SUN PRINCESS "DAY BY DAY" CRUISE REPORT..ASIA..21st MAY...

S&D

Hi CCer's

Thanks for all the help over the months on these boards..you are truly a great bunch of cruisers..:)

Are we excited here in Adelaide ????... YOU BETCHA.....only 10 days til we fly out to Perth and start our holiday. We are hoping for the calm seas and hot weather we have previously encountered in Asia.

We will attempt a daily log of the cruise and post for you on here as we go...it may be of some use regarding the Asian ports or even the ship. We can answer any questions as we go along...anything to help our fellow "cruise addicts" on here...LOL...:D

The roll call was started a year ago, and we have 20 in the group...16 of whom we have cruised with before. We are mostly "baby boomers" and a few members of the SKI club...LOL...:rolleyes:

Although we have done the Asia route before, this time we have 3 additional ports...so we are looking forward to that..not to mention the shopping.

I am home from work - sick at the moment ...(yes...not good timing :eek: )...and will attempt to finish the last minute packing this weekend, then only a few more days at work..then off we go....WOO HOO!!

Thanks again for the wonderful and friendly support on these pages, which has helped us no end with the planning of this trip....very best wishes and happy cruising to you all... we hope to meet a lot of you on future cruises!

(will bump this up next week before we leave..hope you will enjoy reading about our adventure).....

Sincerely

S&D

orchid.gif.eb331005ccbf8afe6da153f51078d5a9.gif

Thankyou so much Sandra for starting this thread as I'm sure that we on the June 11th cruise will be avidly following your adventure before ours begins. I have 9 more shifts to work before holidays(not counting a quick trip to Brisbane this weekend for Mothers Day with daughters #2 & 3), a week @ home to organise then off to Perth for a couple of days with #1 daughter. I will certainly be checking in daily with this thread with great anticipation

Happy Cruising

Jane:D

Thanks Jane, and also Les. (NSWP).....

It's a pleasure..we have some free internet allowance this time..so we want to put it to good use on here....:)

It's a good way for friends to keep up with what's happening along the way also. We have very dear friends in NZ who will be following the link...:D .they are joining us on their first cruise next Feb, so hopefully they will find it interesting!...

,,,.oh yes.... and have a lovely Mother's Day Jane....... and remeber..it's NEVER too early to pack...LOL

S&D

hibiscus.gif.6de7a0687ad2fdc25f059faf544f970a.gif

Hi CCer's

Thanks for all the help over the months on these boards..you are truly a great bunch of cruisers..:)

Are we excited here in Adelaide ????... YOU BETCHA.....only 10 days til we fly out to Perth and start our holiday. We are hoping for the calm seas and hot weather we have previously encountered in Asia.

We will attempt a daily log of the cruise and post for you on here as we go...it may be of some use regarding the Asian ports or even the ship. We can answer any questions as we go along...anything to help our fellow "cruise addicts" on here...LOL...:D

The roll call was started a year ago, and we have 20 in the group...16 of whom we have cruised with before. We are mostly "baby boomers" and a few members of the SKI club...LOL...:rolleyes:

Although we have done the Asia route before, this time we have 3 additional ports...so we are looking forward to that..not to mention the shopping.

I am home from work - sick at the moment ...(yes...not good timing :eek: )...and will attempt to finish the last minute packing this weekend, then only a few more days at work..then off we go....WOO HOO!!

Thanks again for the wonderful and friendly support on these pages, which has helped us no end with the planning of this trip....very best wishes and happy cruising to you all... we hope to meet a lot of you on future cruises!

(will bump this up next week before we leave..hope you will enjoy reading about our adventure).....

Sincerely

S&D

Hi ,

Hope you have a great cruise .we loved Sun princess .look forward to your review

cheers

Col & Di:)

Gee..thanks Geoff (arxcards).....that may well come in handy!!!!!!..:eek:

....Dave may be tempted to use that tape around my wallet in those Asian ports.....:o ....in a futile attempt to stop me SHOPPING for the grandbubs.....LOL....

