Segway Tour

ducker

Has anyone done the segway tour in San Juan and if so is it worth it?

So worth it! When you dock you will be at the lowest elevation in OSJ. El Morro is at the highest point and riding is better than walking. E mail Jose and set it up. This is his country. Let him show you why he is so proud of it.

• 2 weeks later...
So worth it! When you dock you will be at the lowest elevation in OSJ. El Morro is at the highest point and riding is better than walking. E mail Jose and set it up. This is his country. Let him show you why he is so proud of it.

what is the website/email?

Intrigued by the segway tour.......

what is the website/email?

Intrigued by the segway tour.......

I e-mailed Jose, and am waiting for any 'old people' restrictions...:eek: :rolleyes:

If all is well, DW and I will be booking tomorrow..:) Anyone have any suggestions concerning the 45 minute tour or the 2 hour tour?

I was going to book the shorter one, in case DW or I had any 'learning' issues, but she wants the 2 hour..!!:p Anyone...??

Looks like FUN!!:D

GREAT TOUR !!!!!!!!!!!! My dad 67 chickend out and was kicking himself after walking all the way up to the fort:) My wife and I had a great time !!

what made him chicken out is there something scary about the segway i should know about being i am booked for the 2 hour tour?? please let me know

what made him chicken out is there something scary about the segway i should know about being i am booked for the 2 hour tour?? please let me know

When they said that they would have someone walk beside him if he wanted is when he decided no:) They actually put you through a pretty good bit of training before you get going. The only time you really need to be careful is when you step off the segway. There is nothing scary about them other then when you first step on them it takes a couple seconds to center your weight properly.

When they said that they would have someone walk beside him if he wanted is when he decided no:) They actually put you through a pretty good bit of training before you get going. The only time you really need to be careful is when you step off the segway. There is nothing scary about them other then when you first step on them it takes a couple seconds to center your weight properly.

ok im not worried i have plenty of weight to center

I've enjoyed Segway tours at Walt Disney World (way too much training time) and Barcelona (5 minutes training was fine even for first timer in our group). It is an awesome way to see the sights. We're booked for the 2 hour tour on our embarkation day next week.

I've enjoyed Segway tours at Walt Disney World (way too much training time) and Barcelona (5 minutes training was fine even for first timer in our group). It is an awesome way to see the sights. We're booked for the 2 hour tour on our embarkation day next week.

Jose trained me about 10 minutes and it was plenty. Have fun.

Those are the ONLY restrictions... !! I had heard there was an 'age' issue, but Jose said NO! :)

Also, the schedule on their website shows tours for the two hour at 9 AM, 12 Noon and 3 PM! The EOS is in port from 7 AM to 2 PM, so Jose changed the scheduling to 9 AM and 11 AM... We wanted the 9 AM, but it was full, (with a waiting list).. :eek: DW and I were able to get the last two spots on the 11 AM, and he guaranteed we'd be back to the ship with plenty of time to spare!.. :p (our next port is Bayonne, NJ, three days later)!

Really looking forward to it...:D

Those are the ONLY restrictions... !! I had heard there was an 'age' issue, but Jose said NO! :)

Thanks to all for the above info. We're a party of 10, ages 13 to 85 (in great health) and Jose will take us in two different groups. We arrive in port at 3 pm, so the two hour tours are out, but he is going to accommodate us on his one hour tours. No problem with the older folks going - ages 70, 80, 83 and 85.

You only live once!

I just came back on the Explorer of the Seas and the Segway tour is terrific. We did the 45 minute tour and it was great. Jose was great. We were a group of 8, so we did two groups of 4. First the girls went and he walked with us and gave us a great tour and took pictures of us. Then the boys went which included two 18 year old boys, so he took his Segway and did more fast touring to suit them.

I highly recommend them. I would make reservations before hand because they are getting very popular.

Archived