All Things Freedom of the Seas!

Yes, they were equal. 7336 bowed in a little from mine. Friends had 6338,40, and 42. 42 was bowed in the most.

On another note, if you buy Alcohol in St. Thomas make sure you watch them pack your liquor before you pick it up. We received one whole box of someone else's liquor instead of ours. So we are without 6 bottles and got someone else's order of liquors that we don't drink. I am so angry and all they will do is refund our money! They say they will no longer ship liquor!

Cheryl

Thanks again for the info!

Bummer about the alcohol mix up, sorry to hear that.

I am glad I did not have that happen to us when we were there.

FOTS will be our very first RCI cruise ever (always done Carnival in the past :o )!!!!

We will be on the Eastern Caribbean, 7-night, leaving from Port Canaveral on April 19, 2015.

Since I'm a planner who likes to have everything ready (why make choices and stress about reservations while traveling when you could use that time to relax in between doing fun things?!?), I need a little guidance... I'm basically looking for sample menus for the various restaurants/dining rooms, the most recent version of the Compass for this particular itinerary, the best excursions to do in CocoCay, St. Thomas, & St. Maarten (all new ports for us; side note, is there anywhere to buy knockoff designer bags, glasses, etc. in any of these ports like there is in the terribly run-down Nassau? I'm a sucker for faux LV), shows/nightlife onboard, and the "inside-scoop" if you will on bars/drink specials/lounges/etc. It'll just be us two adults this time, so, no need for info on kids activities. ;)

Please help me, Freedom Experts! We are at your mercy!!!

The market on St. Thomas has many designer knock-offs. It is right by Charlotte Amalie's main shopping district along the water.

We always rent a jeep in St. Thomas and go to Magen's Bay or take the ferry from Red Hook and spend the day at Trunk Bay on St. John.

On St. Maarten we usually go to Le Galion beach because it is family-friendly (we always travel with our two children). We like shopping in St. Maarten as well.

Edited by Sun and Fun

FOTS will be our very first RCI cruise ever (always done Carnival in the past :o )!!!!

We will be on the Eastern Caribbean, 7-night, leaving from Port Canaveral on April 19, 2015.

Since I'm a planner who likes to have everything ready (why make choices and stress about reservations while traveling when you could use that time to relax in between doing fun things?!?), I need a little guidance... I'm basically looking for sample menus for the various restaurants/dining rooms, the most recent version of the Compass for this particular itinerary, the best excursions to do in CocoCay, St. Thomas, & St. Maarten (all new ports for us; side note, is there anywhere to buy knockoff designer bags, glasses, etc. in any of these ports like there is in the terribly run-down Nassau? I'm a sucker for faux LV), shows/nightlife onboard, and the "inside-scoop" if you will on bars/drink specials/lounges/etc. It'll just be us two adults this time, so, no need for info on kids activities. ;)

Here are the MDR menus for Freedom Eastern...

Day 1 SUNDAY - MOJO

Strawberry Kiwi and Pineapple

Smoked Fish Rillettes

Eggplant and Artichoke Tart Toasted Farro and Lamb Broth

Asian Coconut Seafood Soup

Watermelon Pudding

Spinach Salad

Steak and Spinach Salad

Seafood Spaghetti

Horseradish Crushed Fillet of Atlantic Salmon

Mojo Marinated Grilled Pork Chop

Slow Roasted Prime Rib

Soft Shell Tortillas

Moist Almond Cake

Carrot Cake

Blueberry Peach Crumble

Low Fat Mango Pudding

Sugar Free Strawberry Charlotte

Day 2 - MONDAY SAFFRON - Formal Night

Shaved Cantaloupe and Honeydew melon

Bay Scallop Gratin

Oakwood Smoked Chicken Breast

Lobster Bisque

Chicken Consommé

Chilled Banana and Rum Soup

Roman Vignole Salad

Grilled Salmon Vignole Salad

Shrimp Ravioli

Pan Fried Fillet of Barramundi

Roasted Duck

Carved Beef Tenderloin

Artichoke Filled Crepes au Gratin

Bittersweet Chocolate Soufflé

Double Strawberry Cheesecake

Sky High Lemon Meringue Pie

Low Fat Berry Bliss

Sugar Free Chocolate Pot De Creme

Day 3 - TUESAY SHIITAKE

Spinach Dip

Seafood Ceviche

Seared Beef Carpaccio

New England Clam Chowder

Hot Harira Soup

Chilled Mango and Pineapple Soup

Garden Salad

Chicken Caesar

Shrimp Gyoza

Pan Seared Fillet of Sole

Roasted Rack of Lamb

Veal Scaloppine Oscar

Conchiglioni Pasta

Two Tone Chocolate Praline Finger

Strawberry Kiwi Pavlova

Warm Chocolate Cake

Low Fat Panna Cotta

Sugar Free Chocolate Coconut Terrine

Day 4 - WEDNESDAY PIMIENTO

Caprese Salad

Arancini

Antipasti

Creamy Roasted Garlic Soup

Minestrone

Chilled Strawberry bisque

Insalata Mista

Lasagna Al Forno

Tiger Shrimp

Chicken Marsala

Grilled Veal T-Bone Steak Al Pepe Verde

Eggplant Parmigiana

Sticky Bread and Butter Pudding

Tiramisu

Dessert Sampler

Low Fat Lemon Yogurt Cake

Sugar Free Strawberry Romanoff

Day 5 - THURSDAY BASIL

Summer Fruit Medley

Crab Cake

Smoked Duck Breast

Cream of Mushroom

Fish and Tomato Chowder

Chilled Honeydew Melon Soup

Arugula and Bosc Pear Salad

Arugula and Bosc Pear Salad ( yes the same only larger)

