Solstice Preview Tomorrow (July 8th) in Miami

Host Anne

Host Anne

Thanks for getting a definite answer regarding the T-Pool. I think that was not a very smart decision on the part of Celebrity. They probably have a reason for eliminating it. that we will never no. I had no reason not to believe the person who told us there was one but the picture (although only a rendering) didn't look like a T-Pool or a Lap Pool to me. I'm disappointed but certainly won't let it alter my plans to sail Solstice. If DH and I only did ships with T-Pools we would be really limiting ourselves to the ships we would sail. :)

I honestly don't see the problem with not having a thalassotherapy pool.

A lap pool gives swimmers the chance to swim when the weather is bad, and the whirlpools have the same effect as a thalassotherapy pool.

I personally am glad that the indoor pool is for swimming and not for bathing.

Good decision by Celebrity.

Hi Lois,

Stars, not sure about that. ;) Yes we received the Thank You. It came to Bob's email. We talked at lunch and he said, "go in and check my email, our picture is on the Thank You." The first thing I thought was I hope I didn't have my mouth open like a fish. Also on that' "Thank You" is Carol (CAPinBoynton) with Nick. It really was such a nice day. They did a great job.

Regarding the T-Pool. I don't think that not having it is a "problem" for most of us, but some of us really enjoyed that pool. "Different strokes for different folks." I used to swim in it. It was large and not just for soaking. I'm sure the pool will be very nice that is there in its place . Time will tell. There are so many things that we are going to be able to explore and discover. :o I think that Celebrity Missed the Boat :p on this one. Just one persons opinion.

Host Anne, maybe you'll have better luck in finding out for us. I sent an e-mail to Celebrity with this and a few other questions regarding the amenities associated with the Aqua Class cabins almost a month ago, but never received any type of a reply other than that automatically generated response that they send.:( I finally gave in and responded to that message earlier this week reminding them of my prior e-mail, but still no luck. I suppose it's not a terribly important question, but it's still one that I have yet to see definitively answered.

Thanks everyone for all of the information you've already posted thus far!:D

Host Anne, did you come away with the impression that Blu will be an adult dining venue? Based on the Aqua class staterooms having king beds and being only double occupancy, it stands to reason that they are definitely designed for adult couples. Was this ever discussed or implied?

I honestly don't see the problem with not having a thalassotherapy pool.

A lap pool gives swimmers the chance to swim when the weather is bad, and the whirlpools have the same effect as a thalassotherapy pool.

I personally am glad that the indoor pool is for swimming and not for bathing.

Good decision by Celebrity.

Did they actually describe the lap pool design & function at the preview? Hope this will not be a serious swimmers lap pool with marked or roped lanes,-Serious lap swimmers go back & forth & sometimes do not like the less serious swimmers to get in their way.. I am a floater , bobber & swimmer but I do not do laps & hope the pool will be forme too!

The T pools on M class are nice but nothing compared to the one on Mecury..That was truly therapeutic-- the minerals & hydro stations are awesome. ..really missed it not being on the Century anymore.

During the question and answer session no one spoke about the pool. What I was told (incorrectly) came up during a one on one conversation. I can't imagine that the pool would be the length required for a true lap pool but can't answer that one. Maybe Host Anne could find that out for us. Also would like to know if this inside pool will be heated. Inquiring minds want to know.

Hi, Lois. You are in our thoughts. Have a nice evening.

Hi Carol,:) hope South Florida is doing ok....we are having

storms this evening:eek:.....doncha love getting caught running

from Bealls to the car and getting drenched?:rolleyes:

Nobody asked about the pool in the first session either.

(Not that I can remember anyway).

Thanks for the good thoughts:)

Hi Everyone !

Hcat : I doubt the indoor pool will be a true lap pool, with roped lanes etc. I will be happy to ask and see if I can find out any additional information.

Carol Anne : I can ask about the pool being heated, or I am sure Anne will. Either way, hopefully, one of us can get an answer.

Daphna : Are you sure it that BLU be open seating ? I was also at the preview in Miami, and I was told there would be 2 seatings, just like the main dining room. I will also ask about this, and see what I can find out.

Lois : How are you ? Is something wrong ? BTW, you might want to check the Thank you email again :)

Thanks Andy, a heated pool would be nice thats for sure :p .

Lois, better to get drenched leaving than on the way in. Hope you got some really good bargains. We love Bealls. We almost went there today to see what we could find. Went to the Mall instead and saw nothing.

Lois we couldn't believe it when we got the second Thank You. They are really a Class Act. They have made a nice memory for us to add to all the others from cruising over the years.

Andy,

Yes, today on the phone celebirty member / customer service told me it would be open seating. Perhaps you can clarify it. I hope so.

My hobby is gourmet cooking and in reading Murano's menu sample..it looks amazing. Very creative and tempting.

Daph

Yes, today on the phone celebirty member / customer service told me it would be open seating. Perhaps you can clarify it. I hope so. Daph

My understanding is that there will be two seatings just like the main restaurant but this could have changed too.

However, the numbers seem to suggest two separate seatings: There will be tables enough for a total of 130 pax in Blu, while there will be 130 AQ cabins for a total of 260 AQ pax. (As per the Solstice brochure AQ cabins are double occupancy only.) So Blu is big enough for two seatings when AQ is fully booked. Don't know how =X= could manage open seating given these constraints.

Andy,

Yes, today on the phone celebirty member / customer service told me it would be open seating. Perhaps you can clarify it. I hope so.

My hobby is gourmet cooking and in reading Murano's menu sample..it looks amazing. Very creative and tempting.

Daph

Hi Daphne !

I just recieved a response. I was told that BLU was definitely 2 seatings, at 6 pm & 8:30 pm, the same as the Grand Epernay (Main Dining Room). My original information about BLU was accurate, and it is confirmed now.

As Rolfecms said, while open seating is a nice idea, given the smaller size of BLU, open seating would be a logistical nightmare. I know this isnt what you wanted to hear, but the answer makes sense.

In the current issue of Conde Nast Traveler, there is a pullout section designed to help people pick the cruise that is right for them. One of the sections recommends ships for people who are interested in spa features. Solstice is one of the ships highlighted. Among other things in describing the wonders of aquaclass cabins is the statement that it includes passengers, "receive two complimentary spa treatments. Is the reference to the Persian Gardens and Relaxation area or is there something additional that no one has yet mentioned. I suspect the former, but thought I might as well ask the experts.

thanks

Jerry

Archived