I live in Copenhagen - can give advice

The best option is to use bus number 26.

Page 1 (to Copenhagen) and page 3 (to freeport terminal) is departures on a regular weekday, the direction back to the cruise pier is Færgehavn Nord.

Skudehavnsvej is the closest bus stop on the timetable to the cruise terminal but the one you gonna use is called Kalkbrænderihavnsgade but they are located almost next to each other so they have the same departure times in the timetable.

http://www.moviatrafik.dk/Timetable%20Resources/26-0026-111211.pdf

Thanks so much Danish viking for that information.

Can you please tell me which would be the best stop in the city to get out of the bus and to take back to the wharf? (We love walking in Copenhagen, down that beautiful long main shopping street, past Palace, park and along waterfront, from memory.)

What would two single tickets cost from port to city, city to port? Do you know whether senior tickets are available for visitors or is it one price for all adults?

@ MMDown Under

Kongens Nytorv is located next to Nyhavn, Amalienborg and such.

In the other end of Strøget shopping street you will find the other stop at Rådhuspladsen, here you will find The town Hall and Tivoli.

The bus also stops at Stormbroen (between Rådhuspladsen and Kongens Nytorv stops) close to the national museum that has free entrance.

@ TylerRose

There are other hotels with allows for 3 persons in a room but these are the all in top 34 (out of 119) in tripadvisers list of Copenhagen hotels so the quality should be good.

Located a little bit south of the downtown area but bus 11A and S-trains from Dybbølsbro will do the trick.

Copenhagen Island

Tivoli Hotel

Located next to Town Hall Square, Tivoli and Central Station.

The Square

Radisson Blu Royal

Located in or close to Nyhavn, Rosenborg and Amalienborg.

Hotel Christian IV

Scandic Front

Located in the Ørestad business district between downtown Copenhagen and the airport.

Crowne Plaza Copenhagen Towers

Yes you guessed it :D next to the airport.

Hilton Copenhagen Airport

I just gonna bump this thread to the top because alot the answers I have made recently have not been replied (or thanked for that matter) so I want to make sure that I'm not wasting my time.

Maybe it sounds a little bit harsh but I just feel like that some people are just taking my help for granted.

I don't expect anyone to write thank letters or anything but it's nice to know if my replies was helpful or not.:D

I for one appreciate all the help you have given me. It is easy to forget how much time and effort goes into replying to everyone's questions.

It is great to have someone from the place where we plan to visit, who can answer all our questions and sometimes the same questions over and over again.

Well, quite honestly, I don't remember if I thanked you or not, but I definitely have been reading each post. I also cut and paste stuff to a document to refer to later. Anyway, if I didn't thank you, it was probably because I figured you didn't need to read 5 million "thank yous" in addition to the five million questions that people ask. However, thank you very, very much. I'm up to page 25 on reading the whole thread (although perhaps I should have started much later, as the first 25 pages might be a bit out of date by now!!) and it's a great thread. I do a LOT of research on each city, but it makes it so, so much better to have someone actually in the city who can validate or clarify what I read, especially if there are language or translation difficulties at play! Thank you, Danish viking!!

Maybe I'm just a drama queen :p but I do regularly check this thread to look up on recent posts and for some reason it just bothered me that there was no kind of activity.

And it doesn't have to be a thank you, also further questions just so I know that the message was recieved.

Danish Viking, thank you – you are so helpful!! I am a bit confused about travel to the Airport for Freeport. We will be docking at Freeport (on Wednesday July 4th) and traveling to the Airport. Our flight is at 12:20, so we have some time to make our way to the Airport. Do we take Bus 26 to the Central Station or to Østerport station, and then take the train to the Airport? If I understand it is 36DKK per person for 3 zones and we can pay the driver on the Bus and as long as it within the hour, our ticket is good for the train as well. Also, I saw you posted a link that certain buses aren’t running after July 2nd, but I couldn’t open the link.

@ MMDown Under

Kongens Nytorv is located next to Nyhavn, Amalienborg and such.

In the other end of Strøget shopping street you will find the other stop at Rådhuspladsen, here you will find The town Hall and Tivoli.

The bus also stops at Stormbroen (between Rådhuspladsen and Kongens Nytorv stops) close to the national museum that has free entrance.

