where in ocho rios does the ship dock

medcoder

We have a friend who arranged a lunch at the place he always stays at in Ocho Rios, the Jamaica Inn. I am not sure how far that is from where the Coral Princess docks. If I knew that I could mapquest to the Inn. Does anyone know the answer to this? Thanks in advance.

We have a friend who arranged a lunch at the place he always stays at in Ocho Rios, the Jamaica Inn. I am not sure how far that is from where the Coral Princess docks. If I knew that I could mapquest to the Inn. Does anyone know the answer to this? Thanks in advance.

Here is the docking info, maybe a recent cruiser can let you know which pier the Coral docks at.

ochiemap.jpg

ochieberthtable.gif

Jamaica Inn, situated on six beachside acres two miles east of Ocho Rios, aptly calls itself “a small grand hotel.”

On the Caribbean Princess cruise we took in Oct. we docked at the pier labeled "Reynolds" in the map in the post above. This pier is also known as the "James Bond" pier. If you are a james bond movie fan you will understand why.

The berth 1 and 2 piers are fairly close and all three are close to "down town" ocho rios. If you are in reasonably good health the farthest pier (james bond) is a 20-30 minute walk from downtown Ocho Rios. Taxis are readily available.

We docked at Turtle Bay our first cruise. Nice walk to the shopping area.

We docked at the hideous James Bond pier in March (pictured above). Nothing visibly nearby. Luckily we had an excursion that day.

And these both on the Star, same itinerary.

Would it be safe for a woman to walk alone to the Island Village from the James Bond Pier or is it better to take a cab? I love to walk, but last time I was in Ocho Rios (7 years ago), you couldn't walk anywhere without constantly being harrassed by cab drivers and other men. Just wondering if things have changed for the better since then.

Would it be safe for a woman to walk alone to the Island Village from the James Bond Pier or is it better to take a cab? I love to walk, but last time I was in Ocho Rios (7 years ago), you couldn't walk anywhere without constantly being harrassed by cab drivers and other men. Just wondering if things have changed for the better since then.

I walked back from Island Village with my hubby, but I would not have let her do so on her own. There was a homeless guy sleeping on a bench(no big deal, see it in Boston all the time) but this is unfamiliar territory. Although it took us 5-7 minutes to get back with a few picture stops, I wouldnt reccomend doing it by yourself as there are not many poeple on the street.

We went to Dunns River Falls(amazing) and then got dropped off and Island Village. I liked the Brown Cow, a bar at Island Village, stop and have a quick drik if you'd like. I never felt threatened at any point in Jamaica.

Archived