Who Has Booked Alaska for '09???

Host Caroline

DH and I are booked for HAL Glacier Bay Cruise Tour out of Vancouver on May 24th. This will be our first Alaska trip and we are very excited. I wasn't able to read through ALL the posts on this thread so asking...any one else book for this cruise tour starting in Vancouver and ending in Fairbanks?

Lynne:)

On Jan.2 I got the email from Princess for the 2/1 special. I wanted to take advantage of the special but knew I had till Feb. 28. Well, on Jan. 14 or 16, I got another special offer at an even lower price! Had to take advantage of it! We are sailing out of Whittier on the Coral Princess on May 25. I can't believe I'm getting to go again. This is our third year in a row to go. I would really enjoy going to Alaska every year (I hope my DH is beginning to agree.)

My husband and I just booked Coral Princess Whittier to Vancouver today. Price was too good to pass up. What we are paying for 2 in a balcony cabin is less than we had planned for one person!! Guess due to the economy, travel is suffering. The vacation is what you make of it. Will go with a positive attitude and hope we don't have any problems :)

DH and myself, along with my cousin & his wife, are booked on the Direct to the Wilderness cruise tour June 11, 2009. We will be on the Island Princess southbound from Whittier to Vancouver June 15. This is our second cruise and we're really excited about the Alaskan cruise.

Just booked for the NCL Star repositioning from LA to Vancouver via Juneau and Ketchikan at the end of April- 2nd visit to Alaska and our 1st cruise with our 15 month old son; 1st Alaska trip was on HAL's Ryndham a few years ago and we won the cruise lottery for a free trip to the Caribbean- maybe we'll get lucky again...

It's our second cruise (2003 Greek Islands on the now defunct Festival/First European line).

We can't wait. Can't quite explain it, but this July 4th sailing on HAL had some substantially lower prices than the other lines, and the weeks before and after.

-MrB

Hi Everyone:

We talked about going to Alaska for years. Always thought it would be a few years away. Well, we got this INCREDIBLE deal for a 12 night cruise & tour on Princess at a price that was too good to pass up. So, we jumped at it, right out of the blue.

It's the June 15th Coral Princess from Vancouver to Whittier, then the Wilderness Train to Denali (2 nights) then Mt. McKinley (2 nights). We're staying in a Mini-Suite.

This is our first Princess cruise. We're mostly NCL cruisers, but are really looking forward to trying Princess.

The only drawback is the flight. We usually sail out of NYC because I don't fly well. Oh, if only they did Alaska cruises out of NYC :)

So, the 6 hour flight from NJ to Seattle will be a bit tough. But I'll get over it. We can't wait!

And I thought I was the "SuperSherry" cruiser. (ha, ha) My husband and I love cruising and wish we could do it more.

We are going to be on the Ryndam on 8/28/09. We were scheduled on the Coral Princess southbound but now changing to a northbound Ryndam cruise so we can make the Alaska State Fair on Sat., 9/5 to see the giant vegetables for this year. Suppose to be a big thing up there so we will see what it is all about.

We are booked on the Radiance of the Seas for a 11 night cruise. We leave San Diego May 11 and end up in Vancouver May 22.

Celebrating our 50th anniversary and thought since Alaska was celebrating their 50th it would be fitting. We are RCCL Platinum members so hopefully they will surprise us with cake or something. :)

We planned to book a cruise tour in 2010 but decided to go on the Island Princess on the Aug 3 cruise from Vancouver to Whittier. Then we have a 6 day cruise tour booked that will take us to the Princess lodges and on northward to Fairbanks. We still have the air arrangements to figure out and are hoping prices will get a bit lower before we book.

We are going to Alaska for the first time on the Pearl Aug. 16 - 23. First family cruise and first trip to Alaska....we are very excited!

We just booked the NCL Pearl for the 16th - 23rd too! First Alaska cruise, but not our first cruise.

...looks like we're booking a family reunion cruise to Alaska tomorrow aboard the Celebrity Mercury for August, round trip out of Vancouver...

it'll be a bit if a departure from our cruise last April aboard Oceania's Regatta from Rome to Venice, it was nice and warm, no glaciers...

cheers,

the Imagineer

We will be on the Star Princess July 26 for our Honeymoon!

I've been to Alaska before, in 2001 with my (now ex) in-laws. Now I'm divorced and getting remarried, and going to Alaska again! My fiance has never been to Alaska, but I know he will love it. He's from Montana and loves the wilderness.

In late July/early August, we are spending a week in Washington state visiting Mt Rainier, Mt St Helens, Olympic National Park, an orca trip/boat tour of the San Juan Islands, and 2 days in Seattle. Then we are taking a RT cruise on the HA Zaandam!

MiloKitty –

Please tell me how you booked your Rainier / St. Helens tours. We are RT Seattle arriving 2 days prior to Alaska cruise and I’d love to see St. Helens. You are the first I’ve heard doing these tours.

I'll be boarding as you're leaving. Keep things tidy for us!!!!! Can't wait.

We are on the Star 6/6/09! Kinda wish we were on the 6/13 sailing, because Simone the concierge will be back onboard..but didn't want to go for the higher fare that week!

We will keep it all in tip top shape for you all!

Archived