Gordan or Lawerence please advice

scottie86

We were on the Explorer of the Seas from 11/30/2008 to 12/12/208 and took the tour with Lawrence and could not speak any higher of him. Booked early with him and replies were profesional and prompt. Meeting place established lucky for us because of the # of drivers at dock (only ship in port that day). Van very clean, refreshments provided (drinks fruit) and thour hit every spot on the island excellent information provided. One of the best tours we have ever taken. There is some conflict on this board from somebody that booked with Lawrence and then renigged trying to get a better deal and they have used this board to defame him pretty cheap if you ask me. It surely was not the tour guide we had Lawrence was as professional as it gets on the islands. Woould recomend him to anybody. But make sure you have the real Lawrence of antigua make sure you have the one witht the multi colored vest the coloors of the island flag.

just got back from a 10 day cruise. we booked a tour of antigua with gordon, best thing we did on the whole cruise. if we hadn't we would have been suckered into taking one of the many taxis when you get off the ship. instead we , all 8 of us, had a perfect relaxing day. we got to see a lot of the island, enjoyed the beach at Long Bay, ate the local breads and drank the local beer. we learned a lot about the island of fish oil. can't wait to go back. tell your friend's, gordon's tours are the best!!

Just got back from the MSC Lirica cruise to Antigua and we were a group of 54 people. Had pre-arranged a tour with Gordon, and so glad we did. Best tour we have been on!! He was so well organized, and he and his staff know so much about Antigua! He was there waiting for us when we got off the ship, with 2 buses and 2 vans - He did not use jump seats which was a huge bonus to us. His buses/vans are new and in wonderful condition. We toured from 9:00am to 3:30pm with beach time. Excellent, Excellent tour - I can not say enough about this tour company. He provided us with drinks, chicken wings and sandwiches for lunch at Nelson Dock yard.

I have used Lawrence of Antigua in the past as well, and these two tours do not even compare! I will be using Gordon again when we return to Antigua.

Absolutely wonderful!

Thanks so much to Gordon and his staff! Especially Valentine who was our driver for the van I was on! You guys are great!

Shelley Roach

PE Canada

Congratulations James (and Jenn)!!

James, that review alone prompted me to contact Gordon to ask about availability and tours for our upcoming cruise. I even cancelled another excursion we had booked because what you described was so much nicer and personal and more to what we were looking for.

So thank you very much for sharing your story and congrats to the two of you again. I think returning to Antigua for your wedding would be fabulous!! Tell Gordon and maybe he'll even come as your guest!

It seems that both provide drinks and snacks, but if you don't book a huge group (you know, the 2 of us book and others book independently and we just all end up on the same van), is there anywhere (and is there time) to sit down and have lunch?

I don't think I can manage for hours on end with just some fruit and drinks. Well, maybe I could, but it would be nice to actually remember some of the tour when I get home! :p

Do you eat at Longbay beach?

And how much is chair/umbrella rental (sorry if that was stated earlier; I probably missed it)?

I'm going to get really busy soon (I do taxes for a living) and want to get everything in place before my brain turns to mush from too many hours of work.

Thanks!

It seems that both provide drinks and snacks, but if you don't book a huge group (you know, the 2 of us book and others book independently and we just all end up on the same van), is there anywhere (and is there time) to sit down and have lunch?

I don't think I can manage for hours on end with just some fruit and drinks. Well, maybe I could, but it would be nice to actually remember some of the tour when I get home! :p

Do you eat at Longbay beach?

And how much is chair/umbrella rental (sorry if that was stated earlier; I probably missed it)?

I'm going to get really busy soon (I do taxes for a living) and want to get everything in place before my brain turns to mush from too many hours of work.

Thanks!

We used Gordon on January 16th and had no trouble eating. As a matter of fact we had plenty of food that Gordon supplied in the Van as we traveled. You could eat at any on the beaches also. Gordon took us snorkeling and was our guide as we went thru the reef. He was very flexible. We were with my parents for a total of 4. If you want a specific tour E-mail him and he will set you with whatever you want. I had no problem contacting him and he responded quickly.

