Who Has Booked Alaska for '09???

Host Caroline

We're booked for our 20th wedding anniversary on the 14 day Ultimate Alaska cruise out of Vancouver on the RCI Serenade of the Seas in cold and rainy September!

Our first Alaska cruise and we can't wait the 260 days til we set sail. DH was born in Alaska and raised in San Francisco Bay area; I'm a native San Diegan and we spent our tenth anniversary in Seattle. This itinerary includes these ports for a very special Inside Passage and Pacific Coast cruise experience for us.

I would have loved to be able to join you on the 14 day Ultimate! My husband has tons of vacation time on the books but doesn't like to be away that long! Work-a-holic :eek: We're sailing early September and I heard be prepared for rain, but that it will be a beautiful time still. I'm hoping to see the aurora borealis ... I read March and Sept are best times to view it, hope what I read is true :) My DH was born and raised in SF too ... we'll be celebrating our 25th April 2010 :) Our Sept cruise is to celebrate my 50th bday.

We got a awsome e-mail from Princess 2 for 1 special that we couldn't refuse..........:) So we booked 7/12/09 on the Star Princess out of Seattle. This will be our 3rd Alaskan Cruise, the Coral out of Vancouver in Sept '07 and the Golden out of Seattle in Sept '08. I so can't wait to go back even though it means I will be working my backside off to pay for it.

I would have loved to be able to join you on the 14 day Ultimate! My husband has tons of vacation time on the books but doesn't like to be away that long! Work-a-holic :eek: We're sailing early September and I heard be prepared for rain, but that it will be a beautiful time still. I'm hoping to see the aurora borealis ... I read March and Sept are best times to view it, hope what I read is true :) My DH was born and raised in SF too ... we'll be celebrating our 25th April 2010 :) Our Sept cruise is to celebrate my 50th bday.

Yes - it was a stretch for us to commit the 14 days with work, etc. We both have worked so much we just decided you only live once. Congrats on the 25th anniversary and 50th birthday! We also celebrated my husbands 50th last year with a cruise and the same for me a couple of years ago. It is the very best way to celebrate these special milestones. Have a great cruise to Alaska on the Serenade!

DH & I are booked on the June 22 Coral Princess southbound. We'll actually be in Alaska the week before on a cruisetour to Prudhoe Bay. Hey, to all you celebrating your 50th birthday, did you plan it that you'd be in AK for their 50th year celebration also? What a neat thing to do to celebrate.

We just booked the Golden Princess for August 15, 2009! Going with my husband, 16 yr old son and 13 yr old daughter. :D Got a great deal with the Princess Sale going on. We are in a AC mini-suite.

Can't wait for our 4th cruise to Alaska!

I was wondering when someone would start a 2009 thread! I don't have an Alaska trip in the works for 2009, as much as I would love to return a 3rd time....But if I found a really great last-minute deal on a cruise early in the cruise season - especially for a roundtrip - I just might do it! :)

My post above was made on May 14, 2008. I succumbed to the Princess sale last week, and booked the May 23rd Golden Princess! I have 2 plane tickets on hold, and am just waiting to hear that my friend can get the vacation time. :)

Princess CruiseTour IB5 beginning July 6, 2009 in Fairbanks.

Sailing on the Diamond Princess from Whittier to Vancouver.

First time to Alaska. Sailing with my wife.

We will be joined by another family couple.

We are both in AE Mini-Suites....hoping to get to AC.

Just starting to plan for shore excursions.

Looking for advice for tours in Skagway, Ketchikan, and Juneau.

We also have a free day, July 5th, in Anchorage before flying to Fairbanks on July 6th.

Well, first I booked a b2b on Radiance, then I booked a b2b on Celebrity, then I got the email with Princess' 2 for 1 sale. The price I got for a 13 day cruisetour with Princess really beat the b2b pricing with either cruiseline. I got an AC minisuite too vs and oceanview with Radiance and a Concierge room with Celebrity.

We are booked for June 5, R/T from Seattle on Rhapsody of the Seas. It's our sixth cruise but our first to Alaska. Taking the inside passage. Any tips, from you experienced Alaskan cruisers, other than what we have read on the net. We always book a balcony and this time we are port side, deck 8, mid-ship. Any info. is appreciated.

2 for 1 Princess fares got us off the fence to book the Princess Diamond southbound for June 27th, 2009.

We will be doing independent tour for 1 week before the cruise. Did cruisetour 1st time in Alaska, so feel prepared to do own tour this time around. This will be our 6th cruise with Princess.

We got such a good deal on one of the aft cabins that we couldn't pass it up.

Going on RCL's Serenade of the Sea, May 16th out of Vancouver. Sailing with our good freinds Hal and Marianne. Haven't been to Alaska for 2 years need a fix...........:D

Vie Lee

Archived