SUN PRINCESS "DAY BY DAY" CRUISE REPORT..ASIA..21st MAY...

S&D

Thanks for your reply Margaret, we sure wish you a lovely trip next year...it will be a very popular itinerary, let's hope these ships stay down here for a long time so lots of Aussies have the opportunity to cruise from Australia and back!

S&D:)

drink16.jpg.923a26d3cd11d0e06ab0b121bdf50084.jpg

Hi rugbypopsie...

I am looking at the shore tours now....they vary port by port...for instance...Bangkok ..there are a couple of city tours/garden tours/temples for $99 pp thru Princess. A couple of the other tours out of the city and into the countryside are around $140 pp

Malaysia..Penang...all tours go from $40 to $70 pp for city/gardens/temples type of tours. This includes tri shaw rides and the Butterfly Farm.

Kuala Lumpur..4 tours around $60 to $70, for highlights and walking tours...and the larger KL Experience for $119

Ko Samui in Thailand..has some lovely tours, Elephant trekking at $139 pp and snorkelling day for $109. Along with a few shorter tours/beaches for $30 to $70.

Hope this helps...

S&D

Thanks I have a different itinerary but it would be great to get your feedback on any tours you do for for the future and anybody doing a similar itinerary.

Smooth seas...so jealous!!!!

rugbypopsie,

We will post about the tours we do, although - this time we have only booked 2 - Chaweng Beach and Ho Chi Minh which we have done before.

The Asian ports were quite easy to get around, on the last cruise ... and we ended up doing our own thing at most places, which turned out to be very interesting!

On this cruise, we also have more tendered ports than the last trip...so it's all going to be good fun !!!...:)

S&D

0019-0402-0403-0506_TN.jpg.f9da783cc296ecc143c69eb2c2333060.jpg

Thanks Deb,

Wow..looks like you have a BIG celebration coming up on your next cruise...CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! XXXX

So nice of you to pop in here.... yes - we have had fun on the roll call..it kept us busy!!

We have a great bunch of friends along on this one...it will be fun...and nice and hot too..... just hope the sea is nice and calm for this trip. Looking forward to being on the ship...soooo relaxing!

Looking forward to posting the daily travelogue...:) :)

We will be posting daily once we get to Perth...looking forward to that flight out next Sunday..YAY!!

S&D

0037-0707-0920-3004_TN.jpg.8b56bedd53cdbb1406bcc69efc9df7c0.jpg

Have a wonderful holiday Sandy and Dave - you deserve it! Will keep our eye on you through these pages so we know what to expect when we hit our first cruise with you Feb next year! :D

Wow...Deucefarm...that WAS quick.....great stuff!!!!..Now you can spend hours on here like we do...:eek: :D

Will be keeping in touch with you by email too. Looking forward to our Diamond cruise...woo hoo....

Love to you both

0130-0604-2919-5357_TN.jpg.ca37ba5bc2f43298866b002cdace1d68.jpg

Made it onto the thread at last guys! Have a wonderful holiday - you deserve it. We will watch your exploits with interest so that we know what to expect when we hit our first cruise with you in Feb next year.

Take Care - Steve and Rob:D

Looking forward to your reports,S&D. We did Singapore to Hong Kong last year on the Gemini and counting down till October 21st when we sail out of Sydney on SP bound for Tahiti. All our holidays for the past 10 years have been in Asia, last year the first cruise. Really hanging out for October.

Have a great time.

Frank

I am another one eagerly awaiting your report.

My good friend (who is cruising on the mariner with us at christmas) will be doing the bejing to sydney cruise in september, so will interested to see how you go.

Have a great time and i do look forward to you checking in

Hey - S&D --- Wait for us - were coming too ! --- You're so organised and planned - we are still working and won't get out of Brisbane till Tuesday morning - (make a note - must pack next week !! ) Whatever you do, dont leave without us we've waited far too long for this cruise !!!!

Great to hear you'll be getting up early to post the reports - when we finally rise each day we'll be able to log on and find out just what we did the night before !!!! (No telling tales now ).

A New Zealand Deuce Farm ?? I always new they grew strange things over there! (Must be the boiling mud - and that strange smell ) ... I've heard of a "Little Deuce Coupe" and I think you can score a Deuce - But what are they when you breed them ??

Best wishes everyone - see you on board !!

Peter & Yvonne

Hey Peter,

Don't worry about a thing...we will make sure the Sun won't leave without you and Yvonne.... how could we have sailaway without you 2.

