Other Than Berlin - What Did You Do?

Len3

Heinbloed..........you are a wealth of information. Thanks for all of it.:)

We want to board a train in Warnemunde and go to Rostock to catch a train to Bad Doberan to ride the "Molli" and then get the train back to Rostock. After exploring Rostock we will take the train back to Warnemunde. I think what we just need to do is read the departures and arrivals and get our tickets. Will you just take a minute and see if this is correct? Thanks

I am not sure if I am correct in saying we have to go to Rostock to catch a train to Bad Doberan...........is there a train that goes directly from Warnemunde to Bad Doberan?

There are two of us and I think buying the Landerticket or a Day Pass is the best way........which one? Does the Lander ticket or Day Pass cover all of our train rides? I know it doesn't cover the "Molli".

Thanks,

Carol

We want to board a train in Warnemunde and go to Rostock to catch a train to Bad Doberan to ride the "Molli" and then get the train back to Rostock. After exploring Rostock we will take the train back to Warnemunde. I think what we just need to do is read the departures and arrivals and get our tickets. Will you just take a minute and see if this is correct? Thanks

I am not sure if I am correct in saying we have to go to Rostock to catch a train to Bad Doberan...........is there a train that goes directly from Warnemunde to Bad Doberan?

No - but a bus with a scenic route!

There are two of us and I think buying the Landerticket or a Day Pass is the best way........which one? Does the Lander ticket or Day Pass cover all of our train rides? I know it doesn't cover the "Molli".

1. The Molli-Train is always a separate ticket.

2. Let's express it this way. If you want to move in the SEPTA-network in Greater Philadelphia you do not need to buy a statewide ticket which also covers Pittsburgh...

If you buy a Länderticket Mecklenburg-Vorpommern you can also go to "Pittsburgh".

If you buy a Day Pass then it's limited to Greater Philadelphia. And your destination in Bad Doberan is "in Greater Philadelphia".

So save the money for the Länderticket and just buy a Day Pass.

Regards,

HeinBloed

Thanks Heinbloed..........one thing I am confused about.........can we catch a bus directly to Bad Doberan from Warnemude or do we need to take the train to Rostock and then catch the bus to Bad Doberan.

We will buy the day pass as you suggest. Thanks.

Carol

Thanks Heinbloed..........one thing I am confused about.........can we catch a bus directly to Bad Doberan from Warnemude or do we need to take the train to Rostock and then catch the bus to Bad Doberan.

I am working for BAYER... to make sure that you buy Aspirine...

1. Walking 15 Minutes or taking one stop by train towards Rostock to Warnemünde Werft to catch the bus to Bad Doberan...

2. Taking the train to Rostock and catch the bus to Bad Doberan

(does not make too much sense: a) no scenic route / b) no frequent service)...

3. Taking the train to Rostock and catch the train towards Wismar to Bad Doberan...

So all options still available...

Would recommend to use bus from Warnemünde Werft to Bad Doberan and take the train via Rostock back. So you see more!

Regards,

HeinBloed

Thanks, we will take the train one stop and catch the bus to Bad Doberan. Have to go back and look at your pictures. They sure help.

Thanks, MightyQuinn...........can't read German, but can tell how much it costs and when it leaves and comes back. Will print it out.

Carol

• 5 weeks later...
I got instructions from a fellow cruiser in California who is caring about you might miss the way.

She asked me to repeat the posting of following link.

http://home.arcor.de/yao/BadDoberan.pdf

Hope she is satisfying with me...

Best regards,

HeinBloed

Dear Heinbloed,

You are so helpful to us. We will be arriving Warnemunde on May 20 with the Constellation.

I am travelling with my mom and she has walking immobility. We thus only plan to visit Rostock & Schewin (? where there is a castle). I am not sure whether we have sufficient time as the ship will leave at 9:00 in the evening. Please advise which is the best way to go to these two places. What kind of transportation, train or bus or which ticket type? I don't want the routing to be too complicated and to do a lot of transit.

Thanks very much for your great help.

By the way, do you have any link for ports of Copenhagen, Stockhom & Helsinki which shows us directions to places of interest ?

