Gordan or Lawerence please advice

scottie86

We are booked with Scenic Tours also in April. The week we are there, a sailing competition is going on so Nelson's should be a sight! Glad to hear you had a good time. Sean has been very quick to respond to my numerous questions also. Thanks for the report.

I have just returned from our Carnival Freedom cruise , was in Antigua on Feb 4,booked with Gordon. He had 10 people in his nice van( Mercedes Benz)and we 3 ladies had our own driver, Kenmore in another new Nissan vehicle (which I thought was great)

This was the island tour which we did have to pay 50% deposit $20 each.

We went to Nelsons Dockyards, Shirleys heights, Block House, St Barnabas Church, we also saw Eric Clapton's house.

After we went up to Shirley's heights, 2 of the guests wanted to go back to the ship, so Kenmore took them back, and we (3) went on the van with Gordon.

We were very disappointed to lose Kenmore, but just as happy to continue with Gordon. He took us to Longbay Beach (I think), where we rented chairs for $6. Gordon provided mask/snorkels/fins for anyone that wanted them for no charge and he took us out to feed the fish & snorkel.

I think we spent at least 1 1/2 hours there, after that we went to Devils Bridge and dropped us off at the cruise ship at 4:30 pm. His tour started at 9:30 am.

He provided water, beer, soft drinks, cheese sandwiches & some chicken wings for snacks.

His tour is $40 plus $5 entry fee for Nelson's Dockyards. In talking to him, he has felt the downturn in the economy in the last year. If you need his email address, & phone number, please feel free to email me

bcf93@hotmail.com

We all enjoyed our tour & day with Gordon and would highly recommend him. Thanks to the previous posters who recommend him so that we had a good tour.

We did a tour with Gordon on 26th Jan, which was the second day of our cruise,he gave us a brilliant day. Supplied drinks and food and was a superb companion for the day. The only compaint I have is that we had such a wonderful time with him , that all the other stops, although memorable, colld not compare with him. I have no hesitation in recommending him.We paid half the fee in advance by credit card, I had already read on this site that was not a problem, and indeed it was not. It is just to guard against no shows.

I returned last week from a cruise where we used Lawrence of Antigua as our tour guide. Out ship was about an hour late, and docked at a different dock than usual, but Lawrence was there waiting for us when we finally got off the ship. We had a fabulous 4 hour tour which was extremely reasonable. We went all over the island... ALL over. He brought water, local beer and sodas for us and also stopped and got us some fresh local pineapple. The van was very comfortable and the AC was perfect. There were 6 of us from the CC boards who hooked up for this cruise. He offered to drop anyone at a lovely quiet beach that wanted to go and he said he'd pick us back up but no one wanted to do it as it was lunch time and we all elected to go back to the ship. Lawrence's tour was the highlight of the cruise and I couldn't recommend him more highly. Cost: for 6 of us it was $35 each plus $5 for entrance to the National Park.

I have just returned from our Carnival Freedom cruise , was in Antigua on Feb 4,booked with Gordon. He had 10 people in his nice van( Mercedes Benz)and we 3 ladies had our own driver, Kenmore in another new Nissan vehicle (which I thought was great)

This was the island tour which we did have to pay 50% deposit $20 each.

We went to Nelsons Dockyards, Shirleys heights, Block House, St Barnabas Church, we also saw Eric Clapton's house.

After we went up to Shirley's heights, 2 of the guests wanted to go back to the ship, so Kenmore took them back, and we (3) went on the van with Gordon.

We were very disappointed to lose Kenmore, but just as happy to continue with Gordon. He took us to Longbay Beach (I think), where we rented chairs for $6. Gordon provided mask/snorkels/fins for anyone that wanted them for no charge and he took us out to feed the fish & snorkel.

I think we spent at least 1 1/2 hours there, after that we went to Devils Bridge and dropped us off at the cruise ship at 4:30 pm. His tour started at 9:30 am.

He provided water, beer, soft drinks, cheese sandwiches & some chicken wings for snacks.

His tour is $40 plus $5 entry fee for Nelson's Dockyards. In talking to him, he has felt the downturn in the economy in the last year. If you need his email address, & phone number, please feel free to email me

bcf93@hotmail.com

We all enjoyed our tour & day with Gordon and would highly recommend him. Thanks to the previous posters who recommend him so that we had a good tour.

HI!!!! Sorry to take Kenmore from you. Well, not really! ;) I would definitely recommend Gordon, as he does a good tour and provides nummy snacks and beverages. However, it was difficult to understand him some of the time. We (in the van) thought perhaps it was just the island way of talking, but Kenmore was very easily understandable.

Can some nice person on here please give me Lawrence's email addy? My puter crashed and I lost it and I want to make sure he got my email cancellation.

I canceled, but he's never acknowledged my email.

Thanks!

I returned last week from a cruise where we used Lawrence of Antigua as our tour guide. Out ship was about an hour late, and docked at a different dock than usual, but Lawrence was there waiting for us when we finally got off the ship. We had a fabulous 4 hour tour which was extremely reasonable. We went all over the island... ALL over. He brought water, local beer and sodas for us and also stopped and got us some fresh local pineapple. The van was very comfortable and the AC was perfect. . Lawrence's tour was the highlight of the cruise and I couldn't recommend him more highly. Cost: for 6 of us it was $35 each plus $5 for entrance to the National Park.

We had a great time with Lawrence as well... and those pineapples are so good.. not a "pineapple person" but I wish we could get them here in NC! :)

We had a private tour (just my husband and myself) with Gordon this past week from our 7 day serenade of the Seas crusie. I had told Gordon my husband was an art teacher so besides all the regular places one stops on antigua, he found some local arts places to stop and see what was hapening on antigua. Gordon spent alot of time with us and the tour was longer than usual. We found the value to be great (60.00 per person) which included drinks and great food. Both my husband and I would take another tour with him again in antigua!