We are also only half packed, and we are working until Friday night too!!

Besides...we need you and Yvonne to shop with in Ho Chi Minh....I will never forget the look on the faces of the Vietnamese shoppers in the department store there...when Yvonne bought the suit off the store dummy in the window...and the security people all came running with their coats to cover up the poor store dummy...it was hilarious, security and shop assistants running everywhere....so funny... just another moment we will never forget....

Note to CCer's...the above was just one of many great moments we had on the last Asia trip..stay tuned for more to come in the daily report........

Now...Peter..you have hit the nail on the head with the deuce ....our very dear friends in NZ have a property in the North Island.. where they hand build custom hot rods..(FABULOUS)....so hence the CC logo. The Little Deuce Coupe is alive and well in Tauranga that's for sure!!

They are coming along on the Diamond in Feb next year..on their first cruise, and yes, I have assured them they will in fact get hooked like the rest of us poor cruise addicts ..LOL

See you all soon...

S&D

Karon and Frank....

Thanks for your good wishes...we will do our best with the day to day report...will try to put as many details as we can...

Frank..enjoy that Gemini cruise, we have friends who love that ship!!

0037-0706-1720-2223_TN.jpg.b63b5b2df73c37352203c59f958bf42c.jpg

Hi All...

Have just had the suitcases out ..AGAIN... ...and lo and behold...they have SHRUNK....:eek: ..... so I am taking them back to the store...... as last time we went, all our clothes fitted... but this time.. all my formalwear will not fit...OBVIOUSLY shoddy Qantas luggage...hee hee...:D :D

(This of course has NOTHING to do with my EVER increasing cruisewear)!!

The girls on here will understand of course!!!:rolleyes:

Seriously though...I can't find my packing list...so am in a bit of a panic about that...I will have to look at the one on these P&O threads for ideas!!!

We leave early Sunday morning for Perth..we are now very excited....:)

S&D

0463-0804-3015-2522_TN.jpg.3cd5b0d6e659209bc710d29e2ab821b2.jpg

Hi Sandra - don't forget your toothbrush! Forget everything else then you'll have a good excuse for a great big shopping spree!! (well maybe take enough for the first five days at sea!)

Look forward to seeing you and Dave next week ..

Vera

Oh how exciting, the day is almost here. :)

Just think of us here in Adelaide, cold ......... maybe wet, if we're lucky :o

Can't wait to read your reviews.

Have a great time!! :D

Lizard©

Hi there Lizard....

Thanks for that, we will be enjoying all the hot weather for sure... especially after the forecast weather here in Adelaide - cold with HAIL this Friday!!!

Looking forward to posting day to day..we will start on Sunday night with any luck..from Perth!

S&D

Vera.....we are counting down!!! XXXX

0019-0402-0403-0506_TN.jpg.c84bd52478137bec276d6a5180990852.jpg

Marilee,

thanks for those kind wishes..yes stay tuned for some fun on here!

See you soon XXXX:)

Trish...

yes you are most welcome...we are meeting up around 6.30pm at the Royal.. on Tuesday the 20th May.....hope to see you there! Lots of lovely people to exchange cwooooze stories with!!

Don't be shy now!!!! LOL....

0037-0707-0807-5525_TN.jpg.e337226586d7a73c7efde90de52ef7bc.jpg

Hi All...

Have just had the suitcases out ..AGAIN... ...and lo and behold...they have SHRUNK....:eek: ..... so I am taking them back to the store...... as last time we went, all our clothes fitted... but this time.. all my formalwear will not fit...OBVIOUSLY shoddy Qantas luggage...hee hee...:D :D

(This of course has NOTHING to do with my EVER increasing cruisewear)!!

The girls on here will understand of course!!!:rolleyes:

Seriously though...I can't find my packing list...so am in a bit of a panic about that...I will have to look at the one on these P&O threads for ideas!!!

We leave early Sunday morning for Perth..we are now very excited....:)

S&D

The following may help you Sandra

TRAVEL PAK: (personal document kit)

ORIGINALS - Make two photocopied sets.