Thanks again.

Lucia

We will be arriving Warnemunde on May 20 with the Constellation.

I am travelling with my mom and she has walking immobility. We thus only plan to visit Rostock & Schewin (? where there is a castle). I am not sure whether we have sufficient time as the ship will leave at 9:00 in the evening. Please advise which is the best way to go to these two places. What kind of transportation, train or bus or which ticket type? I don't want the routing to be too complicated and to do a lot of transit.

Good Morning from Germany,

your Mom need to walk somehow as there will be steps to use before you get access to public transport.

Generally: what about driving yourself (car-rental)??? If you order by Hertz your Mom need only to get down from the ship. Normally Hertz is delivering the car just in front of the cruise-terminal.

Another option for your Mom: a driver guided limo tour (which you might share with other cruisers to reduce the price per passenger):

http://www.m-vp.de/2465/english/preise2.htm

It would also help you to get back.

If the mobility reduction allows also slow walks upto 30 minutes incl. using steps I would make following suggestion:

dep 09.37 hrs S1 train from Warnemünde (platform 4)

arr 09.58 hrs arr Rostock Hbf (= Central Station - fully accessible - platform 1)

dep 10.25 hrs IC 2373 from Rostock Hbf (platform 3)

arr 11.22 arr Schwerin Hbf (fully accessible)

If you need assistance we can order from German Railways!!! This service is free of charge!

Here is decribed how you around to the castle:

http://home.arcor.de/yao/Schwerin.pdf

There is a new offer in Schwerin:

Sightseeing Bus + Lake cruise (16 EUR pp)

dep 11.50 hrs from InterCity Hotel at Schwerin Central Station (look to the right once you are leaving the station building)

going to the pier at the castle:

dep 12.30 hrs Lake Cruise (Inseltour = Island Tour)

arr 13.45 hrs

Now you can walk into the castle to visit

Due to unpleasent schedule back to the station (you will always miss a train and have to wait a long time at the station) I would recommend to use a taxi back to Schwerin Central Station. It should cost just few Euros.

dep 16.15 hrs IC 2116 from Schwerin Hbf (platform 2)

arr 17.13 hrs at Rostock Hbf

http://home.arcor.de/yao/Rostock.pdf

Get down to the tram station

Look for tram

5 towards Lichtenhagen

6 towards Neuer Friedhof

Take any of the his two for three stops to Neuer Markt (New Market) and look around the historic buildings and doing some shoppings.

dep 19.02 Tram 5 from Lange Straße (towards Südblick)*

dep 19.04 Tram 5 from Neuer Markt (towards Südblick)*

arr 19.10 at Rostock Hbf

* subject where you are actually...

dep 19.31 S1 train from Rostock Hbf (platform 2)

arr 19.51 at Warnemünde

Time for dinner and saying good-bye to Germany.

I have put some extra time for the transit - so do not wonder about longer waitings but as I do not know the mobility reduction of you Mom I did not want to use extreme tough transfers within minutes.

The ticket to Schwerin will be 41.00 EUR (flexible use).

Discounted tickets are available on advance purchase:

http://www.bahn.de/international/view/en/index.shtml

Enter (left column on the top)

to: Schwerin Hbf

Date: 20.5.08

Time: 9.00

Click on "search"

Enter

Return journey:

Date: Tu, 20.5.08

Time: 16:00

Click on "via" (right of "Warnemünde" - Ignore red warning!)

Enter

Via(1)

Station/Stop: Rostock Hbf

Duration of stopover: 00:20

Click on "Return journey via a different station"

Click on "Add travellers" (at bottom of page)

Select a second traveller in the line below "1 adult", so that totally 2 adults are shown.

Click on "Search Connection"

The first connection is "your" connection.

Click on "Choose return trip"

Enter

Via(1)

Duration of stopover: 2:10

The second connection is "your" connection.

Subject availability you can choose

Saving Fares "Check availability" and you'll get 57.00 EUR (you and your Mom) - fixed trains - no free changes - only agains extra fee.

If you click

Normal Fare "Purchase"

you'll get the tickets for 81.00 EUR but you have full flexibility.

