Princess food

dancing

With all of the cuts many cruise lines are making has Princess changed their dining room food selections? We have always thought they had a great menu with lots of different choices. especially fish. The desserts included parfaits, souffles and the like? We recently returned from another cruise line ( won't do that again) and were so disappointed with the food.

We will return home to Princess.

Thanks

We just returned from the Crown the last week of April. While we did notice some changes in the menu we still found the selection to be very nice. Few changes in the desserts. Neither of us had any complaints about the choices available or the quality of the food. I must add I had no problem gaining a few pounds!

I've always wondered if/when cruise ships (and other "all-inclusive" venues) would start limiting the quanties of high-cost food items such as steak or lobster.

To me part of the allure of a cruise is that the food really is all-you-can/care to-eat. However, I also realise that the cruise lines have to pay bills, too, and cutting back on some of the food would be one way for them to save a few bucks. Or will they start upping some of their fees (such as soda cards) and nickel-and-diming us?

With all of the cuts many cruise lines are making has Princess changed their dining room food selections? We have always thought they had a great menu with lots of different choices. especially fish. The desserts included parfaits, souffles and the like? We recently returned from another cruise line ( won't do that again) and were so disappointed with the food. We will return home to Princess. Thanks

I have been somewhat disenchanted with their desserts in the recent years. But then a good old ice cream sundae will be a good end to any meal.

It would help if there was not so much waste which still costs the cruise lines money. Ridiculous room service orders with half of it left and some passengers trying to eat themselves to death 24 hours a day just because "I've paid for it".

We just returned from the Crown the last week of April. While we did notice some changes in the menu we still found the selection to be very nice. Few changes in the desserts. Neither of us had any complaints about the choices available or the quality of the food. I must add I had no problem gaining a few pounds!

Zacc,

Did they serve Escargot and Beef Wellington on the Crown? :confused:

We are going in Oct on a cruise on her...and I had head that Escargot might not be on the menu anymore.

Zacc,

Did they serve Escargot and Beef Wellington on the Crown? :confused:

We are going in Oct on a cruise on her...and I had head that Escargot might not be on the menu anymore.

I'd also like to know about the Escargot. I'll be on the Crown in October as well and I'm really looking forward to Escargot.

With all of the cuts many cruise lines are making has Princess changed their dining room food selections? We have always thought they had a great menu with lots of different choices. especially fish. The desserts included parfaits, souffles and the like? We recently returned from another cruise line ( won't do that again) and were so disappointed with the food.

We will return home to Princess.

Thanks

Welcome back. :D

:o I'm afraid to say it, but I have never tried the Escargot.

I'm wondering now if I should try it before they remove it from the menu.

What does it taste like?

Very garlic-y, buttery and herb-y....not to mention FABOLOUS! You should at least try it at once in your life...and if you don't like it..you can order something else.

BTW, thanks everyone for letting me know they still serve Escargot! Yummmo...I can't wait to have it. :D

Our most recent cruise on Princess was to Alaska in September of last year. As far as I could tell, the food was a great as it always has been. Interestingly enough, we did one cruise this spring on the Celebrity Mercury, and we both thought the food wasn't as good as what we'd had on Princess ships. We chose that Mercury cruise based on itenary, and after I started reading the Celebrity board here, I read many posts that said that the food on Celebrity was much better than on other lines. We don't agree!

Archived