(First set kept in Ziploc in your Carry-on-Bag. Second set kept at home with someone):

Cruise Documents

Forms of identification: Passport(s), Visa, Birth Certificate & Drivers License

Health Cards/Forms

Prescriptions

Travel Itinerary, Airline Tickets, Hotel Confirmations

Shore Excursion Confirmations

Travel Insurance/Baggage Loss Documents

Picture of all Luggage

Travelers Checks & receipts

Credit Card & Numbers

Packing List

TOILETRIES

Prescription Medicines

Toothbrush, toothpaste & dental floss, mouthwash,

Shampoo & conditioner

Comb/brush

Hair styling products, hair accessories

Soap

Moisturizers

Deodorant

Sun screen, sunburn aids

Make-Up

Cologne & perfume,

Q-tips

Cotton balls

Baby powder

Razor Blades

Shaving Cream

Nail file; nail clippers; tweezers; small scissors

“CHECKED LUGGAGE ITEMS”

Toiletries Bag

Beach bag

Travel mugs with lids

Candy & gum

Large & small Ziploc bags

Clothes pegs

Small laundry detergent

Collapsible mesh hamper

Sewing kit

First Aid Kit: Tylenol, sea sickness pills, Benadryl, throat lozenges, Antacids, Imodium, Waterproof Band-Aids, Butterfly Closures, Antiseptic Cream, Antibiotic Ointment ,Small insect repellent wipes

Binoculars

Pocket-sized solar calculator,

Flash light/night light

Small alarm clock

Power strip/extension cord

Addresses & stamps & envelope for receipts

Post-its

Highlighters,

Large & small size ziploc bags

2 drink bottles

Ear plugs in case you have a noisy room.

Clothes Pegs

Plastic cable ties

Duct tape

Clorox clean up wipes.

Carry on List

Toothpaste & toothbrushes

Deodorant

Brush

Makeup

Pads

Wipes

Sleeping tablets

Gum

and/or this....

101 Cruise Tips

• 22 CLEAR PLASTIC pocketed-over-the-door bag Make sure you get the clear plastic pockets so you can see and make sure they are slit at the top, and not the ones that are slit on both sides. In them I put......underwater cameras, digital camera, sunglasses, suntan lotions, batteries, scotch tape/scissors, spa appointments, excursions, coupon books etc

• Lysol wipes to wipe down, knobs, handles, etc

• Everyone says duct tape. Use for taping things, marking luggage, repairing anything, and as a lint roller.

• Best thing I've ever packed is a stash of miniature candy bars. wrap our dollars tip around the bar when we order room service, hand them out to room stewards, waiters, assistant waiters and any other crew members I come across during our voyages.

• Dont forget a good air freshener for bathroom. Best thing you can bring!

• Also Downy Wrinkle Release spray for making folded clothes nice and tidy.

• Post cards, key chains, a picture of our town from the sky, etc.!!! Our steward came to me an hugged me with tears in his eyes!!! I also added a simple handwritten thank you on a note card and he said he loved it...that no one has ever done that for him and that he loved seeing my home as his was so far away and would be so long untill he went back!!! Now that was a nice feeling....he did so well and so much for us that week and all I did was write thank you and give him a picture.

• I watch out for Hershey's special kisses prior to a cruise, i.e., Hershey's produces mint flavored chips around St. Pat's day, cherry flavored chips around Valentine's Day, etc.

• Kit Kat bars seem to be the favorite of crew on all the ship's we sailed over the past few years.

• Small line and clothespins. How sloppy and unorganized does the stateroom/suite get when there are wet clothes draped over the tub and shower?

• Post-it notes/note pad for notes to family or room steward

• Power strip (only one outlet in a room) and extension cord (if necessary).

• First aid kit (the medic is $$$$$)

• Glade plug in with a night light makes your room smell fresh and gives a little light when needed you can also get them with the extra outlets on them which we all need.

• Pop up clothes hampers they fold pretty small and when needed they just pop up.

• Yankee Candle plug in for the room - smells cozy when you enter.

• Extra trash bag for dirtys we keep in the bottom of the closet. When you pack they do not get mingled with the clean ones.

• Neck lanyard with plastic pouch for seapass card. (Have also seen some punch a hole in the card and clip it to the lanyard or elastic arm band.)

• Waterproof bag to hold camera, money, etc. when going to the beach. It hangs easily around the neck and saves the hassle of worrying if your stuff will get stolen. These can be had in the camping section of most sporting stores.

• Rain ponchos, cheap and also avail. in sporting goods/camping. Cheap enough you can toss with one use.

• Thermal coffee cup - you can fill up in Windjammer in the am and have hot coffee for the whole stroll around the deck. Works great later for a 'to go' cold beverage.