Currently discounted tickets are available for 57.00 EUR (1st class: 85.50 EUR).

There is a cheaper option to get to Schwerin by Regional Trains by using Day Passes but you'll need longer transit time and additional transfers.

Due to mobility reduction of your Mom I think it's more convenient to pay more and have less transfers.

This schedule will allow you to see both Schwerin and Rostock and you'll have breakfast and dinner onboard.

I hope that this is what you are looking for.

By the way, do you have any link for ports of Copenhagen, Stockhom & Helsinki which shows us directions to places of interest ?

Stockholm May 22:

should berth at STADSGÅRDEN

This website should be helpful for you:

http://www.stockholmtown.com/templates/indexpage____14883.aspx?epslanguage=EN

Helsinki May 23:

should berth at WEST HARBOUR (Hernesaari/Berth C)

http://www.portofhelsinki.fi/default.asp?docId=12739

Copenhagen May 28/29:

should berth at LANGELINIE (c192)

These websites should be helpful for you:

http://www.cmport.com/80256A3F004AD3CF/(AllDocsByDocId)/9681EEC6820FF65380256A3F005B69CF?OpenDocument

http://www.cruisecopenhagen.com

Have a great cruise in the Baltic Sea and a wonderful time in Germany!

Willkommen in Deutschland!

Welcome to Germany!

HeinBloed

Hi, HeinBloed,

Very grateful for all your help and info. of getting to Rostcok & Schwerin.

I am thinking that may be I am a bit greedy to take two places at one time especially with my mom.

I have some options to seek your kind advice :

(ONLY Rostock) I learnt from the this forum that it seems it is much easier to just go to Rostock alone, with a single ticket $1.7 (EURO) or a Day pass ($4.3). I am interested to take the ferry back to the berth and not sure whether we can use the day pass as well or have to buy separate tickets.

(ONLY Schwerin) - I remembered you suggested to us the Mecklenburg-Vorponnern Ticket which cost $24 (Euro), is this applicable for us to travel from Warnemunde to Schwerin round trip.

Last options : since we haven't been to any other places around Warnemunde, I don't bother going to other places like Wismar or Lubeck if all the connections are smoother and easier. Very appreciated if you could give us some advice.

My many thanks again for your kind assistance.

Have a good day !

Lucia

Good Morning from Germany,

your Mom need to walk somehow as there will be steps to use before you get access to public transport.

Generally: what about driving yourself (car-rental)??? If you order by Hertz your Mom need only to get down from the ship. Normally Hertz is delivering the car just in front of the cruise-terminal.

Another option for your Mom: a driver guided limo tour (which you might share with other cruisers to reduce the price per passenger):

http://www.m-vp.de/2465/english/preise2.htm

It would also help you to get back.

If the mobility reduction allows also slow walks upto 30 minutes incl. using steps I would make following suggestion:

dep 09.37 hrs S1 train from Warnemünde (platform 4)

arr 09.58 hrs arr Rostock Hbf (= Central Station - fully accessible - platform 1)

dep 10.25 hrs IC 2373 from Rostock Hbf (platform 3)

arr 11.22 arr Schwerin Hbf (fully accessible)

If you need assistance we can order from German Railways!!! This service is free of charge!

Here is decribed how you around to the castle:

http://home.arcor.de/yao/Schwerin.pdf

There is a new offer in Schwerin:

Sightseeing Bus + Lake cruise (16 EUR pp)

dep 11.50 hrs from InterCity Hotel at Schwerin Central Station (look to the right once you are leaving the station building)

going to the pier at the castle:

dep 12.30 hrs Lake Cruise (Inseltour = Island Tour)

arr 13.45 hrs

Now you can walk into the castle to visit

Due to unpleasent schedule back to the station (you will always miss a train and have to wait a long time at the station) I would recommend to use a taxi back to Schwerin Central Station. It should cost just few Euros.

dep 16.15 hrs IC 2116 from Schwerin Hbf (platform 2)

arr 17.13 hrs at Rostock Hbf

http://home.arcor.de/yao/Rostock.pdf

Get down to the tram station

Look for tram

5 towards Lichtenhagen

6 towards Neuer Friedhof

Take any of the his two for three stops to Neuer Markt (New Market) and look around the historic buildings and doing some shoppings.

dep 19.02 Tram 5 from Lange Straße (towards Südblick)*

dep 19.04 Tram 5 from Neuer Markt (towards Südblick)*

arr 19.10 at Rostock Hbf

* subject where you are actually...

dep 19.31 S1 train from Rostock Hbf (platform 2)

arr 19.51 at Warnemünde

Time for dinner and saying good-bye to Germany.

