Pinnacle Grill reservations now $20 online

AAL

I just spoke to Ships Services regarding the PG reservations I made online last week (for $30 pp) and was told that the price dropped to $20 pp as of last Friday. They gave me a $10 shipboard credit for each reservation.

I didn't think to ask whether the lower price is just for online reservations.

Seems that indeed the PG price has been reduced to $20/person. Did a pretend dinner reservation for our December sailing, and it came up at the lower amount. Played with several days of our cruise, both sea and port days, and it seems that lunch reservations are not currently offered for our sailing so I don't know what that price may be.

I just spoke to Ships Services regarding the PG reservations I made online last week (for $30 pp) and was told that the price dropped to $20 pp as of last Friday. They gave me a $10 shipboard credit for each reservation.

I didn't think to ask whether the lower price is just for online reservations.

I always thought the $30 charge was a bit too much. How do you make reservations for the Pinnacle Grill online? I looked on the website, but didn't see it???

Thanks,

Kel

I always thought the $30 charge was a bit too much. How do you make reservations for the Pinnacle Grill online? I looked on the website, but didn't see it???

Thanks,

Kel

Through the "gifts" section. This is the link to buy a gift for someone else. I forgot my username/password so I can't log in to the booked guest section to give you another link.:o This .pdf lists Pinnacle as $20. As I understand--you pay for the dinner but still have to reserve the day/time once you board?

https://book.hollandamerica.com/pdfs/onboard/Gift_Order_Polar.pdf

If you place your order online through Onboard Gifts and not by faxing the order form, you are provided the opportunity to choose a day and a time for your PG reservation. However, I would confirm the reservation directly with the PG first thing once onboard.

B

If you place your order online through Onboard Gifts and not by faxing the order form, you are provided the opportunity to choose a day and a time for your PG reservation. However, I would confirm the reservation directly with the PG first thing once onboard.

B

Thanks--that's the section I can't get to because I can't remember what name/password I used to register on the HAL website:rolleyes:

Through the "gifts" section. This is the link to buy a gift for someone else. I forgot my username/password so I can't log in to the booked guest section to give you another link.:o This .pdf lists Pinnacle as $20. As I understand--you pay for the dinner but still have to reserve the day/time once you board?

https://book.hollandamerica.com/pdfs/onboard/Gift_Order_Polar.pdf

Thanks Hoyaheel and Bellebaby!

I will check it out.

Kel:)

i just called member services and booked pg for our 5/14 sailing. $40.00 per couple. Holly at member services advised me I could book the date once I got on board, either by phone or at the PG....

Thanks Guys!

It worked -- I just went online and booked two different nights in the Pinnacle Grill @ $20 each. I was able to select specific dates and times. I guess you just reconfirm after Embarkation and set up table size?

Enjoy!

Thanks,

Kel

The charge at the alternative dining venue, called "Palo" onboard the (two) Disney cruise ships is $15, and, in my view, both the service and food is 100% better than PG!

The charge at the alternative dining venue, called "Palo" onboard the (two) Disney cruise ships is $15, and, in my view, both the service and food is 100% better than PG!

I've always thought the only alternative restaurants worth $30 were Celebrity's. Frommers rates those alternative restuarants as the "best dining at sea" and that includes the upscale lines.

• Administrators

Is that the restaurant where people set countdown timers to know exactly which day, at one minute past midnight, they need to call to make their reservations? :) Based on that, I'm sure it's wonderful. I guess if and when I try Disney for a cruise, I'll have to join the alarm clock crowd to try Palo -- especially as we love V&A at the Grand Floridian.

In the meantime, I'm very happy to hear about the price reduction for PG for our Alaska cruise on HAL, and I too was able to make our booking through online gifts! Thanks to the OP for sharing the information!

B

Might not be necessary to check as there usually is a gift card for the dinner in your cabin when u arrive .. Now, if not there, I wld definately take this posters most excellent suggestion and call the PG immediately to make sure the reservation went thru..

I have always been able to not only book the PG but date, time & table size beforehand. Has this been changed?

Have a great cruise..

Might not be necessary to check as there usually is a gift card for the dinner in your cabin when u arrive .. Now, if not there, I wld definately take this posters most excellent suggestion and call the PG immediately to make sure the reservation went thru..

I have always been able to not only book the PG but date, time & table size beforehand. Has this been changed?

Have a great cruise..

From the HAL website:

Q. Can I pre-select specific dates and times for a Pinnacle Grill reservation?

A. No, the guest for whom you purchase a Pinnacle Grill dining experience will receive a voucher delivered to their stateroom on the day of embarkation. They will use this voucher to make a Pinnacle Grill reservation for a specific date and time once onboard. You can request a specific date and time which the ship will try to accommodate, however you or the recipient guest must confirm the reservation with the Pinnacle Grill once onboard. This also applies to couples packages that include a Pinnacle Grill dining experience.

B

I don't see an option for table size, but after you login to purchase onboard gifts and make PG reservations, there are pull-downs for date and time:

Please select the date and time for the guest for your reservation. You can book different times and dates for each guest.

First Name - Last Name - Booking Number - Reservation Date - Reservation Time

I reserved specific dates and times, but will definitely reconfirm after we board.

BTW - According to Shipboard Services, lunch in the PG is now $10 pp.

B

Ahhh - Back to reasonable prices!

Does anyone know if these prices are only for pre-payment or if the price is to be the same when one books aboard?

My wife and I are booked on the Westerdam Feb 1, 2009 for our 1st cruise. I see where to make the Pinnacle reservation on-line as an on board gift and figured out we can gift the stuff to ourselves, my questions: Do I need to make the same reservation day and time for both of us, in effect reserving as 2 separate people? Or will one reservation under my name be for both of us?

Thanks - Matt

My wife and I are booked on the Westerdam Feb 1, 2009 for our 1st cruise. I see where to make the Pinnacle reservation on-line as an on board gift and figured out we can gift the stuff to ourselves, my questions: Do I need to make the same reservation day and time for both of us, in effect reserving as 2 separate people? Or will one reservation under my name be for both of us?

Thanks - Matt

You will have to select both names and make the reservation under both of your names, otherwise you will only be charged for one person and you will have a reservation for only one person.

I don't see an option for table size, but after you login to purchase onboard gifts and make PG reservations, there are pull-downs for date and time:

Please select the date and time for the guest for your reservation. You can book different times and dates for each guest.

First Name - Last Name - Booking Number - Reservation Date - Reservation Time

I reserved specific dates and times, but will definitely reconfirm after we board.

Wish I cld say I always do but sometimes I forget but I always check the gift card to make sure it is all correct anyway..

As I always prefer to phone HAL & reserve my PG nites, perhaps that explains why I can get the date, time & table I want..

Hope you have a wonderful cruise & PG experience..

Archived