• Tidy spot pin and Spray & Wash stick. You can get out the small stain with the stick and pretreat your very dirties with the S&W so they are ready for the wash when you get home.

• Dollar store sunglasses - many - cause you know you will leave a pair somewhere during the week.

• I agree with the power outlet although we have never taken. We kept our phones plugged in and charged, video & dig camera batteries & the everloving travel curlers and walkie talkies.

• Walkie Talkies are for keeping up with each other on board, but can be irritating if abused. They have come in handy on land for us too.

• Underwater disposable camera and disposable Advantix camera

• Sun visors & baseball hats since everyday aboard is not a good hair day and there is a lot of sun that you should keep off your face.

• Small flashilight to keep on the night table for my "nightly bathroom trips". the room is smallish and crowded and keeps my trip from being a fall.

• Target has had twisted elastic clotheslines in their $1 bins recently.......you hang these up, then, instead of using clothespins, you slip the corners of your clothing through the twists of the elastic cord.

• Packing your bathing suit in your carryon and not in the luggage, so you can enjoy the lunch and pool until your luggage arrives.

• Keep a look out for specials on international calling cards I give these as gifts to my cabin steward and head waiter and assistant waiter . These people are very far from home and I hate to think that they spend their hard earned money just to call home I give it to them at the start of the cruise and hubby and I are well rewarded!! I also always take my own goodie bags of snacks I know that there is tons of stuff to eat but sometimes you just have to have a snickers bar!

• Maglite and extra battery. It has a small box cutter and eyeglass repair kit attached, so I put it in my checked baggage.

• My best one ever. I stopped at the dollar store and bought $20 worth of mini soccer balls, hair bobbles, and magic slates. We were stopped in a very poor place and with a little bit of body language, I asked the moms of some kids (who were NOT begging, BTW, but sitting nicely while their moms sold crafts) if I could give them to the kids. The kids were SO cute. One mom actually traded me a small shell bowl for some of the stuff, and I thought that was very dignified.

• For two people traveling together, it is helpful to bring two highlighters, in different colors. Each of you use a different color, for example, pink and yellowto mark the days events you prefer in the ships paper. The things you BOTH want to do will be orange. (or blue & yellow = green, or pink & blue = purple.) You get the idea.

• A battery operated clock. (Ship's power makes clocks run slow.)

• A cheap plastic watch. (To bring on beach/water excursions; leave good watch on the ship.)

• Shoe holder for the door. (I know it has already mentioned but I wanted to reiterate how useful it can be.)

• Indigestion/anti-gas medication. (The Carnival Conquest, at least, did not stock any for sale. Other cruise ships/lines may.)

• Hair conditioner. The ship offered only a combination shampoo/conditioner; not enough conditioner in those for me, and the only offered for sale on the ship were ultra pricey spa products.

• Purse/Back Pack

• Small bills for Porter gratuity at pier ($2 per bag in NYC)

• $2 bills for special “little” tips

• Pens, notepad, deck of cards

• Carry On Bag: (Keep with u at all times)

• Bathing Suits, cover-ups, flip-flops/water shoes, hat or sun visor,

• Sunglasses, eyeglasses/contact lenses & solution (pack the case too!)

• Camera, film, storage cards, batteries, recharging cords, underwater camera

• Lightweight jacket or wind breaker, rain gear, umbrella

• TRAVEL PAK: (personal document kit)

• ORIGINALS - Make two photocopied sets. First set kept in Ziploc in your Carry-on-Bag. Second set kept at home with someone):

Cruise Documents

Forms of identification: Passport(s), Visa, Birth Certificate & Drivers License

Health Cards/Forms, Prescriptions

Travel Itinerary, Airline Tickets, Hotel Confirmations, Shore Excursion Confirmations, Travel Insurance/Baggage Loss Documents, Picture of all Luggage,

Travelers Checks & receipts, Credit Card & Numbers

Packing List

• TOILETRIES

• Prescription Medicines

First Aid Kit: Tylenol, Advil, Sea bands, sea sickness pills, Benadryl, throat lozenges, Antacids, Imodium, Waterproof Band-Aids, Butterfly Closures, Antiseptic Cream, Antibiotic Ointment, Moleskin.

