Segway Tour

ducker

We are looking forward to the tour. I know that Pier 2 is where the Segways are located. Is it at the entrance to the Pier? I'm just a bit confused as to where to find Jose and his Segways.:confused:

Go to Pier 2. Look for the entrance to the Ferry Terminal. Don't go into the terminal itself. But look to the left down the short alleyway. The Segway Tour is right next to the water. If a ferry is in, then when you look at the ship you would see the Segway office right to the left of the ship. Does that make sense?

If you go to this link, you can see a Ferry docked. The Ferry Terminal itself is to the left of the ship. The Segway Office is right in front of the ferry and to it's right.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=san+juan,+pr&ie=UTF8&ll=18.463103,-66.112939&spn=0.00117,0.001424&t=h&z=19

Hope that helps.

Go to Pier 2. Look for the entrance to the Ferry Terminal. Don't go into the terminal itself. But look to the left down the short alleyway. The Segway Tour is right next to the water. If a ferry is in, then when you look at the ship you would see the Segway office right to the left of the ship. Does that make sense?

If you go to this link, you can see a Ferry docked. The Ferry Terminal itself is to the left of the ship. The Segway Office is right in front of the ferry and to it's right.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=san+juan,+pr&ie=UTF8&ll=18.463103,-66.112939&spn=0.00117,0.001424&t=h&z=19

Hope that helps.

It does! Thank you. I will copy your post and put it in my file.:)

Hi,

We arrive at 5pm and stay until midnight in San Juan. This tour looks like a whole lot of fun. I just e-mailed them (at Segway) asking, but I wondered if anyone here knows if we could do the tour during our short evening hours in San Juan, PR??:confused:

Thanks!

I tried to book a tour for the afternoon we our in port for our upcoming November LOS cruise and received the following response:

"All our allotments on 11/24 afternoon are being held by RCCL. Please check with them as they might have availability."

This tour does not show up as a shore excursion. I am very disappointed. :(

I tried to book a tour for the afternoon we our in port for our upcoming November LOS cruise and received the following response:

"All our allotments on 11/24 afternoon are being held by RCCL. Please check with them as they might have availability."

This tour does not show up as a shore excursion. I am very disappointed. :(

Jose has been trying to hook up with a line for along time. I will check with him and post here later.

Preston

Hi,

We arrive at 5pm and stay until midnight in San Juan. This tour looks like a whole lot of fun. I just e-mailed them (at Segway) asking, but I wondered if anyone here knows if we could do the tour during our short evening hours in San Juan, PR??:confused:

Thanks!

I did on Xmas day last year!

Jose has been trying to hook up with a line for along time. I will check with him and post here later.

Preston

You are correct. When we were in SJ in June, Jose told us he was trying to hook up with the cruise lines. Can't blame him, guaranteed source of income.

That being said, we had a 5:30 PM tour and it turned out to be just me and my wife. Jose was great! Best money we spent on a tour the whole cruise. We had done the canopy tour in the morning (which I loved and my wife was so-so). Would recommend Jose over any other tour. We did the Segway's in Bermuda and comparing the two, Jose was top notch.

Enjoy!:)

Just last week I booked Jose' for Nov. 22nd. The day of our return to San Juan after a week on the Serenade. I actually would like it if it were an option with RCI, instead we are wondering if we will make it off the ship and be able to make it to Jose's by 9:00 AM. We can't wait and do the noon tour as we have a 3:30 flight.

Any tips on how to get off the ship early enough to make it??

Just last week I booked Jose' for Nov. 22nd. The day of our return to San Juan after a week on the Serenade. I actually would like it if it were an option with RCI, instead we are wondering if we will make it off the ship and be able to make it to Jose's by 9:00 AM. We can't wait and do the noon tour as we have a 3:30 flight.

Any tips on how to get off the ship early enough to make it??

Your best bet would be to carry your own luggage off. However, the ship disembarkment is sometimes delayed. I would think you could make it, but there is a possibility you won't. Be sure to call Jose if it looks like you will be late.

Waterbug,

disembarkation on AOS is by number. A night or 2 before they will leave a piece of paper with your number in your cabin. Well, my kids got #1 and I got #4 :eek: I went to the purser's desk and told them and they just gave me more number 1's. So my point is, if you don't get #1, go to purser and ask to switch. I had made friends with a woman who worked there (can't remember her name but she was so nice all week :D ) so she's the one I went to for the switch. Other option is to ask your steward if you are friendly with him/her. They might be able to help. Good Luck! We love Jose's tour :D

The purser's desk is the same as guest relations or whatever they call it :eek: It's right at the end of the royal promenade and next to the excursion desk...you will have no trouble finding it...OMG just thinking about that ship makes me jealous that you're going and I'm not! :rolleyes: You are going to have a blast :D

