I live in Copenhagen - can give advice

The busses in Copenhagen are all with low floor busses so it is easy to get the suitcases in.

But are your ship docking on a weekend because then you can´t use the bus.

If that is the case you can use the S-train at Nordhavn station instead.

The busses in Copenhagen are all with low floor busses so it is easy to get the suitcases in.

But are your ship docking on a weekend because then you can´t use the bus.

If that is the case you can use the S-train at Nordhavn station instead.

Thank you. Our ship arrives on a Friday.

Hi!

I've been trying to plan our one day off the Constellation with help from your excellent posts, but there are just so many! I've been reading from the beginning, but wondered if you could just direct me to any that lay out a one day plan? We're only in port from 8-5, but we're great walkers and love to keep moving. We'd rather spend our time outside walking around rather than in museums (we can skip the crown jewels). Thanks for all your help, you truly are a treasure!

Cheri

CheriKM,

I would suggest borrowing/purchasing Rick Steve's Scandinavia guide book. He has a great walking tour in there that will allow you to get a good overview of Copenhagen.

All of the sights are mentioned with enough detail to help you come up with your own plan if you want to see more.

Enjoy your day. We are in port the same hours. I wish we could have had just a few more hours to maybe spend in Tivoli.

Sheal

@ CheriKM

As other already has posted a guidebook is a good but costly option, if you contact Visit Copenhagens website they will help you with suggestion and also send you a map.

http://www.visitcopenhagen.com/

What's really amazing is I received the Copenhagen map in THREE days after ordering it online! Great Service!

What's really amazing is I received the Copenhagen map in THREE days after ordering it online! Great Service!

I went to the site the other day and couldn't locate where to order a map. Can you help me out? Thanks!

I went to the site the other day and couldn't locate where to order a map. Can you help me out? Thanks!

No problem, just click on above website and in Search (top right), enter maps of Copenhagen. It will bring up page with email address to order a free city map. Please ensure you provide them with your full mailing address.

Enjoy your cruise!

I´m not Cruisin'Europe but i will answer anyway.

There is a luggage storage at the central station or you can ask DFDS if they can offer a luggage storage at the passenger terminal but i could not find any info on their homepage.

Thanks for the quick reply!!! I have seen the initials DFDS several places on CC before, but I don't know what this is! I assume it is at or near the cruise terminal, right?? What do the initials stand for?

ColoTrvlr

DFDS is the company that serves the Copenhagen - Oslo line but also the canal tours.

DFDS stands for De Forenede Dampskibs Selskaber or in english The United Steamboat Companies.

But the canal tour is now operated by a swedish company that also has the red open top busses.

Thanks for the advice about the map. I ordered it immediately. I had actually purchased the Rick Steves book, and had planned on doing his self-guided walk. Not sure how to get from the cruise terminal to City Hall to start it, but can figure that out. Suggestions for what we should plan on doing the rest of the day would be appreciated Should we spend the money to go into Tivoli if we'll only have a short time to walk around it (and don't care about the rides)? Thanks for all the help.

Cheri

Looking through websites of a Copenhagen restaurants, I just came across the second mention of a surcharge for foreign credit cards.

On the site of Restaurant VIVA it states "When paying with foreign credit cards, there will be a charge of 4%".

I cannot remember which was the first place I noticed it on.

Here are the busy days in Copenhagen so if you don´t like the crowds in the Carribean then cross you fingers that you are not visiting on these days. :p

Now i´m just kidding you, Copenhagen has no problems with that many ships but the lines at the tourist sites would probably be longer.

1 juni, Ryndam, Celebrity Constellation, Celebrity Eclipse og Jewel Of The Seas.

Danish Viking, where did you get the information that the Ryndam will be in port on 1 June 2011? According to the port calendar, only the last 3 ships will be there. I'll be on the Eclipse. Thanks!

I think that is is the deal at several (if not all) places but i´m not sure if it 4% at all the places.

Please correct me if i´m wrong but even when i get to Norway on a visit they will charge me extra on my Visa card.

I just thought it may be of interest to those folks who try not to change any currency and want to pay most with their credit card (especially if their banks don't charge them a fee - I am not so lucky :rolleyes:, therefore use mostly cash)

@ Happy Cruiser 6143

Ryndam arrives one day before and is berthed overnight.

@ SSN

There are no racks in the busses but if you go for the backseats you can fill up a little bit more.

@ Zouave

Either take a walk along strøget pedestrian street and the side streets or take bus number 11A that will reach all the sights.

I have been researching going to the Viking museum in Roskilde and was wondering if anyone knows for certain if the entrance is covered by the Copenhagen card. When I looked at the Copenhagen card and what it covered I couldn't see the museum but a previous poster implied they would be using it. Thanks for your help

I have been researching going to the Viking museum in Roskilde and was wondering if anyone knows for certain if the entrance is covered by the Copenhagen card. When I looked at the Copenhagen card and what it covered I couldn't see the museum but a previous poster implied they would be using it. Thanks for your help

I just ordered the 72 hour card and Roskilde Museum is on the list of freebies that I looked at. So is Roskilde Domkirke (I don't know what that is :o)

Archived