SUN PRINCESS "DAY BY DAY" CRUISE REPORT..ASIA..21st MAY...

S&D

Hi Jeff, thanks for that..we just are using the terminals at the hotel and connection was slow..but came back on..and here you have posted regarding the delay.. not a lot we can do about that...we will get to the dock a little later then!

Yes....the hotel is gorgeous, the weather perfect...eating way too much already..and we have not started cruising yet. They have given us a corner suite..all round views...so fabulous..we feel very lucky indeed...we are in the exec lounge at present..trying their coffee and homemade pastries to die for...(yes..please have the forklift ready to lift me from the ship in 3 weeks time...) :D

Having a look around Perth today....lots of great parks everywhere within walking distance of the hotel....

All is well...after a SHAKY start.....

Poor Dave found he had left his glasses at home, and one of the CREDIT CARDS!!!!!

....but fortunately his ever vigilant personal assistant had thought to bring her cards along too..so all is now well...:eek:

Travellers to Perth to cruise on the Sun will be pleasantly surprised..a very laid back city and so easy to get around.

We are meeting Jeff and Robyn tonight at the irish Pub, and then tomorrow Vera is picking us up and we are off to the CC gathering in East Perth for dinner.

A very big thanks you to Dave and Maureen and Bob and Kath for making this a wonderful start to our trip, they both have magnificent homes, they sure know how to live - here in the West!!

We had a GREAT chineses meal with them at Connelly last night, one of the best Asian meals we have ever had too!

OK...all for now..we are off to walk along the river.

S&D

:( IMPORTANT NOTE

PRINCESS NOW ADVISES THAT DUE TO OPERATIONAL REASONS THE SHIP WILL BE SEVERAL HOURS LATE ARRIVING IN FREMANTLE RESULTING IN A DELAY IN OUR SAILING.

I still think they may be having some technical problem necessitating reduced speeds (which is why they canceled Malacca from this and our - 11 June - cruise but not from yours).

Hope you will all have a fabulous cruise - we'll be right behind you !! :p

From all these posts, sounds like one BIG precruise party happening in Perth, enjoy it all of you.!! Never seen cruisers so Pumped up. GREAT.!:p

Cheers..Les:cool:

Hey Sandra and Dave Good to see you had a first good day. What time does the ship leave now?? We will keep the sun shinning for you both Bob and Kath

PS Cant find Dave and Maureen email address to send them the link. If u can send it or send it to them. Bob

I'm pretty sure our cruise buddies from 2007, Stella and Les from Perth, are on this cruise. She works in a pharmacy and he works for Australia Post.

If you happen to come across them, please give them our best wishes. They were great fun.:)

Jenny & Graeme

Hi megagirl..thanks for the message, hopefully we may get to meet your friends...

Trish...no worries, hope you can make it..if not..we may catch up on another cruise...and of course..there is ALWAYS another cruise...:D xx

Last night we met our friends Jeff and Robyn from Melbourne, and shared a meal at the Irish Pub - Fenians..then we all went back to our hotel and had a bottle of bubbly - compliments of the hotel...we were lucky...they sent us 2 bottles..and CHOCOLATES too!! I will be giving this hotel a great report!!

We are waiting to see what happens tomorrow at Fremantle, ....there will be a lot of confusion I would say, as many embarking pax may not be aware of the delay of the ship. We may find ourselves lined up at the dock in the rain...if the weather changes. All part of the fun!!!:)

Still... I am more concerned for the poor people disembarking who may have flights that may now be missed etc?...does anyone know what the problem is?

Geoff...have you heard anything on the grapevine? Hopefully we won't have too many delays, and things go smoothly for this cruise.

Another gorgeous day in Perth, we walked along the riverside, did a little shopping and we keep stopping for cappucino wherever we go...we have had a lovely stay here, very pretty and friendly , laid back city.

We are off the Vera's (westaussie) today, and then on to the CC meet n greet, looking forward to that. Will post tomorrow night from the ship - and let you all know how the CC evening goes, and also how we go at the port!