As far as when to ask...on one of our other cruises, I asked our steward the day before we were to get the luggage tags in our cabin if there was any way we could get an early color. He of course told me not to tell ;) but he gave us light blue which at that time was the 2nd color being called. We were supposed to get a different color which would have gotten us off later, so he did us a favor. (and I gave him an extra tip ;) ) I think it really depends on who your steward is and what kind of relationship you have with them. We've had some stewards that were so friendly and would basically do anything for us and others that just did their job...no more, no less :rolleyes:

If you want an early number ticket on AOS, I would wait till you get them in the cabin and if they are not #1, go to purser's desk and ask if there's anyway they can switch for you. They have a stack of them behind the counter and had no problem replacing ours to match our kids. Being in group one on AOS got us off the ship around 8:30 and at the El San Juan before 9! Good Luck!

Ha Ha Waterbug,

I'm jealous because I miss the AOS which is what I thought you were going on...lol...but actually we loved PR also...I've never been on a radiance class ship but I heard they're really beautiful. Is this your first time on it?

Explorer leaves from Bayonne...going to San Juan, St. Thomas and Labadee :D I am really looking forward to it but we're only taking my 17 y/o with us...my older 2 are away at college :( I love it when we all go together! Believe me, I'm not complaining...and the only reason I get to go on 2 cruises in 1 year is b/c I'm turning 50 next week :eek: This 2nd cruise is my gift :D Otherwise I'd be waiting till next year.

Hola Preston,

We made a deal with RCCL and they will be offering our Tour as follows;

For Celebrity Cruises, they will only offer the Tour on the Solstice.

For Royal Caribbean, it will be for all ships except Adventure and Serenade

So, whenever they will be in port we will be getting the guests via their shore excursions department. We wont have at least for this upcoming season inventory to book by ourselves when the above ships will be in SJ.

Thank you very much for keeping in touch and following up.

Jose

Mob.787-598-9455

www.segwaytourspr.com

Hola Preston,

We made a deal with RCCL and they will be offering our Tour as follows;

For Celebrity Cruises, they will only offer the Tour on the Solstice.

For Royal Caribbean, it will be for all ships except Adventure and Serenade

So, whenever they will be in port we will be getting the guests via their shore excursions department. We wont have at least for this upcoming season inventory to book by ourselves when the above ships will be in SJ.

Thank you very much for keeping in touch and following up.

Jose

Mob.787-598-9455

www.segwaytourspr.com

I am having the same difficulty as others have mentioned here. I contacted Jose directly and was told that I needed to go through RCI to book this excurion, however it doesn't show up as one that can be booked. I contacted RCI and just keep getting the run around, can't get a straight answer from them on why it isn't showing:mad: . We would really like to do this tour and at this point don't want to give the extra $$ to RCI. Too bad for Jose, looks like he may be the one to loose out in the long run.

I am having the same difficulty as others have mentioned here. I contacted Jose directly and was told that I needed to go through RCI to book this excurion, however it doesn't show up as one that can be booked. I contacted RCI and just keep getting the run around, can't get a straight answer from them on why it isn't showing:mad: . We would really like to do this tour and at this point don't want to give the extra $$ to RCI. Too bad for Jose, looks like he may be the one to loose out in the long run.

Actually if you miss the tour it will be you missing out. I know how frustrating it is to give the ship more money. I have been forced to myself and try never to book through the cruise lines.

From the tour operator's perspective it is very difficult to become associated with the cruise line. I know Jose has been trying over a year. The rules he must follow are very tight.

I urge you to go with Jose. There is no better or more comfortable way to see OSJ.

Since it is a new tour for RCI it is probably just not posted on the website yet for pre-reservation. Keep checking. It may not even post online before your cruise. In that case you can surely reserve it at the reservation desk.

I just checked the port schedule and there are no RCI or Celebrity ships scheduled in port the day we have our tour reserved. I was worried we may get 'bumped'!:eek: Since we will be on Princess this time we would not have another option if there were a conflict.

Thanks all for the encouraging words. While I am not thrilled with giving the $$ to RCI with the run around I've gotten I do keep checking each and every day to see if this will show up. I asked them why it wasn't there and they couldn't give me an answer. They did say it was available, but they couldn't book it for me, I would have to wait.

Unfortunately I had started out with Jose before he had the contract with RCI but didn't book in time. I know its my own fault and keep kicking myself, but am truly frustrated with the responses I've gotten from RCI. Looking at this thread I'm not the only one that's having the same issue. I just hope it doesn't hurt Jose in the long run. We will find something else to do while in port if this doesn't pan out, but he may be out of customers if RCI doesn't get their act together. If all else fails we may just stop by his office when there to see what we can do!

Archived