Thanks Danish viking for the additional bus stop information, which is much appreciated.

"Stroget" - now I remember the name of that interesting long shopping street.

Copenhagen is a place I always wish I had a longer visit, as I love Danish design, plus there is the added interest of the Royal connection.

Between 14:00 and 24:00 at Nyhavn with Copenhagen Harbour Jazz performing could be a option.

Then theres this thing in Tivoli, i translated it with Google so its look a little bit funny

Sankthansaften in Tivoli

Music, bonfire and witches at the Tivoli Lake

Saturday the 23rd of June may Tivolis guests experience a fantastic sankthansaften in Tivoli. The evening would for example offer a bonfire and witches! DR girls Choir, DR Juniorchoir as well as DR childrens Choir sings midsommervisen (the mid summer song), and Tivolis guests is naturally invited to sing along!

Programme

Tivoli Lake kl. 21,30 Lur instruments in the Tivoli-Garden

Bålet tændes and DR girls Choir, DR Junior Choir and DR Childrens Choir sings Midsommervisen

Sankthansaften also offers:

Plænen kl. 22,00 and 23,00 Saturdays Swing with Michael Carøe and Tivolis Big Band

Medvirkende

DR Girls Choir

DR Junior Choir

DR Childrens Choir

Michael Bojesen, conductor

Susanne Wendt, conductor

place

The Bonfire is located in The Tivoli Lake between the restaurant Færgekroen and the Bridge in the Tivoli Lake

Billetter

The whole thing is included in the ticket price to Tivoli.

Danish Viking: Thanks so much for these tips! Someone else re-posted this already on our cruise's roll call, so you've helped more than just my mom and me. Love the Google translation. Thanks, Tara

@ swinn26

Normally the bus serves the many working places out in the Freeport area so in the summertime then most people are either on holiday or taking the bus on work in the good weather so the bus will "only" run in a 20 minute interval.

The best way to the airport is to take the bus to Østerport and take any trains heading for the airport or any Swedish town, this train runs every 10th minute.

I hope your all enjoy your day(s) in Copenhagen and remember there are no silly questions, only silly answers.

Hello,

First of all: Danish Viking, thank you for all the great information! if I missed out what I am asking now, sorry, but there are a few things I need: We will arrive on May 27 with MSC at the free harbour terimal/Sundkaj - as we want to tour Copenhagen on our own I plan to go to the main station / Tivoli and walk from there. We are a group of 6 and basically we have two options: train from Nordhavn or two taxis. what makes more sense economically and all together? Also: Can I pay train tickets with a credit card (european)? Also: How long is the walk from the Kastellet back to the free harbour?

Thank you for your help!

Udo

@ swinn26

Normally the bus serves the many working places out in the Freeport area so in the summertime then most people are either on holiday or taking the bus on work in the good weather so the bus will "only" run in a 20 minute interval.

The best way to the airport is to take the bus to Østerport and take any trains heading for the airport or any Swedish town, this train runs every 10th minute.

I hope your all enjoy your day(s) in Copenhagen and remember there are no silly questions, only silly answers.

Got it. Thanks so much, we leave for Copenhagen one month from today - I can't wait!

Hi,

We, too, departing 8th Aug on Emerald Princess.

We are driving from UK - stopping at the airport Hilton - then parking at the Cruise Terminal.

I have searched and emailed - and know there is a parking facility at Freeport.

But what I can't find is how to book :confused:

Am used to parking at Southampton - drive up to ship and car is taken away (all pre booked)

Any ideas? Can you book? How does it work?

@ obb1040

You can buy 6 two zone single tickets for 144 DKK (24 DKK each)

Or get a 2 zone clip card (klippekort) with 10 punches/clip for 145 DKK, then you can save some money and get 4 more persons with you to downtown Copenhagen.

It´s also more easy just to pay for the klippekort instead of paying for 6 single tickets.

2 taxis is probably 2*150 DKK or 180-200 DKK for one small van.

