All Things Freedom of the Seas!

Yes, reservations can be made for the shows onboard. You can make them in advance using the Pre-Cruise Planner on the Royal Caribbean web site when looking at your reservation when they've opened up reservations for the shows. I don't recall whether you can make reservations after you board. There's a "Planning Event" on the Royal Promenade on Day 1 from 1:30 - 3:00 (according to my Cruise Compass from March), but I don't know whether that's for show reservations or exploring the dining options.

No, not entirely. There aren't the individual folios like on Oasis and Allure. There are computer terminals, however, where you can swipe your SeaPass and order reprints of your photos there. Otherwise, all the pictures are organized by event/activity on the many walls in the photo area and it's time to play the wonderful games of "Where am I?" and "Is this photo mine?".

Thanks for the info. I will start checking for the shows. I found that to be so easy when we went on Oasis. As far as the pictures go, I wish all their ships did the albums, sure was easy to find the pics! :D

Is the Ice show the same as the ice show on Oasis or Allure..are any of the production shows the same..have sailed Oasis twice, Allure once and looking for a slight change.

The shows are all different from what you've seen before on the Oasis and Allure. I believe that each ship has her own set of shows.

FYI we had ice show tickets booked and they changed them after we were on board. Thanks to someone on oujr Meet and Mingle group we found out about the changes. I would suggest booking all of your shows in advance. Our May sailing had very few empty seats. The entertainment on the ship was very, very good.

I read they have enclosed Boleros that is is now a room also on another thread someone was saying it is smokefree. Have you sailed since the drydock and is it smokefree? Hubby likes to smoke LOL

Boleros is on deck 4 surrounding the aft Centrum. The bar area is Port side along with the bandstand and dance area. There are seating areas around the bar. This area is Non Smoking. The rest of the lounge is on the Starboard side of the Centrum and may be Smoking.

....Contemplating squeezing in a Freedom cruise this fall...Peeking in to read this fab thread! Its going to take some time! :)

Hope you can swing it! We're sailing October 21st. There's a really active thread for that sailing.

• 2 weeks later...

Most of the shows are 7pm and 9pm. The Welcome Board show is 7pm only. The ice shows are at scattered times throughout the week. There are a few late night shows like the adult comedy show and Quest.

On the first formal night, the show times tend to be shifted to accommodate the Captain's Reception. During our sailing, the show times were 9pm and 10:45pm.

Edited by Daghis

Most of the shows are 7pm and 9pm. The Welcome Board show is 7pm only. The ice shows are at scattered times throughout the week. There are a few late night shows like the adult comedy show and Quest.

On the first formal night, the show times tend to be shifted to accommodate the Captain's Reception. During our sailing, the show times were 9pm and 10:45pm.

Thanks for the info ,So I think a 6:30 dinner will work .

What excursions are recommended for Freedom of the Seas western caribbean?

We have never booked excursions through the cruise line, but on our last DCL Western, we did Mr Sancho's in Cozumel - all you can eat and drink for $50pp adults and less for children. Beach was very nice, we had our private palapa table, plus lounge chairs. Very safe feeling, nice clean pool with swim up bar - we loved it!

In Grand Cayman we booked a private tour of Stingray City, snorkeling, Rum Point and Starfish Beach through Fat Fish Adventures and I HIGHLY recommend them! Great captain kept us away from the crowds by changing his itinerary if he saw a lot of boats at a spot where he was headed. We are using them again (and requested Captain Jordan again!) on our next Western in March!

I know nothing about excursions in Jamaica or Labadee but I'll be content to just hop off the ship and find some real jerk chicken in jamaica..... :D

Oh my goodness! Your poor daughter. Hopefully she was still able to enjoy the cruise.

Very glad to hear the medical staff was able to assist. I always wondered what they could actually do onboard.

We're sailing Eastern on June 2, 2013--what's the best night to skip the dining room and do a specialty meal instead? And which is better, Chops or Portofino?

Thanks for indulging our year-long countdown!

We're sailing Eastern on June 2, 2013--what's the best night to skip the dining room and do a specialty meal instead? And which is better, Chops or Portofino?

Thanks for indulging our year-long countdown!

Others may disagree, but I feel like the last night is by far the weakest night in the dining room. We skipped the last night for Portofino a few weeks ago and we were thrilled with our experience. It was the perfect way to end the cruise.

We haven't done Chops in a few years and this was our first time at Portofino. It's a toss up as in terms of quality and presentation in my opinion. I had the filet in Portofino and my wife had the seafood skewer and both were cooked and seasoned to perfection. The cut of beef was just as good as Chops even though Portofino is only $20 (Chops is $30), so I feel like Portofino is a better value.

Bottom line, we couldn't pick a favorite, so we are booking both at least once on our upcoming cruise on Navigator ;). But, we will definitely do a specialty restaurant on the last night.

Edited by kruzerci

Anyone know anything about the location of room 6550 on the FOS? Sailing 9/2/12

We had that room except on the starboard side a few years ago. Great room, I would book it again in a heartbeat. It's close to the forward elevators and quiet.

Please forgive me for not reading the whole thread. I'm sure this has been answered a dozen times but I'm looking for the Eastern Compass's on Freedom if anyone knows where I can find them. Would really appreciate it! We are sailing September 23rd, 2012 with a great group of Freedom Pirates!

E-Beth

Please forgive me for not reading the whole thread. I'm sure this has been answered a dozen times but I'm looking for the Eastern Compass's on Freedom if anyone knows where I can find them. Would really appreciate it! We are sailing September 23rd, 2012 with a great group of Freedom Pirates!

E-Beth

Hi -

I posted them here a couple months ago after we got back from our Eastern Caribbean cruise, they are not for every single day but I did have 3 or 4 days covered. I will see if I can find them.

Update: there you go :-)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=33406547#post33406547

Enjoy your cruise! :-)

Edited by MKESail

We will be going on the FOS next July --- I am only familiar with the Radiance Class. Can someone tell me or direct me to a place where I can find out what additional food venues have a cost associated with them.

Thanks in advance for your kindness.

Karen

I have a couple of questions regarding food since I finally just got my husband to discuss the dining and he nearly flipped when I talked about taking khakis and dress shoes for the bare minimum of formal dress. Therefore, it looks like Windjammer for evening meals for us. I was thinking that the WJ served the same thing as the main dining room, is that correct?

Also, in the Jade, they change cuisines-do they have a Vietnam night and do they serve pho? Also, is there bubble tea? Is there bubble tea in St Thomas maybe? I am used to vacationing in California and just like it every once in awhile. I can get it in Kansas City, but it is a vacation drink for me.

Umm, another food question and I'll quit-is there deep dish pizza at Sorrento's? They closed the closest Pizzaria Uno and I really miss that. Thanks so much for any help!