Who Has Booked Alaska for '09???

Host Caroline

To celebrate our 25th anniversary, we are going on the Westerdam May 31, round trip cruise from Seattle.

Does anyone know how they work the time change on Alaska cruises? I know it's an hour earlier in Alaska than Seattle, then change again on the way back. How do they keep the dining hours straight, do they announce to everyone about the time change?

I'm also hoping Princess brings on board some crabs! Not the human kind though.

Not meaning to go totally off topic.....but, did you see the ShibaInu on David Letterman last night? OMG! This dog would turn into a "he-devil" when given a word command.....It was hysterical!!!

Boy I know what you meanby how the pants fit. Not this time though. I have been losing weight and working out. Started out at 252 and am down into the low 230's in 10 weeks. It was long past time to get this thing under control. I will never get back to my Active Duty weight of 180 but I WILL get back to 200. I plan on eating wisely for breakfast and lunch. Lots of fruit etc. And then a normal dinner meal. I draw the line at cutting out the wine though!! A man can only go so far!!

Cheers, Kenn

I had been on a strict diet and lost a ton of weight (well maybe not a TON, but about 65 pounds). I was very leery of cruising at first because I was afraid of gaining.

So for breakfast I had fruit and maybe some oatmeal, lunch-lots and lots of veggies, and then dinner I ate whatever was on the menu, with the exception of bread and starches...avoided those. But I still had my wine and champagne (much better than bread any day!)

I walked on the treadmill every day as well.

By the end of the cruise, while everyone else was complaining that their pants were tight....I had LOST 4 pounds!! I was so proud of myself!

I have since gained back some...and I don't think I will have that much discipline this next cruise...but I will at least attempt to keep it light!

Welcome to Cruise Critic. Best way to meet others on the same ship is the roll calls. Your roll call is here. Be sure to chime in.:cool:

Thank you Frank B. I'm going to do that. I'm not very computer savy & need all the help I can get.

Thank you again.

Rosebud

We just booked the Golden Princess out of Seattle for May 16.. DH has never been to Seattle so we are going early so I can show him around a bit... my boss swears I get even more ornery if I don't get an Alaska fix at least every other year:rolleyes:

I'll be joining you on Princess Golden on May 16th! I can't wait! What tours are you taking?

• 1 month later...
I'm still waiting for others to join our roll call. A few have posted, but then disappeared. We've cruised Alaska before, but this will be the first time cruising (June 23rd) out of San Francisco. No flying for us on this trip!

:):):)

We are experiencing the same problem with our roll call. Wonder why?

Lucky you! no flying! We are flying in from Atlanta to Seattle.

We were very spoiled, when we lived full time in Florida, we sailed out of all the Florida ports...45 minutes - 4hour drive depending on which port we sailed out of.

Husband and I are going on the Golden Princess the end of May, 2009. have never been to Alaska, but Princess emailed us with the most incredible prices!!! And, even "more better" we can fly directly from our town to Seattle for $140 roundtrip! Whoopee! See you on board!

Us too!! We booked the Golden about 2 months ago (after canceling 3 others due to schedule conflicts :o). We will be on the 8/8/09 sailing. My birthday is the 12th, so we will celebrate on the ship. Not a bad b-day present huh?

This will be our first time to AK and with the prices Princess offered us, we could not turn down this trip.

After asking my DS to go cruising with DH & I several times, she surprised me last weekend asking if we were serious about her coming along. So we slipped her into the 3 passenger place on our 6/19/09 Millennium Southbound cruise. We used some cruise credits we got for being Quarantined on our 1/18 cruise , and took advantage of the huge sale on the OV for SR., and of course she got the lower 3rd person rate. Too bad airfare isn't cheaper, have friends going to Europe in May, Barcelona to Amsterdam on Azamara, and they paid less for THEIR air:mad: I shopped forever for cheaper prices.

We have. Can't stand it much longer. I want to go right now!

I am breaking my standard rule for travel. Always go with no expectations. That way, whatever happens will be great! But, I am suffering from high expectation anxiety. Oh well, I guess I will distract myself by going shopping for the best walking shoes.

Here is wishing everyone a very healthy and enjoyable cruise!

Our cruise to Alaska is scheduled for the end of June on Celebrity with two other couples. It will be the first time for all of us. I'm excited about the whale watching planned at ISP and a flightseeing trip out of Ketchikan for the hubby's that the gals hope to pull off as a surprise for them with.

Archived