Toothbrush, toothpaste & dental floss, mouthwash,

Shampoo & conditioner, Comb/brush, hair styling products, hair accessories

Soap, Moisturizers, Deodorant,

Sun screen, sunburn aids, Small insect repellent wipes,

Make-Up, Cologne & perfume,

Q-tips; cotton balls, baby powder, nail polish & remover wipes.

Clothes Pins, Plastic cable ties, duct tape, Clorox clean up wipes.

• “CHECKED LUGGAGE ITEMS”

• Razor, blades & hair removal products

Nail file; nail clippers; tweezers; small scissors

Beach bag, travel mugs with lids, candy & gum

Snorkel Equip.

Large & small Ziploc bags

Clothes pins, Small laundry detergent, collapsible mesh hamper, sewing kit

Binoculars, pocket-sized solar calculator,

Flash light/night light, small alarm clock, power strip/extension cord

Addresses & stamps, post-its; highlighters, envelope for receipts

• Garment Bag (Use tissue paper in between delicates to reduce creasing)

• Assorted quart and gallon size ziploc bags. Great for packing a room-service food and taking offshore.

• 2 quart sized drink bottles--usually available in the Target dollar bin. Great for filling with water or lemonade and taking ashore.

• Crystal Light On-The-Go drink mix--great for adding to the water in the above containers. WONDERFUL for those picky kids, also mentioned above!

• Ear plugs in case you have a noisy room.

• If you don’t like what is offered on the main menu, you can ask the waiter for either a steak or grilled chicken.

• Any pasta item on the main menu CAN be ordered as an appetizer. Just ask.

• Post cards, foreign postage stamps and playing cards are available at the pursars desk.

• Get a FREE lanyard at the Casino. Pursars desk will punch a whole in it for you.

• 24 hour pizza place also serves Calzones and Caesar salads. If you want a special topping and they have it they will make you that pizza.

• Go to tea-time they have different snacks and its a nice place to relax

• Ask the steward if you forget something ie toothpaste...they often have samples

• Bring baggies of assorted sizes. For saving snacks for excursions and wet clothes.

• Take the tour of the galley

• They have an early and late night seating as well as captains party...take advantage of both for double free drinks.

• Bring on own bottles of water, and soda and save $$$

• Bring a reusable cup with lid...less trips to get a drink

• Ask for your drink in a plastic cup (not the fancy one ) saves $$$

• You may be able to eat free lunch at the places they charge for dinner

• Orange juice is available at the same place all day they just remove the label

• You may get a free facial if you call the spa and ask to be a volunteer.

• Tie a bright ribbon/scarf to your luggage for easy spotting. Also can work on cabin door

• When the regular hot tub is too full, use the spa one.

• Use of the sauna/steam room is free

• Use the spa shower if multiple people need to shower at same time

• Ask for children’s dessert menu (banana splits)

• Bring Duct tape

• Bring a highlighter

• Bring post it notes

• Sit close at the port talks sometimes they toss out free stuff

• You can ask for extra pillow chocolates

• bring an extension cord/power strip

• Early and extra tips for stewards = more perks for you

• You can order free drinks from the bar in the room at Captains dinner as opposed to those on the tray.

• Bring travel hooks to hang stuff in your ro

• Bring a few paper funnels to make fillinghe water bottle easier.

• Bring towels from home to avoid fearing losing one

• Take a hand towel with you to the beach it will help remove sand and is handy for lots of other things too

• Baby powder helps remove sand

• Use a magnet to trick the balcony door into thinking its closed to keep the air on

• Most ships have a secret door...find it. Usually to a deck at the front of the ship that is open to passengers, but not well known. If you are going on a specific ship, just ask on the boards here, and someone is likely to know about your specific ship.

Remember, if it doesn't say "Crew Only" you can go there.

• you can also print cards to take with you on the layout of the ship...simply use a word document...format in normal 8pt bold: Times New Roman: 8pt and divide into for equal columns.

• Self disembarkation is FASTER

• It is possible to ‘smuggle’ alcohol on board

• Make sure to stock up on "snacks" before debarkation. The wait can be pretty long and everything is closed during this time. Except for the coffee shop which takes cash

• Cards become demagnetized don’t use your credit card for the room safe

• If the safe will not open call the desk they will send someone to open it

• If you get sea sick you can go to the Pursers desk and ask for pills. They are free there

• use your telephone for leaving each other messages in the cabins

• Did you know you can call Carnival's Bon voyage department and pre-order alcohol to be delivered to your cabin? You can order bottles of hard liquor so that you can make your own drinks. You can't order online. You must call to set this up. It is a little pricey but worth it and cheaper than buying by the drink.