The walking time is probably around 30 minutes.

http://maps.google.dk/maps?saddr=Kastellet,+K%C3%B8benhavn&daddr=Sundkaj,+K%C3%B8benhavn&hl=da&ie=UTF8&geocode=FXDIUQMdfSzAACEza_u1O_HI-A%3BFesOUgMdrD_AACmJpV1o6lJSRjGgYlfaBHOLnw&oq=sundkaj&dirflg=w&doflg=ptk&mra=ls&t=m&z=14

We have a private walking tour scheduled for our group of 14 in Copenhagen - do you think we should tip the guide? I understand that there is not much tipping in Denmark, but I don't want to look unappreciative either! Also, how easy would it be to get a taxi from Dragor back to the airport? You do an INCREDIBLE service by answering all these questions - thank you!!!

Can you tell me which private tour company you are using? Would like to have a guided walking tour. thank you!

When is the walking tour of Copenhagen scheduled? I have looked for a tour that would pick us up at the Cruise dock at the end of our Cruise 7/4/12 do a tour and than drop us off at the Airport for our 3:45PM afternoon flight. The two of us would be interested in joining your group if this is the type of tour you are arranging.

Is the "snake bus" still in Copenhagen? I would LOVE to see this while I am there! http://www.jaymug.com/post/19899807664/copenhagen-zoo-snake-bus

Wow! I like that bus!

Has anyone been to Rosenborg gardens? Can I assume that you can walk around there, no problem, without going into the palace, which is NOT (understandably) free?

@ obb1040

You can buy 6 two zone single tickets for 144 DKK (24 DKK each)

Or get a 2 zone clip card (klippekort) with 10 punches/clip for 145 DKK, then you can save some money and get 4 more persons with you to downtown Copenhagen.

It´s also more easy just to pay for the klippekort instead of paying for 6 single tickets.

2 taxis is probably 2*150 DKK or 180-200 DKK for one small van.

The walking time is probably around 30 minutes.

http://maps.google.dk/maps?saddr=Kastellet,+K%C3%B8benhavn&daddr=Sundkaj,+K%C3%B8benhavn&hl=da&ie=UTF8&geocode=FXDIUQMdfSzAACEza_u1O_HI-A%3BFesOUgMdrD_AACmJpV1o6lJSRjGgYlfaBHOLnw&oq=sundkaj&dirflg=w&doflg=ptk&mra=ls&t=m&z=14

One question please...I was just reviewing my notes (leaving in 2 weeks!) and it just occurred to me - who punches the clip card? The driver? Or is there any automated machine you have to use to validate?

Thank-you!!

Dear Danish viking,

I am new here and I just found a lot of useful information in this thread; and you are really helpful to answer questions on Copenghagen.

My 1st question is: Can I buy the 24 hr city pass (DKK 75) when I arrive at the airport, only to be used after the cruise (12 days later)? This is because I plan to go onboard bus #26 after the cruise and I believe the bus does not sell tickets. Does the time start when I first use (or clip) my pass?

Secondly, how much a walk is from Osterport Station to Freeport Terminal? I am just wondering whether to take a taxi or public transport and then walk the rest.

Thanks in advance,

Dominic

One question please...I was just reviewing my notes (leaving in 2 weeks!) and it just occurred to me - who punches the clip card? The driver? Or is there any automated machine you have to use to validate?

Thank-you!!

You need to validate it in the yellow machines on the platform or at the bus. If you are caught in a bus/metro/train without a valid ticket/not punched clip-card you will get a 750 DKK fine.

Dear Danish viking,

I am new here and I just found a lot of useful information in this thread; and you are really helpful to answer questions on Copenghagen.

My 1st question is: Can I buy the 24 hr city pass (DKK 75) when I arrive at the airport, only to be used after the cruise (12 days later)? This is because I plan to go onboard bus #26 after the cruise and I believe the bus does not sell tickets. Does the time start when I first use (or clip) my pass?

Secondly, how much a walk is from Osterport Station to Freeport Terminal? I am just wondering whether to take a taxi or public transport and then walk the rest.

Thanks in advance,

Dominic

Hi Dominic

The 24 hr city pass is a 1 clip card that needs to be validated in the yellow machines on the platforms or in the bus. Therefore you can by the card at the DSB ticketoffice in the airport when you arrive. It's located at the train/metro station in the airport.

You can take a northbound S-train (red train) from Østerport to the next station "Nordhavn" and from there it's a aprox. 1 km. walk, but the ship(s) are visible from the station. A ticket to Østerport is also valid to Nordhavn.

Archived