I have put some extra time for the transit - so do not wonder about longer waitings but as I do not know the mobility reduction of you Mom I did not want to use extreme tough transfers within minutes.

The ticket to Schwerin will be 41.00 EUR (flexible use).

Discounted tickets are available on advance purchase:

http://www.bahn.de/international/view/en/index.shtml

Enter (left column on the top)

to: Schwerin Hbf

Date: 20.5.08

Time: 9.00

Click on "search"

Enter

Return journey:

Date: Tu, 20.5.08

Time: 16:00

Click on "via" (right of "Warnemünde" - Ignore red warning!)

Enter

Via(1)

Duration of stopover: 00:20

Click on "Return journey via a different station"

Click on "Add travellers" (at bottom of page)

Select a second traveller in the line below "1 adult", so that totally 2 adults are shown.

Click on "Search Connection"

The first connection is "your" connection.

Click on "Choose return trip"

Enter

Via(1)

Duration of stopover: 2:10

The second connection is "your" connection.

Subject availability you can choose

Saving Fares "Check availability" and you'll get 57.00 EUR (you and your Mom) - fixed trains - no free changes - only agains extra fee.

If you click

Normal Fare "Purchase"

you'll get the tickets for 81.00 EUR but you have full flexibility.

Currently discounted tickets are available for 57.00 EUR (1st class: 85.50 EUR).

There is a cheaper option to get to Schwerin by Regional Trains by using Day Passes but you'll need longer transit time and additional transfers.

Due to mobility reduction of your Mom I think it's more convenient to pay more and have less transfers.

This schedule will allow you to see both Schwerin and Rostock and you'll have breakfast and dinner onboard.

I hope that this is what you are looking for.

Stockholm May 22:

should berth at STADSGÅRDEN

http://www.stockholmtown.com/templates/indexpage____14883.aspx?epslanguage=EN

Helsinki May 23:

should berth at WEST HARBOUR (Hernesaari/Berth C)

http://www.portofhelsinki.fi/default.asp?docId=12739

Copenhagen May 28/29:

should berth at LANGELINIE (c192)

These websites should be helpful for you:

http://www.cmport.com/80256A3F004AD3CF/(AllDocsByDocId)/9681EEC6820FF65380256A3F005B69CF?OpenDocument

http://www.cruisecopenhagen.com

Have a great cruise in the Baltic Sea and a wonderful time in Germany!

Willkommen in Deutschland!

Welcome to Germany!

HeinBloed

Following up on one of Zeitgeist's suggestions, rent a car (the St Petersburg Strasse office in Rostock will deliver the car to the little agency office right at the dock for real easypickup and return).

Drive west to Lubeck, sticking to two lane roads as much as possible.

Stop off in Heiligendamm and Wismar.

Get to Lubeck for late lunch and enjoy the lively main square and/or the riverfront.

Go to Niederegger's if you like marzipan or just want to see what kind of amazing statues they make out of marzipan.

Then come back on the autobahn. If you have time, detour off to Schwerin to see the huge golden castle.

Very leisurely day ambling through the German countryside and a nice change of pace from the daily barrage of big cities, cathedrals and palaces.

Is the Rent a Car location is a Hertz ?!? If it is, like I think, would it be better to make reservations through the internet before arrival and how do we let them know that I want the car to be delivered to Warnemunde Port ?!?

Thank you!

Herve

Hi, HeinBloed,

Very grateful for all your help and info. of getting to Rostcok & Schwerin.