:o:rolleyes::D:) We cruised last week and spent the day with Gordon. He was prompt and waiting for us. We ziplined in the morning and then he took us aroung Nelson's Dockyard for wings and other treats, to Devils Bridge and to LongBay Beach. It was wonderful...would certainly recommend him to others...he was great. We were fed island info and snacks the whole time, and everywhere he took us was completely beautiful and just what we were looking for. He catered to us and our kids. Definately the way to go!!!:):o

• 2 weeks later...

I sent Lawrence an email stating that we would not be able to do his tour that I had already reserved. I did this months ago but have heard nothing back from him. Can someone please send me his website/email addy so that I can resend this cancellation to make sure he got it.

I don't want him waiting at the pier for us.

Thanks!

My family and I took a private tour with Gordon last week. There were 9 people on the van total plus Gordon. Gordon was such a delight. We enjoyed him a lot. He took us to the local market for fruit tasting, around the main shopping area, to Nelson's Dockyard, Shirley Heights, Devil's Bridge a beach break at Long Bay Beach and a few other stops. It was such a nice day at a nice pace. He supplied beers, waters, sodas along with some local foods such as pastries, bread & cheese and some amazing smelling chicken wings. I would highly recommend him as he made Antigua a fun place to visit!

I sent Lawrence an email stating that we would not be able to do his tour that I had already reserved. I did this months ago but have heard nothing back from him. Can someone please send me his website/email addy so that I can resend this cancellation to make sure he got it.

Thanks!

Actually thats what happened with us. I emailed a cancellation and assumed he got it. However he was waiting at the pier and things got a bit testy after that. It is a good idea to keep trying until you get a reply. You could also call him if that doesn't work.

Thanks!

I have him booked for March 19 (next Thursdsay).

His website is http://www.lawrenceofantigua.com/ and his direct phone number is (268) 464-4428. Hope this helps.

~Paul :D

I have him booked for March 19 (next Thursdsay).

His website is http://www.lawrenceofantigua.com/ and his direct phone number is (268) 464-4428. Hope this helps.

~Paul :D

Thanks Paul. I emailed him again and sent it with receipt requested, so hopefully I will hear back. This is the second email I've sent, so if I don't hear back, I am not going to worry about it anymore.

If I get to port and see him holding a sign with my name, I'll just walk on past him.

I've done all I can.

Again, thanks for the website Paul.

Susan

Just came back from Gordon's Tour in Antigua. We had a CC group of 12 of us in a private airconditioned van. Gordon has a wealth of information that he shares throughout the trip. His knowledge and love for his island is evident, and he answers all the questions we asked him. He also brought a picnic lunch of authentic Antiguan food, and lots of beverages for the entire trip. I would definately recommend his tour to everyone, without hesitation. Gordon is a great tour guide! He even took my husband on a personal snorkelling outting at the beach, while the rest of us just stayed in the water.

Hi,

I am having trouble getting into Gordon Tours web site.

Could someone please post his contact email?

Thanks!

I got right to his site just now.

http://www.tourguidegordon.com/gordontourpage.htm

Email One: tourinfo@tourguidegordon.com

Email Two: tourguidegordon365@yahoo.com

Phone number: 1 (268) 772 8738

• 2 weeks later...

We also just got back from a tour with Gordon. He was outstanding!!! I was feeling really sick that am, and he was very considerate and caring. We had to shorten our tour because of our ship changing times. We were very disapointed!

I can not say how great he was. I would love to go back and stay longer just to take his tour.

He had lots of drinks, great sweet bread and wonderful meat pies. The food was better than we had been having on our cruise! My dh ate like 3 pies!!

I think he was one of the high lights of the trip!

We also just got back from a tour with Gordon. He was outstanding!!! I was feeling really sick that am, and he was very considerate and caring. We had to shorten our tour because of our ship changing times. We were very disapointed!

I can not say how great he was. I would love to go back and stay longer just to take his tour.

He had lots of drinks, great sweet bread and wonderful meat pies. The food was better than we had been having on our cruise! My dh ate like 3 pies!!

I think he was one of the high lights of the trip!

Ditto to the review above, we have just returned from our cruise on the NCL Jewel, we booked Gordon for his Island Tour and it was great.

We highly recommend it

We got back on Friday. We had another tour prebooked with www.tourguidegordon.com. Our guide for the day was Abe. The other party never showed so it was just the two of us for the day. He charged $40pp and $5pp for the National Park entrance. This is a lovely island, and one that we would happily return to. We had an airconditioned van, with a supply of cold drinks and beer. He even got us chicken wings and chips (that is crisps for the English readers) for our lunch. Abe took us round the sights, Nelsons Dockyard was fascinating, and then to Long Bay for our last swim in the Caribbean! It was very shallow and the water was crystal clear.

A charming man, who was a wealth of information and because there were only 2 of us we did things at our own pace. Highly recommended.

we used Gordon a few days ago. he was terrific. We had 2 vans going out and the people in Abe's van liked him as well. At the end of the day both vans met up at Long Beach (name?) together. As everyone mentioned, the chicken wings were to die for, he had a wealth of info and unlimited beverages. He was disappointed that the bakery was closed for the day due to a funeral, because he wanted to share their goods with us. He took us ALL over the island. I'm sure we saw every street in every village.

When I load my pics, I'll try to post a few of him. He was in NO rush, asked what time our ship left and just kept taking us around. The tour lasted more than the time he said it would.

I would definitely book him again!!!!

(Gordon, if you're reading these threads, way to go!!!!)

linda

Archived