• Do walk the entire ship on your first day

• You can also ask your Room Steward for the book that is in your cabin

• Bring a night light/ alarm clock

• bring water shoes

• The ship uses two types of toilet paper. Both are made by the same company. The sandpaper they call "envision" you will not want to subject your bottom to for 8 days. Ask your room steward to make sure that your stateroom is stocked with the "preference" paper instead.

• Bring a sweater the dining room can be cold

• Popup laundry hamper

• Duct Tape

• colorful luggage wrap around clip

• A hard-cover journal (and two more for her friends)

• Fanny Packs (and two more for her friends)

• 15 Clothes pins to hold down the shower curtain (and enough for her friends)

• Ziploc bags

• Antiseptic wipes (to wipe cabin down)

• flip flops for the pool/shower/spa

• disposable camera

• night light

• first aid kit

• suction cup hooks that I attach to the mirrors in the stateroom - they then make great spots for hanging all sorts of little things that normally clutter up the desk & table.

• Take a hole punch with you and hole punch your "Dailys" and they then hang on the hook neatly + I know where they are.

• Take a decoration or 2 for our door. Plus of course tape etc so that we can put up the decorations.

• Pack quart size freezer bags. They're great for putting your cameras in to protect them from sand and water while at the beach. Also for stashing goodies from the buffet for noshing on later.

• Take along a small compass as well as an indoor/outdoor thermometer for quick reference.

• Litre sports bottle (the non-disposable kind) for water. Great by the pool, on excursions, nursing a hangover , whatever. I go with a bright color so that it cannot be confused and tossed out by staff, or carried away by another passenger who thinks it is their bottle (this is the trouble with refilling a water bottle from the room). This is the ONLY thing that saved us during a sweltering day in Cozumel (well over 100 in the shade). Bottled water becomes increasingly expensive on days like that. It is also nice not to have to drink the water from the cabin sink if you don't want to pay $3 to quench a 3 am thirst. Squeeze the air out for packing - I can fit 4 into the front pocket of my suitcase.

• Ginger Pills Although I've only needed them once, I always have a bottle of ginger pills with me. You can get them at any drugstore (Walmart, CVS, etc) where the vitamins are. If you're susceptible to motion sickness, or cruising during a storm, take these instead of dramamine. They work better and no side effects.

We were on a ship once with 12-15 foot waves. All four of us took our ginger pills and headed to the dining room for dinner feeling fine. It was empty because a lot of people were sick or sleeping from the pills they took. It was one of the busiest nights the infirmary had seen.

Last cruise, we didn't need them but one of our tablemates was feeling ill. He didn't even make it to dinner the first night. We ran down to our room, gave him a handful, and got a "thumbs up" everytime we saw him on the ship after that.

Sorry for the long response, but I can't say enough about the ginger pills (similar to drinking ginger ale for an upset stomach). Don't sleep your vacation away if you are someone prone to motion sickness.

• I pack a large insulated cup with a flip top so i can make one giant cup of tea in the morning, that way i can enjoy my tea without having to go back for more (the cups onboard are sooo small) I take french vanilla in a soda bottle too, makes my tea taste like home. The cabin steward always keeps ice in my bucket to keep it cold.(cover it with a plastic bag so the ice doesnt melt as fast. I also leave the cabin steward a hand written thank you with his/her tip.

• I also pack butter bowls with lids. Easy to pack, just put your unmentionables in them. Undies and socks fit nicely!! Plus an insulated drink cup with straw for making your own drinks for the pool area. Plug ins are nice too, my room always smells fresh.

• I always bring those throw away coffee cups with the lids. That way if you go on an excursion you don't have to carry around your stainless steel coffee cup you just throw it away when your done.

• I always bring 'Super Glue". It can be a life saver. I had to repair my wife high heels when she broke a strap as we going out the door to dinner. 5 minutes later we back on track and went to dinner. If she would have had to change shoes, she would have had to change outfits, etc.. I would have been eating on the Lido Deck instead of the dining room.

• I don't know if it's provided or not but I went to Sam's and bought a box of individual french vanilla creamers for my coffee!! YUM!!

• I bring a spray bottle on every cruise, that way when you are laying in the sun or at port and it gets hot, there is nothing like spraying yourself with cold water.

• We always get the 3 or 4 pack of car air freshners. They are the prefect size for a ship cabin. One in the bathroom, one in the closet and one in the cabin.