I am thinking that may be I am a bit greedy to take two places at one time especially with my mom.

I have some options to seek your kind advice :

(ONLY Rostock) I learnt from the this forum that it seems it is much easier to just go to Rostock alone, with a single ticket $1.7 (EURO) or a Day pass ($4.3). I am interested to take the ferry back to the berth and not sure whether we can use the day pass as well or have to buy separate tickets.

(ONLY Schwerin) - I remembered you suggested to us the Mecklenburg-Vorponnern Ticket which cost $24 (Euro), is this applicable for us to travel from Warnemunde to Schwerin round trip.

Last options : since we haven't been to any other places around Warnemunde, I don't bother going to other places like Wismar or Lubeck if all the connections are smoother and easier. Very appreciated if you could give us some advice.

My many thanks again for your kind assistance.

bu ke qi...

Let's see how we can solve the problem...

For 25,00 EUR (inflation, i.e. + 1,00 EUR...) you'll buy the Länderticket Mecklenburg-Vorpommern... (and you can still find another three nice cruise-mates joining you and helping carrying your Mom around...)

And we just change the round to make it possible to see all: Rostock and Schwerin:

dep 09.07 hrs S1 train from Warnemünde (platform 2)

arr 09.28 hrs at Rostock Hbf (Central Station)

one ticket on the tram 5/6 to get to the city center is 1.70 EUR

so totally 6.80 EUR... (2 x 2 tickets for your Mom and you)

if you are a party of four or five it makes sense to buy day-pass for 12.80 EUR

dep 13.04 hrs RE 33010 from Rostock Hbf

arr 14.01 hrs at Schwerin Hbf

you can take tram 1 or bus 19, 51, 71 (what is going to the right direction if you are leaving the train station building...) for two stops to SCHLOSSBLICK (Castle view...)

From there it's a short walk to the castle/lake/pier for lake cruise...

one ticket on the tram 1/bus 19, 51,71 to the Castle view is 1.50 EUR

so totally 6.00 EUR... (2 x 2 tickets for your Mom and you)

no day passes for groups available

Lake cruise starts

15.00 hrs to 16.15 hrs (9.50 EUR pp)

so time enough to walk around and see the castle...

dep 17.51 hrs RE 33015 from Schwerin Hbf

arr 18.52 hrs at Rostock Hbf

dep 19.16 hrs S1 train from Rostock Hbf

arr 19.36 hrs at Warnemünde

So you can still see both for this little amount.

Regards,

HeinBloed

Is the Rent a Car location is a Hertz ?!? If it is, like I think, would it be better to make reservations through the internet before arrival and how do we let them know that I want the car to be delivered to Warnemunde Port ?!?

Yes - just visit http://www.hertz.com

Renting City: Rostock

Erase hook at "Search Major Airports Only"

Change "Select an Airline or Train" to "I am Arriving via Ship"

"Number" appears: Enter your ship's name.

"I Have a Discount (CDP), Coupon or Other Offer"

Click "Yes" and

"Submit"

--- next ---

"St. Petersburger Str." (3rd option)

Click on "Select for Reservation"

--- next ---

Subject you do not have a CDP of your own: enter

"Discount/CDP/Club Code": 656863 (But pssst....)

--- so just continue yourself ---

Make a printout of the booking confirmation

Fax confirmation to 011 49 381 7699642 and add following comment:

BITTE STELLEN SIE DEN WAGEN AM CRUISE CENTER IN WARNEMÜNDE ZU!

ANKUNFT: DD.MM.YYYY (USE THIS FORMAT UNLESS YOU DO NOT WANT YOUR CAR IN ANOTHER MONTH!!!), HH.MM UHR MIT MS SHIP'S NAME.

That's the safest way to communicate with them.

Regards,

HeinBloed

bu ke qi...

Let's see how we can solve the problem...

For 25,00 EUR (inflation, i.e. + 1,00 EUR...) you'll buy the Länderticket Mecklenburg-Vorpommern... (and you can still find another three nice cruise-mates joining you and helping carrying your Mom around...)

