SUN PRINCESS "DAY BY DAY" CRUISE REPORT..ASIA..21st MAY...

S&D

Hi All, sounds like you're all having a wonderful time, so many sea days to Vung Tau, heaven.

Just a couple of questions if I may as we've never been on Sun before.

Bathrobes, are they still available for the asking in the cabins &

Egg Crates mattress toppers, are they also still available.

Read previously re your Pizzaria experience, glad to hear it's not a specialty area (one that we need to pay for)

We came down to Freo to show my sister the ship last wednesday. We will be on her in Nov with the family so this will be her first cruise, glad to hear everything is great onboard. My sister is soo looking forward to her first cruise.

Thanks

Karen

Hi once again...

ok questions first.....Les.....there are about 2038 aboard, just a bit crowded in the buffett and atrium at times. Mostly Aussies Les....a good crowd!!.:)

Bathrobes upon request..we have them.

Eggcrates, I overheard someone saying they had one, so I assume they are also available onboard. Very comfy beds, supersoft pillows too.

Music bands, excellent band..Nexxus...4 afro american guys...wonderful to dance to and listen to. They play on the deck, also the atrium.. there are tables on the round tiled dance area there, so limited space for dancing...we had to rumba amongst the tables! good fun anyway. They play on the deck, its all I can do not to jump up and dance on the spot there...maybe a few more fizz's and we will do our thing!!!

Three peice in the wheelhouse, nice to dance too as well, and good listening, jazz, standards etc. A lady sings ...and her husband and another guy...they are good.

Vung Tau...don't even mention those rusty decrepid old hydrofoils, we had a very bad eperience with those on one trip! No...this time it is the buses...but the Captain was just on the announcements - saying we have scored a berth in dock instead of tendering.. and we are staying OVERNIGHT in Ho Chi Minh...so a bonus there.

The water is so calm..like a bathtub...just as it was last trip...clear and warm, hot days now near 30 degrees, very lovely weather, ship is gliding thru the waters, band is playing on deck, we have a fizz in hand, we are soooo enjoying ourselves.

I keep saying to our daughters I want us all to do a cruise together, the littlies would have a ball too!

As we previously said, getting wine etc aboard was no problem, we had 4 bottles, many had more than that, and we were waved aboard...no problems.

Cruise staff would have to be the best we have encountered, always out there doing something fun! The Captain is Peter Russell..a very jovial fellow...we heard he was thrown in the pool fully clothed on the Equator ceremony...and then posed for photos with heaps of passengers.

London Pub Night last night..which was very popular.

Food is lovely...themed lunches, and such a lot to choose from each night. I am still full from dinner last night and it's lunchtime now and time to eat again..oh no!!!

Love to our girls and friends keeping up on this!

Regards to the CC er's....

S&D

Hi S&D - thanks for the latest update. Sounds like you're really having a great time which is how it should be :)

On the webcam the water does look like a millpond ...

If you are indeed staying overnight in Ho Chi Minh City, how will that affect the itinerary? Will you actually dock at Vung Tau or go up the river and dock at the industrial area? Not sure that Vung Tau has a berth for this size of ship. With Superstar Virgo we went up the river (very interesting) and docked at "Vegetable Port" - from there about 1/2 hr by bus into city centre (smaller ships like Superstar Gemini can go further and dock closer to city).

Please pass on birthday wishes to Vera for tomorrow :D

Hi once again...

ok questions first.....Les.....there are about 2038 aboard, just a bit crowded in the buffett and atrium at times. Mostly Aussies Les....a good crowd!!.:)

Bathrobes upon request..we have them.

Eggcrates, I overheard someone saying they had one, so I assume they are also available onboard. Very comfy beds, supersoft pillows too.

Music bands, excellent band..Nexxus...4 afro american guys...wonderful to dance to and listen to. They play on the deck, also the atrium.. there are tables on the round tiled dance area there, so limited space for dancing...we had to rumba amongst the tables! good fun anyway. They play on the deck, its all I can do not to jump up and dance on the spot there...maybe a few more fizz's and we will do our thing!!!