• We took $2.00 bills and the new gold dollars for tips. Gave one to the server in the theater and she found us every night with a smile on her face.

• If you are going to be sending post cards take along address labels preprinted so all ya got to do is stick them on

• In main cabins on some cruise lines -- Royal Caribbean, NCL, Carnival -- toiletries offered are limited (in some cases to pump bottles of mystery soap affixed to the wall -- so you may want to make room in your luggage for shampoo, etc.).

Very comprehensive, and make a great reference to prompt you while packing. If you need to take it all, you may also need some personal assistants to carry the luggage :) . Make sure you leave a little room for some clothing. I figure you can leave the following behind

and/or this....

101 Cruise Tips

• Best thing I've ever packed is a stash of miniature candy bars. wrap our dollars tip around the bar when we order room service, hand them out to room stewards, waiters, assistant waiters and any other crew members I come across during our voyages.

If you want to tip for room service, there is a spot on the slip to add to your onboard account

• Dont forget a good air freshener for bathroom. Best thing you can bring! ... If you have smells you want to mask

• Kit Kat bars seem to be the favorite of crew on all the ship's we sailed over the past few years.

All these chocolate tips - I wonder if they like accepting chocolate from strangers

• Small line and clothespins. How sloppy and unorganized does the stateroom/suite get when there are wet clothes draped over the tub and shower?

Unless you have a balcony, the shower will be the only place with room to hang them - there is a line in the shower

• Glade plug in with a night light makes your room smell fresh and gives a little light when needed you can also get them with the extra outlets on them which we all need.

• Yankee Candle plug in for the room - smells cozy when you enter.

Those smells again - did not feel that SP was smelly enough to need these

• Thermal coffee cup - you can fill up in Windjammer in the am and have hot coffee for the whole stroll around the deck. Works great later for a 'to go' cold beverage.

You will only do this once - Horizon Court coffee is horrible. Room service coffee is free!

• Dollar store sunglasses - many - cause you know you will leave a pair somewhere during the week.

Really ordinary for blocking UV - clip a holder onto your sunnies

• Walkie Talkies are for keeping up with each other on board, but can be irritating if abused. They have come in handy on land for us too.

Only expensive walkie talkies are reliable on a ship made of steel

• Keep a look out for specials on international calling cards I give these as gifts to my cabin steward and head waiter and assistant waiter . These people are very far from home and I hate to think that they spend their hard earned money just to call home I give it to them at the start of the cruise and hubby and I are well rewarded!! I also always take my own goodie bags of snacks I know that there is tons of stuff to eat but sometimes you just have to have a snickers bar!

More than enough food onboard - and don't we tip these assistants plenty anyway.

• Maglite and extra battery. It has a small box cutter and eyeglass repair kit attached, so I put it in my checked baggage.

Haven't we already got a torch and a nite light?

• Hair conditioner. The ship offered only a combination shampoo/conditioner; not enough conditioner in those for me, and the only offered for sale on the ship were ultra pricey spa products.

Thought the offerings on SP were fine (but we may have had better stuff available in our mini)

• Small bills for Porter gratuity at pier ($2 per bag in NYC)

Sure our wharfies would appreciate (as they throw your bags around). For this list you will need $50 - 25 bags @ $2 each

• $2 bills for special “little” tips

Lets see. We give them AWS, 15% on our drink purchases, give them calling cards and chocs AND extra cash :rolleyes:

• Pens, notepad, deck of cards

If you want a deck of cards, go to the pursers desk and ask for one and you will receive a brand new Princess branded deck N\C

OOOh!!! mildew....

that's a HUGE list....if I took all that, I would have no room for any clothes...BUT seriously..that is a great help....we will do the final pack on Saturday.

Documents - I can't seem to get my head around the fact we have a flimsy sheet of paper for an air e ticket and the same for a boarding pass on the ship...so..... 2 bits of paper and a passport...and off we go????...seems like something is missing to me!!!...:confused:

Geoff..thanks for editing the list....my thoughts exactly!!! I shall have a peek into a mini suite and be very envious of your accommodations...:eek: .we looked at your photos on your link......wonderful....just lovely..looked like you had a great time on the Sun.

Marilee, nice to see you on here too!!

S&D

0463-0804-3015-2522_TN.jpg.a72ffb257c2fba7480355e9eda9b9f0a.jpg

Archived