And we just change the round to make it possible to see all: Rostock and Schwerin:

dep 09.07 hrs S1 train from Warnemünde (platform 2)

arr 09.28 hrs at Rostock Hbf (Central Station)

one ticket on the tram 5/6 to get to the city center is 1.70 EUR

so totally 6.80 EUR... (2 x 2 tickets for your Mom and you)

if you are a party of four or five it makes sense to buy day-pass for 12.80 EUR

dep 13.04 hrs RE 33010 from Rostock Hbf

arr 14.01 hrs at Schwerin Hbf

you can take tram 1 or bus 19, 51, 71 (what is going to the right direction if you are leaving the train station building...) for two stops to SCHLOSSBLICK (Castle view...)

From there it's a short walk to the castle/lake/pier for lake cruise...

one ticket on the tram 1/bus 19, 51,71 to the Castle view is 1.50 EUR

so totally 6.00 EUR... (2 x 2 tickets for your Mom and you)

no day passes for groups available

Lake cruise starts

15.00 hrs to 16.15 hrs (9.50 EUR pp)

so time enough to walk around and see the castle...

dep 17.51 hrs RE 33015 from Schwerin Hbf

arr 18.52 hrs at Rostock Hbf

dep 19.16 hrs S1 train from Rostock Hbf

arr 19.36 hrs at Warnemünde

So you can still see both for this little amount.

Regards,

HeinBloed

I don't know how to express my heartful thanks to all your help to us. It's so nice of you to be always here to sort out our problems, especially me, a first time cruiser.

Sorry that I am not quite sure about all the ticket types and need some clarifications from you.

For the Landerticket Mecklenburg-Vorpommern ticket, does it cover the train travelling from Warnemunde-Rostock & Rostock-Schwerin then finally from Schwerin back to Warnemunde ?

If we can't find someone to share this ticket type, is there any alternative that we can buy a day pass or return ticket ?

As per my understanding, there are two portions that I need to buy separate tickets or a day-pass, i.e. from Rostock to the City Centre

& the other is from the Schwerin Station to the Castle View, right ?

Can the day pass you mentioned (cost $12.80 EUR) be used both in Rostock & Schwerin stations to the city centre or the Castle ? Are the tickets be purchased in advance in the machine or on the tram/bus ?

I am thinking that we may not join the lake cruise since we feel more comfortable to return to the ship earlier, what's the time of an earlier departure from Schwerin ?

By the way, I also noted you showed us before the direction from Amsterdam Cruise Terminal to the city centre, are all the main attractions in the city centre including the canal cruise ? It's a pity that we only got a few hours there.

With my many thanks again.

Best regards,

Lucia

I don't know how to express my heartful thanks to all your help to us. It's so nice of you to be always here to sort out our problems, especially me, a first time cruiser.

Sorry that I am not quite sure about all the ticket types and need some clarifications from you.

mei yo wen ti...

For the Landerticket Mecklenburg-Vorpommern ticket, does it cover the train travelling from Warnemunde-Rostock & Rostock-Schwerin then finally from Schwerin back to Warnemunde ?

Absolutely!!! 25 EUR and all is included...

If we can't find someone to share this ticket type, is there any alternative that we can buy a day pass or return ticket ?

A single ticket Warnemünde - Rostock - Schwerin is 16.10 EUR.

Return = 2 x single = 32.20 EUR...

25.00 EUR is the day pass for five persons...

subject you can have first your breakfast onboard and start after 09.00 hrs...

how would you decide???

As per my understanding, there are two portions that I need to buy separate tickets or a day-pass, i.e. from Rostock to the City Centre

& the other is from the Schwerin Station to the Castle View, right ?

Absolutely!

Can the day pass you mentioned (cost $12.80 EUR) be used both in Rostock & Schwerin stations to the city centre or the Castle ?

Unfortunately: no - you need seperate tickets for Rostock and Schwerin.

That's like using the MTR and once you change to KCR you need a new ticket...

Are the tickets be purchased in advance in the machine or on the tram/bus ?

You'll find on major stations ticket machines: please buy if available. Observe the other people if the punch/cancel/validate the tickets in a box in the tram. It's not like on MTR: you do it only once you board. Not when you leave!!!