Thanks for the good wishes, and I'm sure a good time will be had by all...:D

BroJayKels....thanks for that....we will try to make the daily report as interesting as we can.

S&D

111_o2.gif.d9e7d2add3e184595bd97f90a620db84.gif

Have a great cruise look forward to your report, we've cruised Asia on the Sky but look forward to your opinion of Asia on Sun Princess becasue it looks tempting if it keeps cruising from Freo:)

Cruisekidz...

Yes, just what we are thinking...this is a cruise I would never get tired of..we love the hot weather and the ports...

S&D:)

045_o2.gif.27c7f8489d3118741289909db4cb8c89.gif

Sandra and Dave, have a wonderful cruise, it's been lovely getting to know you:p We are also thinking of cruising Asia, just a little concerned that some of the ports may be far from the main tourist towns, so looking forward to hearing all about your experience:)

Chez

xx

No worries Chez...

we shall post all the nitty gritty details here, and try to be as detailed as possible... will take note about distances from ship to towns etc for you!

...I shall post daily....hopefully before I start on the Raspberry Fizz cocktails for the day.... my spelling/grammar could be a little worse for wear otherwise...:eek: ;) hee hee

S&D

drink14.jpg.fb9733f4da414d208a03eb6048da6e3a.jpg

Hi there Michele,

Thanks...and yes you will enjoy that cruise, we did that itinerary twice...once on the Sapphire Princess, and once on the Star Princess... both fabulous cruises.. and lovely ports....which is why we are doing that area again..we will be revisiting some of those ports and a few new ones.

Some of our friends from those 2 cruises are also joining us on this one, so that's the best bit!!!

Will be looking forward to posting all the news....:)

S&D

BAB00012.gif.fe0de5f9fae65e53cb60b9ccc0d757bc.gif

Looking forward to your daily posts with interest - we'll be boarding SP as you depart :).

Specially interested in any on-board hints/tips you can give us.

Hope you all have a great trip!

Ursula

Hi Ursula....

yes we will be sure to keep an look out for any little things that may come in handy for you ...and any other future cruisers on the Sun Princess. Hope you have a lovely cruise too!:)

Regards

S&D

beachfish01.gif.457809598083f68254bcc0db4b6d5223.gif

Hi Ursula....

yes we will be sure to keep an look out for any little things that may come in handy for you ...and any other future cruisers on the Sun Princess. Hope you have a lovely cruise too!:)

Regards

S&D

Hi I am doing asia on the Dawn Princess can you tell me the cost of the shore tours as some may be the same? It will really help me plan, I am looking forward to your reviews too

Have a great cruise Sandra & Dave.

Thinking of what might have been on our cancelled SUNSETS cruise.

Looking forward to hearing from you on this Asia cruise.We'll have a Raspberry Fizz & toast you both on our Dawn cruise in Sept

Cheers

Tanya & Kevin

Hi there Tanya and Kevin,

we are sure sorry not to be cruising with you this time, but maybe we will get together on a future cruise.

Have fun on the Dawn...:)

Hope to catch up with you again soon. XXXX

S&D

055_o1.gif.d95cb482fb1190713aab2b9400d48f19.gif

Hi rugbypopsie...

I am looking at the shore tours now....they vary port by port...for instance...Bangkok ..there are a couple of city tours/garden tours/temples for $99 pp thru Princess. A couple of the other tours out of the city and into the countryside are around $140 pp

Malaysia..Penang...all tours go from $40 to $70 pp for city/gardens/temples type of tours. This includes tri shaw rides and the Butterfly Farm.

Kuala Lumpur..4 tours around $60 to $70, for highlights and walking tours...and the larger KL Experience for $119

Ko Samui in Thailand..has some lovely tours, Elephant trekking at $139 pp and snorkelling day for $109. Along with a few shorter tours/beaches for $30 to $70.

Hope this helps...

S&D

bird.gif.116bb220e7fc87ecbba4560eaf15146f.gif

Archived