Three peice in the wheelhouse, nice to dance too as well, and good listening, jazz, standards etc. A lady sings ...and her husband and another guy...they are good.

Vung Tau...don't even mention those rusty decrepid old hydrofoils, we had a very bad eperience with those on one trip! No...this time it is the buses...but the Captain was just on the announcements - saying we have scored a berth in dock instead of tendering.. and we are staying OVERNIGHT in Ho Chi Minh...so a bonus there.

The water is so calm..like a bathtub...just as it was last trip...clear and warm, hot days now near 30 degrees, very lovely weather, ship is gliding thru the waters, band is playing on deck, we have a fizz in hand, we are soooo enjoying ourselves.

I keep saying to our daughters I want us all to do a cruise together, the littlies would have a ball too!

As we previously said, getting wine etc aboard was no problem, we had 4 bottles, many had more than that, and we were waved aboard...no problems.

Cruise staff would have to be the best we have encountered, always out there doing something fun! The Captain is Peter Russell..a very jovial fellow...we heard he was thrown in the pool fully clothed on the Equator ceremony...and then posed for photos with heaps of passengers.

London Pub Night last night..which was very popular.

Food is lovely...themed lunches, and such a lot to choose from each night. I am still full from dinner last night and it's lunchtime now and time to eat again..oh no!!!

Love to our girls and friends keeping up on this!

Regards to the CC er's....

S&D

Hello Dave & Sandra

We finally signed up on cc. You both sound like you're having the best time ever! I'm so envious....however, I know our time is coming, Sept 2008. Hey I can almost taste those steaks...mmmm..... and I swear I could almost kill for a raspberry fizz right now! :)

We miss you already guys, the tips have been great to listen to since we will be 1st time cruisers. Keep them coming.

The black and white paisley dress fits just fine Sandra, thank you! We will keep Graham & Jacui up-to-date with your goss. Take care and enjoy friends. Will keep in touch. Bye

Tim & Wendy

Hi Dave & Sandra

Glad to finally log onto cc. We've read all the goss, sounds like you're having a fabulous time. Feel so envious...but I know our time will come soon, Sept 2008. :)

We feel like we could simply taste one of those juicy steaks from here! Thanks for the tips, I'm sure they will be of help for us.

The black & white paisley dress fits fine, thanks ever so much. I have been sorting through my wardrobe for cruise take aways.

We'll keep in touch, meanwhile enjoy, you both deserve yet another cruise!

Take care guys

Tim & Wendy

:p Thanks for the day by day bulletins, almost like being there, what deck are you on? We will be on A when we go next year. I think you mentioned you are inside, we have gone all out and booked a balcony, had an inside on Adonia from Fremantle to UK, and found having a window at least much much better. Did you get alongside in Vietnam? We were there in February on Oriana and were alongside at a place called Phy My which is near Vung Tau I think, much better than tendering. Also on Adonia we were often late for ports because the ship didn't make enough speed if we had head winds or something, is this a problem also on the Sun Princess. Looking forward to your info on the ports.

Sandra and Dave, you have gone on board SP with the right attitude. I can see that in your reports so far, yes you are having a ball. Keep on enjoying SP, fair winds, calm seas, cold beer and PARTY TIME 24/7.

London pub night eh? what..warm brown ale, scrumpy cider, pork pies and ploughmans? Yum.

Thanks for the info re pax on SP. ENJOY !!

Cheers..Les:cool:

Hi Ursula and all - you're right, we lost the berth at Phu My and are anchored off Vung Tao - which messed around all the tours etc as we arrived at 10.00. The people who went to Saigon are not back yet. We should leave at 10.00 pm. (Thanks for the birthday wishes too!) I sent you an email did you receive it? I think it dropped out before it should have.

