Who Has Booked Alaska for '09???

Host Caroline

We are on the Star 6/6/09! Kinda wish we were on the 6/13 sailing, because Simone the concierge will be back onboard..but didn't want to go for the higher fare that week!

We will keep it all in tip top shape for you all!

We'll be on the NCL Star the week before you! Any idea who the concierge is going to be since you say Simone will be on vacation then. Only 4 months and 2 days til sailaway! We're getting excited!:D

We'll be on the NCL Star the week before you! Any idea who the concierge is going to be since you say Simone will be on vacation then. Only 4 months and 2 days til sailaway! We're getting excited!:D

No idea, but I am dying to find out. The ships co-ordinated says they will let me know as soon as she knows. :confused:

We just booked the Golden Princess out of Seattle for May 16.. DH has never been to Seattle so we are going early so I can show him around a bit... my boss swears I get even more ornery if I don't get an Alaska fix at least every other year:rolleyes:

Island Princess ... 8/3/09 ... first time to Alaska ... going with friends who have been once before about 15 years ago. Anyone else on this cruise with us????

• 3 weeks later...
Anyone else booked Alaska for this year?

From what I've been reading, reservations are down about 35% for this year's cruise season. It looks like our May 30th cruise still has a lot of empty cabins.

I am sure this is due to the economy. Of course, it hasnt affected us...we still are booking! ;)

We are going in June...and it looks like there are still many cabins available too.

We're off to Mexico on April 18th onboard the Sapphire and then north to Alaska, onboard the Golden, on September 5th. Talk about temperature changes and price differences. :p

We'll be driving to Seattle from L.A. (love the northern landscapes!)

I'll have husband and Service Dog in tow......Anybody want to hitch a ride?

It's a huge Expedition, of course, with my luggage and Arizona Ice Tea and doggie paraphenalia with us.....there may not be room!:o

DH, brother and wife, friends are going on our first Alaskan cruise 20 August. It is DH and mine first ever cruise. We are excited! I am now researching excursions. We are going on the Island Princess. Most comments have been good about this ship and I hope they are right, or I will never get DH on another cruise. He fought this cruise for years but since we have been married for 40 years and this is the way I wanted to celebrate he gave in. (Which he always does ;)).

We are set for our first Alaska cruise sailing on June 26, going with two other couples. Last summer we booked with Princess and then changed to Celebrity when the prices started dropping. Celebrity offered a much better price for the dates that we could travel.

We're off to Mexico on April 18th onboard the Sapphire and then north to Alaska, onboard the Golden, on September 5th. Talk about temperature changes and price differences. :p

We'll be driving to Seattle from L.A. (love the northern landscapes!)

I'll have husband and Service Dog in tow......Anybody want to hitch a ride?

It's a huge Expedition, of course, with my luggage and Arizona Ice Tea and doggie paraphenalia with us.....there may not be room!:o

Wizard,

Don't spread the word about our "Virgo's" cruise to Alaska. Hey , you know what they say, the more the marrier. Let's talk about hitchin a ride....I know you're local, my DW and I are in OC.

Chirs

Wizard,

Don't spread the word about our "Virgo's" cruise to Alaska. Hey , you know what they say, the more the marrier. Let's talk about hitchin a ride....I know you're local, my DW and I are in OC.

Chirs

Hey, Chris, that's funny.....we've turned the cruise into a "Virgo" thing.

We live in Northridge and will be leaving on Monday, September 1st. We're giving ourselves lots of time for the trip and will be stopping in Eugene, Oregon, along the way; to visit our daughter, who bought a huge home in the midst of wine vineyards; grazing deer and the most beautiful blue sky and rolling hills, I've ever seen.

She get lots of snow, when it gets cold enough and the stars (I swear) are right off her upstairs deck.

You're welcome to "hitch", if you can leave on the 1st and don't mind sharing some of the back of the SUV with a 60 pound Black Lab.;)

We have a family and friends group booked on the 5/10/09 Star Princess. We are very excited. I have sailed on RCCL, Princess, Carni and Regent. Regent by far has the most for the dollar with the all-inclusive excursions and air promo as well as the alcohol and tips. Princess on the other hand is the best experience for us with large commercialized cruise liners. Hipe you find the right one for you.

My adult daughter and I are sailing on the Star Princess r/t Seattle Inside Passage on September 13th. Neither of us has been to Alaska, so we are quite excited. We have not cruised together before. She and her hubby have only been on one short cruise previously, and are going on another short one this Spring.

I really don't like 7 day cruises because they are too short, but I succumbed to the terrific 2-for-1 pricing offer for Alaska. I elected not to do a cruise tour at this time because I didn't want to have to deal with flying to Anchorage. Getting to and from Seattle from Florida is a big enough PIA.

Anyway, I am excited at this opportunity to see a bit of our northernmost State.

SO and I are booked on the Regent Seven Seas Mariner Sept. 9-16; Vancouver to Seward. We are spending a few days prior in Vancouver. My third trip to Alaska and his first cruise. Looking forward to going back and seeing it again through the eyes of a first time cruiser. Lots of virtual friends are going too.

I am so excited! We are taking the Silver Shadow, part of Silversea cruise line - we have sailed on SS before, but never on the Shadow, and this is our very first time in Alaska! I like the itinerary, which is round trip Vancouver - I was able to use my FF miles for 2 coach tickets, which was a deciding factor. Its also 10 days, and stops for a day in Victoria, BC - I haven't been back to Victoria for many years, so am really looking forward to that. We plan on taking the White Horse train in Skagway, and a boat excursion to Misty Fjords when we get to Katchikan.

Everyone I know who has taken a cruise to Alaska comes back raving about the scenic beauty, and we are really looking forward to it! Also, we had better get a view of the glaciers before they are melted.........

Glenda

Hi, we have just booked for the last Serenade OTS cruise on 09/12/09 for our 30th anniv. This is our first cruise and we are so excited and not sure what to expect both on and off the ship. So many decisions on where to go ... aaaahhhh .... will my clothes still fit after all that lovely food, decisions, decisions. Not sure on ship etiquette but have enough time to learn - I hope.:p

Hi, we have just booked for the last Serenade OTS cruise on 09/12/09 for our 30th anniv. This is our first cruise and we are so excited and not sure what to expect both on and off the ship. So many decisions on where to go ... aaaahhhh .... will my clothes still fit after all that lovely food, decisions, decisions. Not sure on ship etiquette but have enough time to learn - I hope.:p

Welcome to Cruise Critic! You've come to the right place for answers. :cool:

We are booked on the Coral Princess 8-24-09 northbound. This will be our first cruise to Alaska. Can't wait.

Archived