Just curious, is there a beach we can access short of distance from the cruise ship? Like in St-Marteen or Nassau?

If so, what's the name of that beach??

thanks!;)

Sorry No,

But you can take the local bus to Jolley Harbour,beautifull, 20 min ride,$1

facilities available

Fort James beach is the closest to my knowledge but I personally would not walk it. Traffic, heat and distance would be my reasons. I would think that it would take about 1/2 hour to walk each way if not more. It would be less than 10 minutes in a cab and that is accounting for traffic in the downtown area. Runaway is next to St. James and Dickinson follows.

Karysa

I emailed Gordon yesterday and received a prompt response. Thing is, he has no one else booked for that day and said he needs at least 3 people.

Our Roll Call isn't terribly active, and it's mostly people who are going in fairly large family groups and pretty much already have their plans made.

I'm going to email him back and ask what happens if no one else contacts him? Will he still take us and how much will it cost, or will he try to pursuade folks as they come off the boat to join us? I don't really want to get off early, then have to wait while he works to find more business (eating into my tour time), but don't want to pay for a private tour.

Will have to see what he says.

I emailed Gordon yesterday and received a prompt response. Thing is, he has no one else booked for that day and said he needs at least 3 people.

I'm going to email him back and ask what happens if no one else contacts him?

I'd get a back up plan for another tour in place in case you need it. Same thing happened with me and Herod Tours and he finally told me that he wouldn't be running the tour that day so I had to make other plans.

Our Roll Call isn't terribly active, and it's mostly people who are going in fairly large family groups and pretty much already have their plans made.

I'm going to email him back and ask what happens if no one else contacts him? Will he still take us and how much will it cost, or will he try to pursuade folks as they come off the boat to join us? I don't really want to get off early, then have to wait while he works to find more business (eating into my tour time), but don't want to pay for a private tour.

Will have to see what he says.

My wife and I are booked on Carnival Victory May 17th and also have contacted Gordon. We are going to call him this week to make the deposit for "Gordon's Island Tour". So he has at least four for that day. We wanted others to go on the tour so we can meet new folks. Can't wait to get there. Hope to see you there.:)

Has anyone had to pay a Booking fee for Gordon Tour See E-mail Below:

There is a 50% or (USD$15.00 for each adult) booking fee. This

>> booking fee can be paid using a Credit Card. You can call me between

>> 7am - 8pm Eastern Time on my cell number 1 268 772 8738 and give me

>> your credit card details (1) Credit Card number (2) Authorization Code

>> (3) Credit Card expiration date.

>> After this fee has been paid, I will email your confirmation

>> booking details.

My husband and I just booked with Gordon via number he provides, and did pay a booking fee. It is to protect him from people not showing up. You can check out his website www.tourguidegordon.com and he explains about it there. Looking forward to going now!

My wife and I are booked on Carnival Victory May 17th and also have contacted Gordon. We are going to call him this week to make the deposit for "Gordon's Island Tour". So he has at least four for that day. We wanted others to go on the tour so we can meet new folks. Can't wait to get there. Hope to see you there.:)

Excellent! Did you post that in our Roll Call?

Guess that solves the issue of having enough people to do the tour.

So, now I'm set for everything except Barbados. :D

We sailed on the Gem Jan 4 - 14 and had a wonderful cruise. We had the opportunity to take the island and beach tour with the Scenic Tours of Antigua. Sean is the owner and he was very quick to answer our emails and to confirm our tour.

Sean was busy with another tour but we had "Smoothie" and he was fantastic!!

He made sure we knew all about his island and the history, past and present. We made quite a few stops at all the historic areas and had alot of picture stops which was great!!

He also offered to stop to get a taste of the local cuisine. We opted not to.

We went to Jolly Roger Resort which had a snack bar where you could get food and drinks.

Chairs are 5 dollars and they also had umbrellas but do not know how much they were.

They had a few more stands that sold souveniers and drinks, cheap beers which seem to taste better on the beach!

I would recommend this tour group because they really care about you and that you had a good time.

janymac:p

Archived