SUN PRINCESS "DAY BY DAY" CRUISE REPORT..ASIA..21st MAY...

S&D

Hi Lorraine, thanks for that, I'm sure Vera will see your post on here... but I will pass that on !...

Keep a look out on here as we will be posting once we have arrived in Perth on Sunday!:)

Regards

S&D:)

111_o2.gif.30d6bcb64805409e7eb79f5506278fc6.gif

I shall have a peek into a mini suite and be very envious of your accommodations...:eek: .we looked at your photos on your link......wonderful....just lovely..looked like you had a great time on the Sun.

S&D

SP was wonderful for us, can't wait for your running commentary.

The aft mini-suite was great, which we see as a special treat and do not regret the extra bucks we paid. We had not been able to get away for a real holiday for 3 years before.

Alas, I wish we could afford those lodgings all the time. For now, we are happy to book insides for our future cruises, especially knowing that DD usually only shared our cabin space between 1am and breakfast wake up.

Hi Lorraine - yes, I'm another cc addict and have to check on here before doing anything else each morning...!

Thanks for your good wishes - pity we didn't meet in February - maybe a cruise somewhere down the line.

Vera

Hi everyone....

Well..we can't believe it...we have finished work tonight, and we are actually on official holidays for a month!...Woo Hoo!!!!!.....:D

Wow...it's 10 degrees here at the moment. rain, wind and hail forecast tonight and tomorrow...it's FREEZING!!

We will finish the packing tomorrow, and our neighbour is dropping us at the airport early on Sunday morning for an 11 o'clock flight to Perth.

I will really miss our 2 daughters ( as always)..:o and our little grandbubs too...but it will be lovely to bring them home lots of goodies on our return. I always get a buzz - shopping for them when we are overseas!!

Our first travel post will be on Sunday night...from Perth...and we will post again from the hotel - after we have had our meet and greet with our friends in the CC group on Tuesday night. We have arranged a drinks/dinner get together at a hotel in Perth...looking forward to that.

Geoff....thanks for your reply...that mini looked like a full suite on most ships...we will treat ourselves one day....

All for now...

S&D

0130-0604-2919-5357_TN.jpg.a9b09d394fea09c966113451da7a6b02.jpg

Hi Lorraine - yes, I'm another cc addict and have to check on here before doing anything else each morning...!

Thanks for your good wishes - pity we didn't meet in February - maybe a cruise somewhere down the line.

Vera

Hi Vera, just looked up where you are going...great .

including my old stomping ground of Malacca(we lived at Sentosa Gardens)

please write a report when you get back.

kind regards, Lorraine:) :)

Hi everyone....

Well..we can't believe it...we have finished work tonight, and we are actually on official holidays for a month!...Woo Hoo!!!!!.....:D

Wow...it's 10 degrees here at the moment. rain, wind and hail forecast tonight and tomorrow...it's FREEZING!!

We will finish the packing tomorrow, and our neighbour is dropping us at the airport early on Sunday morning for an 11 o'clock flight to Perth.

I will really miss our 2 daughters ( as always)..:o and our little grandbubs too...but it will be lovely to bring them home lots of goodies on our return. I always get a buzz - shopping for them when we are overseas!!

Our first travel post will be on Sunday night...from Perth...and we will post again from the hotel - after we have had our meet and greet with our friends in the CC group on Tuesday night. We have arranged a drinks/dinner get together at a hotel in Perth...looking forward to that.

Geoff....thanks for your reply...that mini looked like a full suite on most ships...we will treat ourselves one day....

All for now...

S&D

Once again, Bon Voyage. I will be here reading and savoring your every word.

Marilee

Hi Anne and Alan...

Thanks for the good wishes...we are furiously packing the last of the luggage now....we will email from the ship...

Will be sure to pass on a big hello to Peter and Yvonne and anyone else you know on there!

Awful cold wet rainy day here...looking forward to the heat!!!!

love and hugs

S&D

xxxx

0019-0402-0403-0506_TN.jpg.6a02765e4c607a18086048e7c6928ec9.jpg

Thanks Les...keep checking in on here....we will be posting from Perth soon...

we are freezing here in SA...bring on the hot weather!!!!:D

S&D:)

0037-0706-1720-2223_TN.jpg.e5a59d1955c8e2d7b7817bd74a97883f.jpg

Hi S&D,

So it's just a few more days now. You replied to my post with a fantastic review of your times in Tahiti, that we fell in love with the islands (they're simply irrestistible).

