Around the Seabourn Water Cooler... Off topic and fun posts here!- Updated

Host Dan

The early '70s are dear to my heart but for the life of me I cannot remember the rules to Whales Tails --- although I do remember (vaguely) playing it at frat parties at Carnegie Mellon....

My husband is telling me you had to point with your elbow & quote the Prince of Wales...he has more memories of it from Bucknell than I have of CM & he says it was just an excuse to drink....but lo! even as we speak his gyrations are lively as he cries 'no sir! you sir!' etc.

It's been many a day since I've seen him this animated!

You've caused us both great pleasure as we drift down memory lane. I certainly hope we have not caused offense to those on this board who are more genteel...

Edited by shedridt
grammar

There is nothing wrong with continuing the magician thread where it is. This is the place for the mystery story, murder at sea, and Jeremy Brett musings! BTW, Nigel Bruce is 10 across in the Sunday NYTimes crossword puzzle. I knew it but smiled at the recent reference.

Thakyou for that. I am flabbergasted ( sp?). I thought you had objected that postings like mystery story and murder at sea were off topic on that thread.

Oh, and incidentally, someone has closed the thread ( see padlock).

Now what do I do?

Edited by MARIANH

Thakyou for that. I am flabbergasted ( sp?). I thought you had objected that postings like mystery story and murder at sea were off topic on that thread.

Oh, and incidentally, someone has closed the thread ( see padlock).

Now what do I do?

When Jane said "this is the place"- she meant "this thread" not the closed magician thread...

Host Dan

When Jane said "this is the place"- she meant "this thread" not the closed magician thread...

Host Dan

Thanks and apologies. My advancing years are clearly affecting my acuity. I will try to improve; but it may be too late. In which case, I will obviously have to consider my options.

Sorry again that I seem to have misunderstood.

How do I report questionable activity on this website?

Some postings - now moved at my request - concern me & I want to move this concern forward until I'm sure it's being reviewed.

That is interesting. I did not know it was possible to request posts to be removed. I thought from reading the posting rules that removal of posts was solely in the gift of Cruise Critic. And any decisions were final and could not be questioned. In fact, I thought even discussion of policy/practice was ultra vires.

I would fully understand if this topic cannot be discussed. But it would be helpful to know if my take on the rules is correct.

That is interesting. I did not know it was possible to request posts to be removed. I thought from reading the posting rules that removal of posts was solely in the gift of Cruise Critic. And any decisions were final and could not be questioned. In fact, I thought even discussion of policy/practice was ultra vires.

I would fully understand if this topic cannot be discussed. But it would be helpful to know if my take on the rules is correct.

At the upper right hand corner of every posting is a small red triangle. If one thinks a post is inappropriate he or she clicks on that triangle. You'll be asked to indicate why you think the post should be removed. The moderator will then decide whether or not the post is removed.

At the upper right hand corner of every posting is a small red triangle. If one thinks a post is inappropriate he or she clicks on that triangle. You'll be asked to indicate why you think the post should be removed. The moderator will then decide whether or not the post is removed.

I learn something new everyday. Most helpful. Thank you very much for that. Obviousy my study of the rules et al was not thorough enough!

"O! this learning, what a thing it is."

The Taming of the Shrew

William Shakespeare 1564-1616

As I said in my earlier reply that was helpful information that I did not kmow of:)

However having looked for the red triangle, I am getting a little confused.

I have seen the triangle on all postings on a thread. And then when I went back on the thread later they had all gone! This is the same for a number of threads. Do you know if there is a computer glitch that causes this? Or does some particular action cause the triangles to appear?

Struggling hard to understand how this site works and learning as I go along. Can you help?

It wasnt herewhen I started typing this and it has now appeared!

Edited by MARIANH

MARIANH, I cannot say why the triangles would disappear. They are always, on all threads, visible to me. Perhaps someone else might be able to shed some light on this phenomenon. It is very curious...

MARIANH, I cannot say why the triangles would disappear. They are always, on all threads, visible to me. Perhaps someone else might be able to shed some light on this phenomenon. It is very curious...

They appear when you are logged in.

As I said in my earlier reply that was helpful information that I did not kmow of:)

However having looked for the red triangle, I am getting a little confused.

I have seen the triangle on all postings on a thread. And then when I went back on the thread later they had all gone! This is the same for a number of threads. Do you know if there is a computer glitch that causes this? Or does some particular action cause the triangles to appear?

Struggling hard to understand how this site works and learning as I go along. Can you help?

It wasnt herewhen I started typing this and it has now appeared!

It's MAGIC.

...but one has to wonder why there are so many apologies for getting to understand the ways of a ship one has presumably traveled on before????

I've been on Seabourn once, loved it & know the rules...

Not sure what this refers to . Would you be kind enough to explain?

Thankyou.

Regards