Vera

Dave here,

Sandra got Norovirus in the night and has been confined to cabin for 2 days.Dr`s and nurses are very good plus no charge due to a lot of cases of this being reported.

Very annoying as this was a port Sandra and I were particularly looking forward to.

Ship ended up not docking but anchoring off Vung Tau, which was changed at the last minute.

It took over 3 hours, including tendering,each way to Ho Chi Min city which only allowed 2 1/2 hours for shopping.I never made it to Bin Tan market as time was so short:mad:

Interesting journey anyway,made a change from the hydrofoils.Went through Long Tan township near were the Aussies had their epic battle in the war.

Went to the Trade Centre near the Rex Hotel and got Sandra some laquerware pots plus some DVD movies for 80c US each.How low can they go:) :)

A lot of new building work being done in the city since we were last here.The tour bus guide said most of the new appartments are priced around $300,000US for 10 square metres! Obviously only for the very rich.

Mind boggling traffic in the city when the bus left for the return journey to Vung Tau, thousands of motorbikes.......Probably just as well they were`nt cars as I`d still be stuck there in the gridlock.

A seaday tomorrow.Hopefully Sandra will log back in on Thursday.

Dave.

I hope that Sandra feels better quickly, and that you stay healthy Dave.

I am enjoying your wonderful updates and check each day to see them. I hope you get to enjoy the rest of the cruise with no more hiccups. Your information has been great and I'm looking forward to our time on the SP on June 26th.

Thanks

Libby

Vera - hope you had an enjoyable birthday even if you did not get to HCMC. Did not get your email :(

Dave - thanks for filling for poor Sandra - hope she gets over it quickly.

Not very happy to hear about lots of Noro cases - I suppose it means buffets being staff-served instead of self-served etc. which means lots of extra work for the crew. and I suppose will still extend to the next cruise (ours) as a safeguard.

Dave - thanks for filling for poor Sandra - hope she gets over it quickly.

Not very happy to hear about lots of Noro cases - I suppose it means buffets being staff-served instead of self-served etc. which means lots of extra work for the crew. and I suppose will still extend to the next cruise (ours) as a safeguard.

Same here - Poor Sandra - wouldn't it give you the sh#ts. :rolleyes:

Even when Noro is not apparent, I still prefer the staff to be handling food in the buffet. The number of passengers oblivious to their own bad habits in the buffet on NYE Sun Princess cruise was amazing - examples of:

Grab a handful of coffee stirrers - realise your partner already has them, so put them back

Change of mind about a bread roll - lift it off the plate and put it back.

Using hands instead of tongs.

Very few using the gel on their hands

etc

GET WELL SOON SANDRA!!

L1138676a.jpg

Hi Guys-hope you are in good health again Sandy :) and the Virtual Finn :confused: has been exempted on this occasion! A re-cuperative raspberry fizz will be in order

Enjoying keeping track of you though -take care

US xx

:( Sorry to hear Sandra is sick, hope you are well soon and don't miss too much fun. Staying healthy seems to be a big challenge on a cruise, we always seem to get the cough and flu type things, try not to get too near to people but hasn't worked so far. At least the sea is still lovely and calm.

:) Hi Sandra and Dave, So sorry to hear you have the tummy bug.:( I have loved logging on every day and reading your blog, We disembarked at Freo as you boarded and you have helped us to keep the joy of our wonderful holiday going with your daily updates.

I hope the morning sees you well again Sandra and Dave symptom free, the dance floor will be missing you,enjoy the cruise for all of us,best wishes for a speedy recovery, Cheerful,Perth.xx

Yes, we all feel for Sandra and looking forward to seeing her again tomorrow. The quick action to red alert seems to have contained the spread of the virus. It does slow food service everywhere, not just the buffet but even in the dining rooms as no salt, butter etc are put out so it takes time for the poor waitstaff to bring everyone's different request.

Went to look at perfumes today and even the testers have been put away, no sales tables out either.

Should be back to normal in a couple of days.

Vera

Archived