I'm sure you will pass on glowing reports of the Orient..and hopefully tempt us again.

Have a wonderful holiday..fair sailing and great memories.

Kind regards,

Anna

Thanks Anna,

so kind of you....we are so excited...leaving for the airport at 9 am in the morning..we have been promised a nice sunny day by our friends in Perth!

Will do the very best we can on the trip and keep it interesting for all our CC er's on here.

You will love Tahiti..we will be looking at a cruise there or Hawaai or Mexico in 2010..we love the tropical places as you can tell!

S&D

0463-0804-3015-2522_TN.jpg.218f64546c6e91089ffba9f75858a143.jpg

S& D, we are waiting for your live feed from your Perth 5 star hotel on the Swan River.

I am going cheap pre cruise, the Perth Ibis @ $69. !! No doubt you are at the Perth Sheraton or Hilton or something like that, good onya.

Waiting, waiting..cheers..Les:cool:

Woo Hoo guys...

wow..what a day....we had the best flight over to Perth, set off from Adelaide airport in cool weather, had a great trip over...just over 3 hours.

Food was very nice on the plane..Qantas flight...and they gave us choccy bars and ice cream after lunch...(yes..like we need more food):eek:

Arrived in Perth at 1 pm....lovely sunny day, fine with no wind..just perfect.

We were met by Bob and Kath, our friends from previous cruises..and had a mini tour around Perth and beaches on the way to their BEAUTIFUL home.

It is SOOO green over here compared with SA. A beautiful city with a lovely waterfont area and the river is gorgeous.

On the way we popped into Dave and Maureen..also previous cruise buddies, who enticed us to stay over a few wines/beers..so lovely to catch up.

What did we talk about.???....CWOOOOZING of course...:) ..we all had a lovely afternoon, and we are now getting ready to go out for a Chineses meal with them all.

In the morning we are getting dropped off to the Sheraton..yes Les..you are right!!...they have upgraded us to a full suite for our 2 day stay..we will just have to force ourselves to partake of the executive lounge drinks I suppose..oh well...someone has to do it..:D LOL....

Will be checking in again tomorrow night .....best wishes to everyone... the trip has started off..FANTASTIC!!!!

S&D

I am going cheap pre cruise, the Perth Ibis @ $69. !!

Les

let me know about the Ibis. From my experience they are good average digs. (Part of Accor group)

We are staying in Perth 2 nights next year and I am still exploring options

cheers

Welcome to Perth Sandra and Dave. We really have turned on the best weather for your arrival and more of the same to come for the next couple of days. The best bit is rain Wednesday night but by then we should be well on our way. Cheers and see you at the Royal on Tuesday.:)

Great kick off for your holiday Sandra and Dave, doing it in style, Enjoy, look forward to more reports. Green with envy !

Flipper, yes mate, I will report on Ibis, only doing one night in Perth precruise, got their June/July winter rate.

Cheers all..Les:cool:

Dear Sandra,

Welcome to Perth!. I don't think I am going to be able to get to The Royal tomorrow night as my work has rostered me on the late shift all week. I had not been on the late shift for ages and didn't even think to write a note in our roster book to make sure they didn't put me on the late shift. Anyway when I go into work this afternoon I am going to see if someone can cover for me or perhaps swap. Everyone hates the late shift so I don't like my chances!!.

Regards,

Trish

Ps Enjoy the Sheraton!!!! I love the food there!.:)

Having a great day..lovely weather..Perth is a wonderful place..had a great time with our friends. Checked into the Sheraton, Fabulous hotel, lovely suite 22nd floor, views of the river...wow...

Will update this tomorrow everyone...

S&D

:( IMPORTANT NOTE

PRINCESS NOW ADVISES THAT DUE TO OPERATIONAL REASONS THE SHIP WILL BE SEVERAL HOURS LATE ARRIVING IN FREMANTLE RESULTING IN A DELAY IN OUR SAILING.

BOARDING IS NOW BETWEEN 5PM AND 7PM.:(

Above phone message received from Princess at 12.50pm WST Monday 19 May 2008.

Archived