If there is no ticket machine: buy in the tram: maybe there is a ticket machine inside or with the driver.

I am thinking that we may not join the lake cruise since we feel more comfortable to return to the ship earlier, what's the time of an earlier departure from Schwerin ?

every 2 hours, i. e. exactly 2 hours, 4 hours, 6 hours before you can the same connection. All others request upgraded tickets or an additional transfer.

By the way, I also noted you showed us before the direction from Amsterdam Cruise Terminal to the city centre, are all the main attractions in the city centre including the canal cruise ? It's a pity that we only got a few hours there.

Subject you do not like to swim... it's a very pleasant, nice and convenient way to discover Amsterdam. Especially as the "Gracht" (Dutch Canal) is very typical for Amsterdam. You will experience a very nice view as the boats have glass roofs.

Regards from Munich.

HeinBloed

Hi, HeinBloed,

Thanks again for your patience and help to solve my problems. One more question, regarding the group ticket $25 (Euro), will all five travellers need to be on the same routing and return at the same time, same train ? If so, that would be a problem.

You are from Munich, right ? I've been there in 2005 X'mas, a nice place but too cold at that time. How come you know Mandarin ? Have you been to Hong Kong ? Don't tell me that you are a chinese, ha, ha.

Have a good day !

Lucia

Thanks again for your patience and help to solve my problems. One more question, regarding the group ticket $25 (Euro), will all five travellers need to be on the same routing and return at the same time, same train ? If so, that would be a problem.

You need to travel together... but even alone, i.e. each of you buy one it's the cheapest way to get around.

You are from Munich, right ?
No - just travelling... from Heidelberg area...

I've been there in 2005 X'mas, a nice place but too cold at that time.
Currently it's something about 20°C and very sunny...

How come you know Mandarin ?
No comment...

Have you been to Hong Kong ?
looks like... or???

SPSkyline20Heck-vi.jpg

Don't tell me that you are a chinese, ha, ha.
No comment...

Regards,

HeinBloed

Hi, HeinBloed

Wish you are still here to help us.

See, I am greedy again because I have seen those beautiful pictures of Lubeck from your link and can't help to ask you for direction.

But you know, I want a more easy/smooth connection due to my mom's problem. I know I can only afford to go two places in one day. That's to pick two from Rostock, Schewrin & Lubeck. What would you suggest ?

With my heartful thanks again.

Lucia

Hi, HeinBloed

Wish you are still here to help us.

See, I am greedy again because I have seen those beautiful pictures of Lubeck from your link and can't help to ask you for direction.

But you know, I want a more easy/smooth connection due to my mom's problem. I know I can only afford to go two places in one day. That's to pick two from Rostock, Schewrin & Lubeck. What would you suggest ?

With my heartful thanks again.

Lucia

Good Morning from Kiel-Canal onboard of MS DELPHIN...

Under the circumstances that you are from Hong Kong I think that the combination

Lübeck - Schwerin

will best fit to your taste.

You will make new lifetime experiences.

You can substitute Rostock and Lübeck but Lübeck is nicer although both are classical Hanseatic Towns.

When are you leaving HKG???

I am on board and cannot provide you from here the same quality like normal. I am back "home" on Tuesday.

Regards,

HeinBloed

Hi, HeinBloed,

I am so glad to see you here again.

I will be leaving Hong Kong for London on Tuesday evening. I am not sure whether I can find a place for web surfing easily. Anyway, please email me the connections from the Pier to Lubeck and Schwerin.

Though I am from HK, I like historic places like those Old Towns and castles. That's why I know I will like Heidleberg (spelling ?) though I never visited it before.

My email address is luciayen2004@yahoo.com.h.k.

Thanks for your kind help again.

With my best regards,

Lucia

I will be leaving Hong Kong for London on Tuesday evening. I am not sure whether I can find a place for web surfing easily. Anyway, please email me the connections from the Pier to Lubeck and Schwerin.

I remember that you are in Warnemünde on May 20, 2008.

