insightful account of your day with Gordan. Now, I can't wait to go!

Donna

We were with Gordon last week. It was just the 2 of us....couldn't find others to join. We paid the additional $$ and had a wonderful tour. Gordon took us to lots of great places. Highly enjoyed the entire day!! The view of the English Harbour - wow!:D

It's worth taking a tour with someone so friendly and who knows where all the great places to go are.

Archived