Can Reservations Be Linked?

GTO-Girl

Several members of our family want to take our parents (80 & 78) on their first cruise (we are all past guests). We need three rooms so of course we would want them all at least the same floor and we would want to be seated together for meals.

My question is......does only one of us need to make everyone's reservation in order to cover my above concerns or once a reservation is made by one person can the others call in and link to that same reservation number?

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but we have only booked for ourselves, this will be first time we have all the siblings going.

Thanks for everyone's help....

Dianne

Linking the bookings will get you at the same table at dinner.

If you want to have cabins together, then you need to pay the extra to pick your cabins, dont get guarantees, where you are saying you dont care where Carnival puts you.

There is also a very good chance that your Guarantee Cabins can be side by side from each other if the Booking numbers are linked. This happen to us one year onboard Pride. Cruise Critic Member DianeF and a friend were all upgraded to Cat.5a cabins side by side when our bookings were linked.

Fred

We'll probably choose our rooms, even though it will cost us more. We couldn't take the chance of our parents room being too far away from ours.

I cannot believe they even want to go......Mom does not swim and is deathly afraid of water. All of a sudden all she talks about is going on a cruise. I guess it's because we all have done it.

You never know at their age how long you're going to have them, so if that's what they want to do, then that's exactly what we'll do. I'm still just in shock that they want to go....

Thanks again everybody!!

We'll probably choose our rooms, even though it will cost us more. We couldn't take the chance of our parents room being too far away from ours.

I cannot believe they even want to go......Mom does not swim and is deathly afraid of water. All of a sudden all she talks about is going on a cruise. I guess it's because we all have done it.

You never know at their age how long you're going to have them, so if that's what they want to do, then that's exactly what we'll do. I'm still just in shock that they want to go....

Thanks again everybody!!

Thats what I always do pay a little extra to make sure. For us its nice to open 3 balcony dividers in a row.

There is also a very good chance that your Guarantee Cabins can be side by side from each other if the Booking numbers are linked. This happen to us one year onboard Pride. Cruise Critic Member DianeF and a friend were all upgraded to Cat.5a cabins side by side when our bookings were linked.

Fred

There are 3 couples going when we go in September. All our bookings are linked. I'd love to get a cabin right next door to my sisters...she's got a balcony gty and we have an inside gty. They could put us across the hall but that wouldn't be nearly as good ;)

Thanks again everybody!!

We had a guy celebrating his 93rd birthday with his sisters on my Ecstasy crusie, good for him.

My parents would never cruise, so I can understand how you could be shocked that your changed their minds.

We linked our cruise with a couple we met on our last Glory cruise. We each requested it and had each other's booking numbers. We did it so we can sit together at dinner. We each booked our own specific cabins so we didnt' do it for that reason.

I can't get my folks to go on a cruise because my mom says she doesn't like to be out in the middle of the ocean. We tried to tell her on a caribbean cruise, you're never that far from land, but she swears she wouldn't like cruising. We give up. We would have taken them on one for their 50th anniversary and I know my sisters would have gone too, but she said no. My folks have only been on a handful of vacations that didn't involve family and never alone. My Father in law also won't go unless he has someone to go with. DH and I love vacationing alone, but not them. Congrats on getting your mom to go.

• 11 months later...
Linking the bookings will get you at the same table at dinner.

If you want to have cabins together, then you need to pay the extra to pick your cabins, dont get guarantees, where you are saying you dont care where Carnival puts you.

We have 5 cabins linked with 14 people going. I wonder how they will pick our tables for dinner since the big tables only seat 10?

Fred

our first cruise there were 6 cabins booked as IS gurantee. All booked with th same agent--linked together for dinner. Our cabins were all on the main deck-- scattered throughout the deck. 2 were upgraded to oceanviews. the rest stayed as insides. The two oceanviews were located all the way forward--on each side of the ship. my parents were midship. I was all the way aft. and the other 2 on the other side aft.

dont take chances if you want those cabins together-- book set cabins

On our last cruise we were told our bookings were linked and not to worry about. When we arrived they not only had us at different tables, we were in different dining rooms at different times! We knew our cabins would be a few decks apart because that's the way we chose to do it. I'm not sure if this caused some of the confusion. But, we got to the Dining Room as soon as we could to get our reservations changed, so no worries in the end. I would check as soon as you check in and high tail it to the dining room if it's not correct.

We have 5 cabins linked with 14 people going. I wonder how they will pick our tables for dinner since the big tables only seat 10?

you will get two tables for 8 people-- with two empty seats.

I was shocked to see how easy it was to link bookings. I booked with my pvp, but BIL booked 2 cabins with an on-line agency. He called my pvp, who linked the reservations (without taking BIL's over) Very nice of the pvp, since he didn't get the commission.

I booked a cruise a couple of years ago and then I had relatives in England that decided they wanted to do the same cruise with us. All they needed was my booking number to give to their TA. They ended up in the cabin next door and we had a table for 4 for dinner.

Archived