Orecchiette Pasta

White Miso Brushed Cod Fillet

Chicken Cordon Bleu

Greek Vegetarian Moussaka

Jaffa Cake

Rum Baba

Cherries Jubilee

Low Fat Strawberry Trifle

Sugar free Red Berry Tart

Day 6 - FRIDAY - JASMINE Formal Night

Creamed Wild Mushrooms

Seafood Salad - Good

Duck and Port Wine Terrine

Roasted Poblano Pepper and Corn Soup

Double Duck Consommé

Roasted Peach Soup

House Salad

Snow Crab Salad

Three Cheese Tortellini

Fisherman's Plate

Braised Beef Duo

Thai Chicken Breast

Soy Meatballs

Grand Marnier Soufflé

Ivory Chocolate Mousse

Baked Alaska

Low Fat Angle Food Cake

Sugar Free Coconut and Lychee Semifreddo

Day 7 - SATURDAY POMODORO

Eggplant and Kalamata Olive Tartare

Pan Seared Sea Scollops and Chorizo

Spanish Tapas Plate

Lentil and Rosemary Soup

French Onion Soup

Chilled Pineapple and Lychee Soup

Tomato and Baked Feta Cheese Salad

Tandoori Chicken Salad

Rigatoni Pasta

Fish, Seafood and Chips

Roasted Turkey

Rosemary Lamb Shank

Sweet and Sour Premium Vegetarian Chicken Chunks

Pear Chocolate Crisp

Key Lime Pie - great reviews

Frozen Strawberry Soufflé

Low Fat Warm Apple Dome

Sugar Free Key Lime Slice

And here is a link to more. Just click on View Desktop Version at the very bottom. :)

Edited by ciera123

Congrats, you will love the Freedom! We live near the port and cruised on her las November, but are trying out Indy this weekend for 8 nights. For drinks, it really depends on how much you drink. Prices just went up quite a bit, but only you can know whether a package is right. On royal, you can get one package for one person, and none for the other so that option is good for us. I always loved the Champagne bar which I heard is gone now. We always got most of our dinners there the guys knew my order every time. Olive or Twist is great for sail away and night times, great views.

Coco Cay- I've missed last two cruises due to weather so no help there.

St Thomas- agree with going to St Johns via the ferry. Trunk bay is great and a neat little town as well.

St Maarten- one of my favorite ports. If you've never been, consider catching a cab to Maho and watching planes. Go to Sunset and get some chairs there. They have a bar and food as well. Bigger planes are usually in the afternoon but they have a schedule at Sunset. Afterwards, head back to Philipsburg and walk around. Lots of places to shop, look around in, or grab a beer if so inclined. Looking forward to this one again next week.

We love Royal, no doubt you will too. Enjoy!

Sun and Fun, I am SO happy to hear that about the shopping! I'm a shopaholic. :cool: As for the jeep rental, how much does that generally cost you guys?

ciera123, Thank you so much for that! Everything looks so tasty! The link doesn't seem to have shown up though? :confused:

iahawkfan21, Thank you for all of the recommendations. I have a feeling St. Maarten will end up being one of our favorites too! :D

We always rent a jeep in St. Thomas and go to Magen's Bay or take the ferry from Red Hook and spend the day at Trunk Bay on St. John.

QUOTE]

We have done the eastern route twice, and both times have taken the ferry from Red Hook to St. John. On our first cruise there, a waitress at a little restaurant right by the ferry dock recommended that we try Cinnamon Bay. It was much quieter than Trunk Bay and a little more secluded. It is not a long ride to get there. If you are looking for a place to relax and get away from the masses, I highly recommend Cinnamon Bay.

QUOTE]

We have done the eastern route twice, and both times have taken the ferry from Red Hook to St. John. On our first cruise there, a waitress at a little restaurant right by the ferry dock recommended that we try Cinnamon Bay. It was much quieter than Trunk Bay and a little more secluded. It is not a long ride to get there. If you are looking for a place to relax and get away from the masses, I highly recommend Cinnamon Bay.

just curious those that have gone to st john... have you done this with a noon arrival into st thomas? that is our arrival time on FOS and seems like to much work for such a short amount of time?

just curious those that have gone to st john... have you done this with a noon arrival into st thomas? that is our arrival time on FOS and seems like to much work for such a short amount of time?

We've done it on our own before, but we had the whole day in port. Since we're arriving at noon, we're taking the ship excursion St John Cruise and Beaches for the transportation ONLY. The ship picks us up at the dock, instead of having to go over to Red Hook. Less stress, and (in my opinion) more time on St John. :)

Edited by ciera123

Those of you who followed Freedom (and other ships) azipod issues, you may want to watch the newest Might Cruise Ship show on the Smithsonian Channel. The show was about Celebrity's Solstice, but in one segment they show a crew member crawling into the vertical section of an azipod while the ship was in port, but not dry docked.

We have never sailed on the Freedom but will be aboard next March. Can anyone tell me what the "free" options are other than the buffet?

No extra charge for Cafe Promenade and Sorrento's.

ciera123, Thank you so much for that! Everything looks so tasty! The link doesn't seem to have shown up though? :confused:

So sorry....Here's a link. Go to the restaurant you're interested in (these are not all available on FOTS) and click sample menu. :)

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/experiencetypes/category.do?pagename=onboard_cat_dining_options