We have our $3 umbrella packed...:eek: at least one of us will be dry if it rains while we are waiting there. LOL

Kaseyoz....yes, this may well be a long thread, hopefully it will also be a fun one!

Bob and Kath....thanks again, and we will email from the ship. XX

Hugs to our girls if they are reading this..XXXXXX

S&D

Geoff...have you heard anything on the grapevine? Hopefully we won't have too many delays, and things go smoothly for this cruise.

Sorry Sandra & Dave,

Have turned my grapes into wine and drank them. My grapevine is empty! ;)

:p S&D looking forward to your day to day reports of this cruise, we are booked on it for next year, have been watching Sun Princess' webcam and the sea looks very calm as we are going in July next year have fingers crossed for good weather. Hope you have a great cruise, will be enjoying a virtual cruise via the webcam, which will have to do for now. :)

Hi everyone...

Had a tiring day, walking around perth, but SOOO worth it, we saw the fantastic Kings Park..wow. what a view, and toddled over to Harbour Town where we got Dave 2 shirts,,,nice ones too...for the cruise...$7 for 2..we were laughing....it was such a silly sale!!!!

Gorgeous day again in Perth....had a lovely evening with the CC group at the Royal river side brasserie...great food, service was slow. ... no problems.....but a fab setting overlooking the water. We had about 14 of the group show up, and we are off to a good start for the trip. Would recommend this venue, very nice, with good food. Easy to get to and very central.

It was really great to catch up with our friends from previous cruises..everyone is very excited about the cruise. The general feeling is that we will all go a little later to the port, and generally hang out until we can board, hoping there will be a luggage drop off at some stage so we can pop into Fremantle for a walk around.

Big thanks to Vera once again for picking us up and taking us to her lovely home for the afternoon..we are lucky...she's such a sweet girl!

We did try the room service later - around midnight at the hotel...had some naughty wedges with sour cream and yet more coffee...to top off a perfect perth day...we are so happy with everything so far..happy campers here.

Will post tonight at some point when we board...and keep you all up to date..

we just hope the rain keeps away until late..as some is forecast for tonight.

Thanks for the posts, chez and witchy and geoff....stay tuned!!

S&D

S&D

Sandra and Dave, good luck for your evening boarding, hope all goes well. Just got SP webcam up, SP is still on way to Freo, I could see no land in the pic.!! I won't start a rumor, but must be something wrong with propulsion causing late arrival in Freo?

Cheers..Les:cool:

Yes can see the Port of Freo on the webcam at last.

Sandra! Please no dawdling like this tardy bunch heading back a tad late, just to catch a little more on board time. We want you back nice & promptly now, as 21 days is plenty of time for your lot before we leave on the 11th.

Have a great trip & hope it is not too late that you leave tonight & the party can start:p

Jane

Hi Sandra & Dave

How exciting - and it sounds like you've had a wonderful time in Perth!

Looking forward to you regular instalments!:)

Have a WONDERFUL cruise!! Will be following you on the webcam!

Here, here Jane! - please, please, please don't be late for us "11th of Juners" - the waiting is hard enough now.

Sandra & fellow CC'ers, have a wonderful holiday. I will be looking forward to reading all your news & tips regarding the ship, port tours etc. Wish I could be there to wave you all off, however, I promise that I'll make the effort to be there to welcome you home :) :) :) :)

It's a beautifull day here in Perth, so let's cross fingers that we have similar weather in 3 weeks time.

Cheers

Mandy

:eek: Why oh why do we insist on taking the whole wardrobe every time we travel. Now where can I hire a forklift at short notice. SP tied up alongside Fremantle harbour per cruise cam at 12:15PM. Boarding is still 5pm to 7pm. Not sure what time we sail but suspect it will be 8pm or thereabouts. Bon Voyage fellow CC members. Finally we are on our way.:D

Archived