Around the Seabourn Water Cooler... Off topic and fun posts here!- Updated

Host Dan

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you. That is very interesting, but what does "through Oct 2" and "through Oct 10" mean? Does it mean ON those dates, FROM those dates or UNTIL those dates.? I know the term is in common use in the USA but it is ambiguous to me. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you. That is very interesting, but what does "through Oct 2" and "through Oct 10" mean? Does it mean ON those dates, FROM those dates or UNTIL those dates.? I know the term is in common use in the USA but it is ambiguous to me. Any help would be appreciated.

THROUGH OCT 2 means Until 2 Oct.

No, it reads every saturday night until midnight THROUGH October 2nd. October 2nd is a Saturday, so it ends at midnight on October 2nd. Not UNTIL.

Host Dan

Thats the same thing. the last time will be Oct 2 i.e. Until.

If I read Sept 1 thru Sept 30, i understand that to be FROM Sept 1 UNTIL Sept 30

THROUGH OCT 2 means Until 2 Oct.

Until 2 Oct. means "up to but not including" 2 Oct.

Through Oct 2 means "all the way to end of Oct 2.

That's how my dictionary defines those two words anyway. Until and through are not synonymous. Interesting little exercise though:)

Thats the same thing. the last time will be Oct 2 i.e. Until.

If I read Sept 1 thru Sept 30, i understand that to be FROM Sept 1 UNTIL Sept 30

Sorry, I thought you meant "until" meaning the beginning of the day/ My mistake!

Host Dan

• 2 weeks later...
This is just a thought...anyone able to recommend some good Montreal restaurants? Heading there next week...been before but has been long time. Any other recommendations great...we are staying in Old Montreal. Thanks

Nancy,

Bonaparte Restaurant is very nice and it is in the heart of Old Montreal. I have eaten there several times and recommend it.

johnny

This is just a thought...anyone able to recommend some good Montreal restaurants? Heading there next week...been before but has been long time. Any other recommendations great...we are staying in Old Montreal. Thanks

Two I really enjoyed were

Le Paris

1812 St-Catherine W.

Montreal, Qc, H3H 1M1

514-937-4898

and

Chez La Mere Michel

1209 Rue Guy

Montreal, Quebec H3H 2K5

514-934-0473

Both very traditional French.

Nancy,

Bonaparte Restaurant is very nice and it is in the heart of Old Montreal. I have eaten there several times and recommend it.

johnny

That is so funny. That is the ONLY restaurant we do have reservations for...next Tuesday. We are staying not too far away. I have heard rave reviews so am excited to try. Thanks.

Two I really enjoyed were

Le Paris

1812 St-Catherine W.

Montreal, Qc, H3H 1M1

514-937-4898

and

Chez La Mere Michel

1209 Rue Guy

Montreal, Quebec H3H 2K5

514-934-0473

Both very traditional French.

Thanks I have written them down and will probably give both. We are real "foodies" and searching out good spots to eat is always one of the highlights of our trip!