Buy a Länderticket Mecklenburg-Vorpommern for 25.00 EUR

PLUS a single ticket (per Person) from Warnemünde to Rostock Hbf to cover the time until 09.00 am:

1.70 EUR (2 Zones - from Warnmünde to Rostock - Single Tickets / Einzelfahrkarte) - only against cash. Have change with you.

Do not forget to punch/cancel/validate ticket in yellow/orange boxes!!!

German Railways is upgrading the ticket machines - therefore these instructions are from last year (with last year's price):

But you'll manage it.

http://home.arcor.de/yao/DB-Local-Ticket-Machine.pdf

and to buy Länderticket Mecklenburg-Vorpommern:

http://home.arcor.de/yao/DB-Long-Distance-Ticket-Machine-MV.pdf

If the newest machines are available check on touchscreen for

"Verkehrsverbund Warnow"

to buy single tickets to Rostock.

Please start as follows:

dep 08.22 hrs S1 train from Warnemünde (platform 3)

arr 08.43 hrs in Rostock Hbf (Central Station - platform 2)

dep 09.04 hrs RE 33006 from Rostock Hbf (platform 6)

arr 09.50 hrs in Bad Kleinen (platform 3)

dep 10.02 hrs RE 21612 from Bad Kleinen (platform 3)

arr 10.54 hrs in Lübeck Hbf

dep 14.01 hrs RE 5313 from Lübeck Hbf (platform 2)

arr 14.56 hrs in Bad Kleinen (platform 1)

dep 15.01 hrs RE 33131 from Bad Kleinen (platform 4)

arr 15.13 hrs in Schwerin Hbf

Return from Schwerin to Warnemünde as advised before!

Though I am from HK, I like historic places like those Old Towns and castles.

Two pictures from yesterday from Lübeck.

2008Delphin998Luebeck-vi.jpg

2008Delphin999Luebeck-vi.jpg

Therefore I am quite optimistic that you will like Schwerin and Lübeck.

To get around in Lübeck:

http://home.arcor.de/yao/Luebeck.pdf

Regards,

HeinBloed

I am working for BAYER... to make sure that you buy Aspirine...

1. Walking 15 Minutes or taking one stop by train towards Rostock to Warnemünde Werft to catch the bus to Bad Doberan...

2. Taking the train to Rostock and catch the bus to Bad Doberan

(does not make too much sense: a) no scenic route / b) no frequent service)...

3. Taking the train to Rostock and catch the train towards Wismar to Bad Doberan...

So all options still available...

Would recommend to use bus from Warnemünde Werft to Bad Doberan and take the train via Rostock back. So you see more!

Regards,

HeinBloed

Hein - I need some of those headache tablets too. Please, once again can you clarify exactly how to do this trip....

Catch train one stop from Warnemunde to Warnemunde Werft - what sort of ticket do you buy and how much?

Catch the bus to Bad Doberan - again how much and what number bus is it and where do you catch it from?

Ride the Molli train from Bad Doberan to where??? - how much is a ticket?

Catch a train from where ??? to Rostock and then the train back to Warnemunde.

Is it possible to do this trip to include Lubeck too - your pictures inspired me to visit there.

Sorry if you have answered this before but I am just getting confused by all the info on these sites and would like to have it in one place! Thanks

Hein - I need some of those headache tablets too. Please, once again can you clarify exactly how to do this trip....

Catch train one stop from Warnemunde to Warnemunde Werft - what sort of ticket do you buy and how much?

Catch the bus to Bad Doberan - again how much and what number bus is it and where do you catch it from?

Ride the Molli train from Bad Doberan to where??? - how much is a ticket?

Catch a train from where ??? to Rostock and then the train back to Warnemunde.

Is it possible to do this trip to include Lubeck too - your pictures inspired me to visit there.

Sorry if you have answered this before but I am just getting confused by all the info on these sites and would like to have it in one place! Thanks

Which ship?

When?

How many persons (if with children: age???)?

Subject you do not go to Lübeck: Intention to stop in Rostock and walk around?

Subject you do not go to Lübeck: Intention to make one way by ship to/from Rostock???

Regards,

HeinBloed

Archived