Big time residency discount!

lynn47

I drive my hubby crazy always being on my computer checking RCCL with discounts. But it has paid off twice already and he is thrilled! Originally we booked an inside cabin and later got a price reduction. But I wasnt happy with that room so I paid myself to upgrade to a balcony. I wanted this to be a surprise for him and my daughter. So with my constant price checking on the RCCL website, I found they were offering a PA. residency discount. I called my TA asap and I am now saving another $780! I was thrilled! My TA told me that I am now paying the same price for my 13 night Italy/Croatia cruise as some of her other clients are paying for their 7 night cruise! WOOHOO!!

How do you check specifically for residency discounts?

When doing a search on the RCCL website, just make sure to select your state. If there are residency discounts, you will see a "Special Pricing Deals" icon next to the date with the discount. You will need to look at the pricing page that shows each category to find which one has the discount on it.

I just keep checking the cruise I'm already booked on to see if the prices dropped. Last November because the the Can. Dollar was so high our Meditteranean cruise went down about $1500. That means our excursions are covered:) :) I'll have to start checking the other links too.

When doing a search on the RCCL website, just make sure to select your state. If there are residency discounts, you will see a "Special Pricing Deals" icon next to the date with the discount. You will need to look at the pricing page that shows each category to find which one has the discount on it.

Thanks, that's what I thought. I was wondering if there was a faster way to do it. LOL. There never seems to be residency rates for MA...

I always check by using the quick search on the main page. Just like I would if I were making a new reservation. Unfortunately, my sailing is so booked that there are no discounts on any cabin other than an occasional inside cabin. I don't expect a discount at all:( . I would, however appreciate a visit from the upgrade fairy:D

Thanks, that's what I thought. I was wondering if there was a faster way to do it. LOL. There never seems to be residency rates for MA...

We found one last year around this time for MA for our June 07 cruise so I am hoping we find one for our June 08 cruise too. :p We ended up going from an E1 to a D1 aft corner and got a credit of $580.

We found one last year around this time for MA for our June 07 cruise so I am hoping we find one for our June 08 cruise too. :p We ended up going from an E1 to a D1 aft corner and got a credit of $580.

I stand corrected, and am a little hopeful:D

But we are cruising during President's Week, so I doubt there will be discounts, as much of MA heads south. Anyone have experience w/getting a discount on a school break week?

We weren't planning to do a Med cruise until next spring, but last Wed (?) I got an email notice from a TA that there was a 1 day sale with RCCL where the airfare was included. Now I'm not one to pass up a bargain so we're going this fall instead. We've got an 11 day Med cruise in a D cabin with all the extras included except gratuities for less than we paid for our Panama canal cruise in an E balcony. :D

2P.P1

Does anyone know why the MO discount won't come up at all when I go to RCI web site? It is listed on the promo wave for June 1 (our date) and for MO but when I put in Mo for the pricing it does not come up. If I put in that I am a senior that discount shows. Thanks! I think the price is more than we paid booking early but I would like to know for sure!

Does anyone know why the MO discount won't come up at all when I go to RCI web site? It is listed on the promo wave for June 1 (our date) and for MO but when I put in Mo for the pricing it does not come up. If I put in that I am a senior that discount shows. Thanks! I think the price is more than we paid booking early but I would like to know for sure!

It could be that the discount is only on one category of cabin with a specific number of occupants, like a D1 for 2 but not a D1 for 3-4. I would play with the number of occupants in the cabin to see if you can get it to pop up.

I have noticed that there are more residency discounts for 2 person cabins than for larger cabins.

I drive my hubby crazy always being on my computer checking RCCL with discounts. But it has paid off twice already and he is thrilled! Originally we booked an inside cabin and later got a price reduction. But I wasnt happy with that room so I paid myself to upgrade to a balcony. I wanted this to be a surprise for him and my daughter. So with my constant price checking on the RCCL website, I found they were offering a PA. residency discount. I called my TA asap and I am now saving another $780! I was thrilled! My TA told me that I am now paying the same price for my 13 night Italy/Croatia cruise as some of her other clients are paying for their 7 night cruise! WOOHOO!!

What the heck is a PA....I have no clue.:eek:

Archived