Segway Tour

ducker

Hola Preston,

We made a deal with RCCL and they will be offering our Tour as follows;

For Celebrity Cruises, they will only offer the Tour on the Solstice.

For Royal Caribbean, it will be for all ships except Adventure and Serenade

So, whenever they will be in port we will be getting the guests via their shore excursions department. We wont have at least for this upcoming season inventory to book by ourselves when the above ships will be in SJ.

Thank you very much for keeping in touch and following up.

Jose

Mob.787-598-9455

www.segwaytourspr.com

Thank you for the update. I will keep checking RCCL's website to see it this tour appears.

If all else fails we may just stop by his office when there to see what we can do!

I would keep trying RCCL. But if they don't add it as an excursion or it fills up, I think you have the right idea. Stop by just in case he doesn't get filled up with the cruise line or has cancellations etc.

He may be able to fit in a last minute tour for you after the cruise line sponsored times or something.

We just did this tour with Jose last Wednesday! It was WELL WELL worth it! Jose is fantastic! We booked on our own - I'm glad though - it was real smooth. I didn't realize that he is now contracted through some lines.

Anyway if your thinking of using Jose - DO IT. :D

We did the shorter tour and we did get off the Segways and walk around the walls of the old city, but you are standing the whole time. I would suggest e-mailing him to see what Jose recommends. If it is at all possible he will accomodate your needs. This is a great tour and he is very interested in making sure his customers are happy!

Tuscon Rick, We rode segways for TWO hours (practising along the Hudson River for our upcoming tour in Puerto Rico in December') Like you, I was worried that I wouldn't be able to stand for that long but it turns out that I never even noticed my quirky "bad" back. For some odd unexplainable reason, I discovered that riding a segway is definitely NOT the same as walking for even one hour (which I can NEVER do without resting for a minute or two here and there!) We did stop for a very brief refreshment break after one hour and we also had some photo op moments on that practice tour.

I believe you spend 15-20 minutes outside Jose's office on Pier 2 (bathrooms available) while everybody practices the art of getting on and off, on and off the segway safely and I also read somewhere that during Jose's Old San Juan tour, you actually get off the segways and walk into El Morro for a special Jose-guided tour of the fort. I'm sure you could sit that out if you felt you needed to and then join your segway group again for the return trip back down to the pier. Jose sure sounds like the type that would be open to meeting ALL his customer's needs, even if it means stopping briefly here and there on the tour.

SO...unless you have a really REALLY bad back--I think you will LOVE segways!

Has anyone taken the 45 minute sightseeing tour? Did you feel like you saw everything you wanted to see? I'm debating about this tour and the 2 hour tour. I'm not sure it will hold my teenagers attention for 2 hours and I'm trying to stay on budget for the 6 of us

I posted this on another message for this tour:

OK--we are just back & had our tour AFTER the cruise..we arrived LATE for the tour--but so glad that Jose stayed to wait for us--I had his number & address--but guess what??? I must have packed it--I called 411 to ask--but no luck--we were ½hour late due to our DIL had somehow had her account down as cash instead of cc--which I myself had added & so I know it was correct..so someone else must have put in wrong code or something..:( anyway--the taxi was told-- Segway at "pier 2" & where did he take us...seaplane terminal--luckily I had the photo of the pier 2 in my mind & KNEW it wasn't right--finally got him to get to Pier 2--then I knew it WAS right(as it looked just like the photo--but this day there were no ships in--so that part might have confused him. (as we were coming from PanAm pier to OSJ) none the less Jose was there & got right to the business of the learning.

He is VERY good about teaching you hands on--he picked me first--probably cause he saw my bruises (the CC group called me CRASH:eek: ) so I was a bit shaky at first on my legs (hard to relax) but I did fine as did the 3 others in our group. None of us fell or had any problems--and even my DH said he liked the tour--he mostly NEVER says anything..so THAT is great. I really much prefer the 2 hour tour to any shorter one--although we didn't have a short one--but it was so much fun I'd have hated to end it too soon..and we all wished we had more time. He has hired a 3rd employee for the high season which starts I believe today (Tuesday Oct 7)...and yes he has been hired on for RCCL to have his tour...either way it was a great tour & I would love to do it again. He is very thorough when taking you up or down an area where it is alot of area--he has some of us wait & takes 2 at a time--so he then has you wait while having the rest come up to regroup us all together (some cc folks thought I might not be able to do this & I say--I sure was & had no problems what so ever..so if "CRASH" can do it anyone can. The tour in El Morro had 77 stairs or there about in number (not remembering) but as I was having breathing problems due to the humidity... he very nicely let me take my time, he gave very good information during the tour & took pics--which as we just got home last night I haven't taken time to look into putting online yet...as I have 1400+ photos of the whole cruise--it will take a bit to do this.

So anyone not sure about doing this--DO IT--you won't be sorry--what a great way to travel.!!!!

Has anyone taken the 45 minute sightseeing tour? Did you feel like you saw everything you wanted to see? I'm debating about this tour and the 2 hour tour. I'm not sure it will hold my teenagers attention for 2 hours and I'm trying to stay on budget for the 6 of us

I really think all ages would like this tour--not 100% about teens--but I can't imagine them NOT liking it--although Jose DOES tell you NOT to "hotdog it"..or something to that effect. I think they will say they had a GREAT time..

We did the 45 minute tour last week - it was great! We wished we had done the 2 hour tour. However, the 45 minute tour was enough to see several things and learn some history. The Segways are a lot of fun and easy to use. I think the 2 hour tour would have taken us up to the fort - we didn't have enough time. I'm sure the teenagers would be fine with 2 hours - but 45 minutes was fun also if that is all you can afford.

Archived