Who Has Booked Alaska for '09???

Host Caroline

We're booked on the Coral NB September 7th - SO excited! It's our third cruise, but second time on the Coral to Alaska (yup, that was our first cruise ever). Alaska is so wonderful we couldn't resist. Our cruising pals can't join us, so we'll be making new friends on this one. May take a stab at Traditional dining at a large table - new experiences indeed!

• 2 weeks later...

Just paid for our cruise tour flying heathrow to seattle 2 nts here then fly to fairbanks for 2 nights.2 nts Denali,1 nt Mckinley,I night Anchorage then southbound cruise 6/6 to vancouver then back to uk.

Cant wait....Cmon!!!!:D

Sapphire Princess Aloha deck balcony!!

We are also going!!!:D We booked the Pacific Princess 14 day cruise with all those new ports of Kodiak, Valdez, Seward, and Icy Strait Point. I can't wait! I am also envious of all you first-timers to Alaska. This is a magnificent place! The scenery alone will inspire you! We are going in August this time, so hope to see all those bears!! Have fun all!

We're off to Mexico on April 18th onboard the Sapphire and then north to Alaska, onboard the Golden, on September 5th. Talk about temperature changes and price differences. :p

At least you can buy that Mexican blanket to take up to Alaska!

We're booked for the Island Princess in June. Can't wait!

My wife and I are celebrating our 40th Wedding Annversary on 14 June 2009 by taking the Island Princes out of Vancouver on 22 June. Have three mini-suites booked so our boys and their familes can join us. Youngest son and his wife also celebrating 10 years. We are sooooo ready to set sail. Just counting the days!! Anyone else joing us?? In 23 pages we are the first to post on this particular cruise!!

Cheers, Kenn

My wife and I are celebrating our 40th Wedding Annversary on 14 June 2009 by taking the Island Princes out of Vancouver on 22 June. Have three mini-suites booked so our boys and their familes can join us. Youngest son and his wife also celebrating 10 years. We are sooooo ready to set sail. Just counting the days!! Anyone else joing us?? In 23 pages we are the first to post on this particular cruise!!

Cheers, Kenn

Congrats on 40 years! Hope you and your family enjoy your cruise!

Congrats on 40 years! Hope you and your family enjoy your cruise!

Thanks for the congrats!! It has been a wonderful ride. I wouldn't change a thing!! I guarantee we will have a ball on our cruise. 2 weeks with the Grandson alone would be wonderful. I am retired USAF and my son is a Capt in the AF with 16 years in so this is the first time in over 20 years that we can vacation all together!! That's the really special part.

Cheers, Kenn

Thanks for the congrats!! It has been a wonderful ride. I wouldn't change a thing!! I guarantee we will have a ball on our cruise. 2 weeks with the Grandson alone would be wonderful. I am retired USAF and my son is a Capt in the AF with 16 years in so this is the first time in over 20 years that we can vacation all together!! That's the really special part.

Cheers, Kenn

That's great! My parents took the whole family on a Mexico cruise just before their 40th because it was the only time we could all go together. It was a great time! You'll have a blast. It's nice to have a family get away and not worry about a thing (except how the pants will fit at the end of the cruise).

That's great! My parents took the whole family on a Mexico cruise just before their 40th because it was the only time we could all go together. It was a great time! You'll have a blast. It's nice to have a family get away and not worry about a thing (except how the pants will fit at the end of the cruise).

Boy I know what you meanby how the pants fit. Not this time though. I have been losing weight and working out. Started out at 252 and am down into the low 230's in 10 weeks. It was long past time to get this thing under control. I will never get back to my Active Duty weight of 180 but I WILL get back to 200. I plan on eating wisely for breakfast and lunch. Lots of fruit etc. And then a normal dinner meal. I draw the line at cutting out the wine though!! A man can only go so far!!

Cheers, Kenn

We're booked on a 14 day land/sea excursion on the Volendam, beginning in Anchorage and ending up in Vancouver.

The biggest issue we're facing now is figuring out what optional day activities we want to book. We've booked ziplining in Ketchikan and white-water rafting in Denali. Beyond those two, we're still contemplating.....perhaps a flightseeing tour to McKinley?

We are going on our first cruise on May 30th from Seattle to Alaska for seven days on the Golden Princess. I am worried after hearing so many negative feedbacks regarding both Princess and the Golden Princess. Is it really that bad? Any suggestions

We are going on our first cruise on May 30th from Seattle to Alaska for seven days on the Golden Princess. I am worried after hearing so many negative feedbacks regarding both Princess and the Golden Princess. Is it really that bad? Any suggestions

You wouldn't happen to be out trolling would you?

Bill

Princess and especially the Golden Princess are my very favorite.....and, I'm picky!

The Golden is just the right size....not too big, not too small. We'll be on her, again, our 4th time, in September to Alaska. And, if it weren't for our Sapphire cruise in April.....the September one would be the most exciting cruise coming up! :p

Another good thing about cruising Alaska on Princess - they bring on Alaskan salmon. Celebrity does not do that.

One of many reasons I like Princess is that smoked salmon is always available for breakfast. AND NOW, I get salmon at dinner too?? Woohoo! :D

We booked 8-28-09 RCL Rhapsody of the Seas leaving Seattle.:p

Is anyone else out there going on this cruise?:confused:

Welcome to Cruise Critic. Best way to meet others on the same ship is the roll calls. Your roll call is here. Be sure to chime in.:cool:

Archived